Brentwood vs Centennial

chsfan

In what was expected to be a fairly evenly matched game, one team put pressure on the others defense all night, while the other struggled to get any good looks. One team came in with a lot of hype while the other has been flying under the radar for most of the season. With everyone as healthy as they've been all season and in the proper positions on the field, the underdog Cougars came away with a 2-0 victory and let it be known that they are not to be overlooked. Congrats to Centennial and good luck to both teams in the district. It looks like once again that one of the best teams in the state will not advance to regional play. We'll have to wait and see who that team will be.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In what was expected to be a fairly evenly matched game, one team put pressure on the others defense all night, while the other struggled to get any good looks. One team came in with a lot of hype while the other has been flying under the radar for most of the season. With everyone as healthy as they've been all season and in the proper positions on the field, the underdog Cougars came away with a 2-0 victory and let it be known that they are not to be overlooked. Congrats to Centennial and good luck to both teams in the district. It looks like once again that one of the best teams in the state will not advance to regional play. We'll have to wait and see who that team will be.

For those in the know I don't think Centennial would have been considered the underdog. It was painful to watch from a Brentwood point but good in a way to see Centennial back. They are an excellent team and capable, as is Brentwood, of going a long way in the post season. And, once again, a quality team will not advance past the District semis.

For those in the know I don't think Centennial would have been considered the underdog. It was painful to watch from a Brentwood point but good in a way to see Centennial back. They are an excellent team and capable, as is Brentwood, of going a long way in the post season. And, once again, a quality team will not advance past the District semis.

Brentwood beat Franklin, and Centennial dominated Brentwood. Should make for a good Franklin vs. Centennial game. Can Franklin really hope to stop Anna Fisher with two freshman defenders and freshman goal keeper?

Brentwood beat Franklin, and Centennial dominated Brentwood. Should make for a good Franklin vs. Centennial game. Can Franklin really hope to stop Anna Fisher with two freshman defenders and freshman goal keeper?

They better be concerned with more than just Anna. You can stop one player, as Brentwood did tonight, but the Cougars have much more than just her. Against good competition Anna has a hard time scoring, just like any other player. In those games the rest of the team must contribute a great deal for them to win. Centennial has a pretty good overall team and they are playing good team soccer right now. In a year without any real good AAA teams they are playing as well as anyone.

Wow, what an exciting district!!

Currently (if you see the rankings that are posted on the board) we have:

Brentwood #1

Franklin #5

Centennial #15

Ravenwood #17

Independence #20

It's a shame that they all can't be in the State tournament, because I think they all could beat most of the teams in the state!

ALL these teams should move up in the rankings this week (excepts Brentwood who will move down, and Franklin will stay about the same.)

My prediction:

Brentwood #2

Franklin #5

Centennial #9

Ravenwood #14 (tie)

Independence #14 (tie)

I have to agree on this night CHS was certainly the dominant team. They seemed faster, won more 50:50 balls. Just seemed to want the game more. Was this partly a hangover for Brentwood from Monday nights big emotional win. Who knows, but the folks that talk about this district being tough are correct.

This district definitely has 2 seasons, and the only one that really matters is the tournament. The regular season sets the brackets (which is huge) and the district tourney determines who goes home. Is it fair, many would say probably not, but it is what it is. Historically teams that win during the regular season don't always win in the District Tourney. All of them would be wise to remember that.

Centennial is the team to beat in the district and has been all year. For those who were aware of the injury situation it was a given that when those players were back that the Cougars would be an excellent team. Surely you knew that?

I care a great deal about Centennial and I would never make that bold a statement about them, no matter the forum. That's the type of statement someone outside the program needs to make if anyone is going to take it seriously. My whole point is that there is nothing in the soccer forum for the past month that shares your current opinion. All the talk has been about Franklin and Brentwood. If we're going to have a quality forum, let's voice our opinion early on instead of "Post Facto".

I care a great deal about Centennial and I would never make that bold a statement about them, no matter the forum. That's the type of statement someone outside the program needs to make if anyone is going to take it seriously. My whole point is that there is nothing in the soccer forum for the past month that shares your current opinion. All the talk has been about Franklin and Brentwood. If we're going to have a quality forum, let's voice our opinion early on instead of "Post Facto".

I am so glad you won't make bold statements.

Because it hasn't been in the froum in the last month does not mean much of anything, other than you read a months worth of posts I guess. When Centennial got well, which it appears they have, they were going to be the team to beat in the district. Doesn't matter if you feel that way or not, but if you had seen them play earlier in the season(?) and saw them play last night, then you might see what well vs. injured means. They have a terrific team. If they don't get reamed like they did in State last year they can go a very long way.