To the Greeneville players and staff:

Gdevil

I hope you can sustain some momentum going into this week's game and continue the remainder of the season. There are a lot of folks around town pulling against you and that's a shame. I had to go to work today and listen to several of the naysayers make excuses about how you won Friday night over Betsy. In fact, they are making excuses about all of your wins. Quite frankly, it makes me sick at my stomach. Dig down deep in your hearts and go show 'em.

And, to the negative, feeble minded naysayers (you know who you are): Why don't you find something positive to fulfill your life with. Would it hurt so bad to be encouraging to a group of young men who are giving their hearts and guts everyday to a noble cause? Yes, a noble cause. Because this is not about football. Its about learning lessons in real life in a real world and about learning to become a man. I'm not sure what's behind the movement to discredit this football team. Maybe your parents abused you or something. But, please find something positive to hope for in your life. You know the funny thing is the negative comments for the most part are coming from those who have no current ties to the program at all. Maybe you wish you did.

Oh well, enough of my venting. Go Greene Devils! Most of us are still behind you. Dig down deep and let's go win another one.

I hope you can sustain some momentum going into this week's game and continue the remainder of the season. There are a lot of folks around town pulling against you and that's a shame. I had to go to work today and listen to several of the naysayers make excuses about how you won Friday night over Betsy. In fact, they are making excuses about all of your wins. Quite frankly, it makes me sick at my stomach. Dig down deep in your hearts and go show 'em.

And, to the negative, feeble minded naysayers (you know who you are): Why don't you find something positive to fulfill your life with. Would it hurt so bad to be encouraging to a group of young men who are giving their hearts and guts everyday to a noble cause? Yes, a noble cause. Because this is not about football. Its about learning lessons in real life in a real world and about learning to become a man. I'm not sure what's behind the movement to discredit this football team. Maybe your parents abused you or something. But, please find something positive to hope for in your life. You know the funny thing is the negative comments for the most part are coming from those who have no current ties to the program at all. Maybe you wish you did.

Oh well, enough of my venting. Go Greene Devils! Most of us are still behind you. Dig down deep and let's go win another one.

There are plenty of Devil fans who believe in this young team and know they are going to do big things in the next couple of years. I thought they played extremely mature ball on Friday, although I was a bit disappointed that Betsy didn't give them more of a game. These kids have had a couple of disappointing losses but they aren't giving up alot of points( averaging 10.5 per game) and are really starting to mature offensively on the ground and in the air. I find it difficult to criticize any part of this young team's performance... they are patient and disciplined. Frankly I was pleasantly surprised at the relatively low occurrance of bonehead mistakes and penalties given their youth.They are almost always outsized, but make up for it with speed... and heart.

Cherokee will be another big test for these tenacious little Devils... maybe if they beat Cherokee, those nay-sayer will have a change of heart.

I hear it time after time at school people who dont that play football, they say we are going to get stomped or we are going to lose. Those people have no right to say a word. If they were out there every day of practice and all the summer two a days then they could say somthing. They also cant tell us how to play either because if they could do a better job then they need to get there buts out there and play.