who will beat So.pittsburg

Sp_Prince

One should sub when the other team also is subbing, younger kids playing against the starters are more subject to injury. That being said, when the subbing begins, passing should be held to a minimum, running plays should be held to the inside, and fundementals should be emphasized. Running the offense is critical to next year, but it is critical the younger kids stick to the fundementals in a game situation until they have it down. Running a full fledged offense should be gradual, not immediately placed into the game for experience. I have not seen SP do even the holding the passing to a minimum. They go all out for four quarters which should be done in tight games. However in a blowout, hanging over sixty on a team because you can is well.....

It appears to Chester that you are a little bitter toward SP. If Chester recalls right, SP gave Coalfield a good lashing back in the late 90's. Does this have anything to do with your bitterness toward SP? Chester thinks that it is hard for SP to put in scrubs because half of their starters are sophomores. Chester says Coalfield can't touch SP.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears to Chester that you are a little bitter toward SP. If Chester recalls right, SP gave Coalfield a good lashing back in the late 90's. Does this have anything to do with your bitterness toward SP? Chester thinks that it is hard for SP to put in scrubs because half of their starters are sophomores. Chester says Coalfield can't touch SP.

Nope, just speaking from experience, the best teacher. When you see a team throwing for the endzone ahead 48 points, that speaks volumes. Chester says a lot but not that much. Saying things over and over again doesn't make it right or happen.

If you have seen S.P. play then you would know that passing is the way that S.P. usually keeps from scoring a lot more points, but they need to work on it at points in the game when there is not a big doubt. All a lesser team needs in the first quarter is a big interception return for a TD to get a lot of momentum on their side. That being said... against copper Basin S.P. had only one starter play many snaps at all the entire second half. S.P. played poorly and still won handily. How did Coalfield score their 50+ points against Copper Basin... my guess if they could have beaten their other opponents by 50 + they would have, but can't so stop hating... or silky johnson will have to put you in your place

If you have seen S.P. play then you would know that passing is the way that S.P. usually keeps from scoring a lot more points, but they need to work on it at points in the game when there is not a big doubt. All a lesser team needs in the first quarter is a big interception return for a TD to get a lot of momentum on their side. That being said... against copper Basin S.P. had only one starter play many snaps at all the entire second half. S.P. played poorly and still won handily. How did Coalfield score their 50+ points against Copper Basin... my guess if they could have beaten their other opponents by 50 + they would have, but can't so stop hating... or silky johnson will have to put you in your place

Read up thread there genious. CMS gave a run down on how Coalfield scored 50+ on CB. Two of the final touchdowns were scored by sophomores with the JV in the ballgame but CB had also subbed. Coalfield quit throwing the ball in the second half and ran the ball. Only time the starters hit the field was to punt, no JV put team.

Coach Kreis knows what goes around comes around and makes every effort to not run it past sixty. He doesn't like it when it happens to him and it has a few times.

One should sub when the other team also is subbing, younger kids playing against the starters are more subject to injury. That being said, when the subbing begins, passing should be held to a minimum, running plays should be held to the inside, and fundementals should be emphasized. Running the offense is critical to next year, but it is critical the younger kids stick to the fundementals in a game situation until they have it down. Running a full fledged offense should be gradual, not immediately placed into the game for experience. I have not seen SP do even the holding the passing to a minimum. They go all out for four quarters which should be done in tight games. However in a blowout, hanging over sixty on a team because you can is well.....

Why should the younger guys, who have practiced all year just like the starters, be told they can't run the plays they have learned, including passes. Does that 3rd string QB (who played quite a bit against Bledsoe) want to just hand off for half a quarter on all dive plays? Why should running the offense be gradual if they know how to run it? Often they are running against other teams who still have a lot of their starters in. Maybe the other teams should start giving their younger guys better preparation and teach them the fundimentals during spring and summer camp. I'm not sure what games you have been to this year but SP has had most of their points by the middle of the third qtr. We could have scored 100 pretty easily in a couple of the games

Ok, keep telling yourself that and hope your right. It is simply not how it appears to the world outside SP, if there is such a place as outside SP since the world revolves around that vacinity. At least the football world. It is handled differently in other areas to keep from running a score and could be handled at SP. Meanwhile, if and when SP gets over sixty-five hung on them, I would expect you to keep the attitude. Deal, or no Deal?

Edited by CYJacket

Here's the problem... SP's scorers... Robert Robinson had 4 TD's in first half.. none in second.... the rest were scored by sophomores.... so that means half of our points in the last game were scored by sophomores..oh my bad there's one junior that didn't play last year that scored as well... and if memory serves we didn't have a single pass thrown into the end zone this season in the second half... but I'm not sure.... tell me of any exceptions... if anyone knows of any

Coach Kreis knows what goes around comes around and makes every effort to not run it past sixty. He doesn't like it when it happens to him and it has a few times.

Compare the scores. Only once has SP gone over 60. Most schools are not happy about having 60 hung on them so I imagine they claim your coach is running up the score. Coalfield scored more on CB than SP did. Running up the score??? I believe your coach would have scored more in the other games if he could have just like we would have against Boyd.

Fri Aug. 18 at Greenback W 62-14

Fri Aug. 25 Boyd Buchanan W 19-14

Fri Sep. 8 at Lookout Valley R W 56-0

Fri Sep. 15 Copper Basin R W 48-0

Fri Sep. 22 Bledsoe Co. W 59-0

Thu Aug. 17 Cumberland Gap W 46-0

Fri Aug. 25 at Wartburg W 32-6

Fri Sep. 1 at Oneida R W 7-0

Fri Sep. 8 at Oliver Springs W 28-21

Fri Sep. 15 at Midway R W 15-13

Fri Sep. 22 Copper Basin W 53-0

Ok, keep telling yourself that and hope your right. It is simply not how it appears to the world outside SP, if there is such a place as outside SP since the world revolves around that vacinity. At least the football world. It is handled differently in other areas to keep from running a score and could be handled at SP. Meanwhile, if and when SP gets over sixty-five hung on them, I would expect you to keep the attitude. Deal, or no Deal?

Deal. If you guys can hang 65 on us I won't say a word. Just get it done in 3 qtrs or less like we do. I hope we get to meet Coalfield in the playoffs.

Doubt it. I have seen him score 56, then send word over to the opposing coach that he wants to slow it down and ask that the clock continue to run, and he would not take a time out, or anything else to keep from running it up. Yeah, he would have liked to have scored more on the teams above where it was close, but with CG, again it was slowed and subs went in early stalling the scoring at the score you listed.

This is not a C-town thread and their scoring habits. I chimed in with a historical perspective.

Your problem is a perception problem, not just from me, but it appears others above feel the same way. It appears to others outside SP that this is done on purpose, thus exposing a lack of class. Question is what is SP gonna do about this perception? Answer: nothing, though ZP you admit that "Vic likes to score a lot of points". That is a first step in any addiction, admitting you have a problem. Rehab. is just one step away.

Deal. If you guys can hang 65 on us I won't say a word. Just get it done in 3 qtrs or less like we do. I hope we get to meet Coalfield in the playoffs.

We may not even meet. I say any team, any season. Besides, you miss my point Coalfield wouldn't do it if they had the chance. There is the difference.

Edited by CYJacket