DCA vs. Goodpasture

pballer44

DCA gave up 49 to a team that gave up 62 to Goodpasture

it will take luck

but it wont happen

cougars 49-0

49-0 is probally a good score, but I'm gonna go with 35-7 for the fact that Goodpasture and DCA are on good terms and Coach Martin won't try to blow DCA off the field as they did other teams.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49-0 is probally a good score, but I'm gonna go with 35-7 for the fact that Goodpasture and DCA are on good terms and Coach Martin won't try to blow DCA off the field as they did other teams.

he cant control the score

the 2nd string backs are as good as the 1st

the backup at QB is good enough to start for some teams

the scores just keep coming

the 2nd unit was in fri. in the 2nd quarter

he cant control the score

the 2nd string backs are as good as the 1st

the backup at QB is good enough to start for some teams

the scores just keep coming

the 2nd unit was in fri. in the 2nd quarter

Your right Goodpasture has been blessed with a great amount of running backs and a back up QB who is a great passer and if he needs to can run it too. In the ER and the Fairview game the 2nd and 3rd team contributed to the score on the 1st team of those schools.

There's no maybe to it :thumb:

This Goodpasture team may be the best I've ever seen and that is saying something. Fairview and CPA are both terrific football teams that Goodpasture will see again in the playoffs, along with possibly Lewis Co., but none of those teams are in the Cougars league right now. That Alcoa loss last year gave this team the right motivation to do something special this year. The Cougars will win this one by 50 at least.

Region 5-2A has three good, I mean great, teams. Outside of that the rest of the region is wide open. East Robertson, DCA, Ezell Harding, & even Harpeth could wind up with that final playoff spot before the year is all said and done.

I wouldn't forget to put Camden in that mix...they are better than they were last year when they were plenty good enough to make it to the quarters against Goodpasture.

As far as this game...Goodpasture by as much as they want.

Goodpasture may finally break that school record for points in a game, i can see GP putting up at least 80 if they want, and they could very easily shut DCA out

goodpature could have very easily have already broken that school record if they kept the first team in for more than 1 half.they put their second team in the second quarter. coach martin just has more respect for other teams than to put up 90 points a game.when he puts the second team in he cant help it if they can put the points up to he is just giving them the playing time they want.on most teams they have played the jv has even scored.GP wins this no doubt the amount of points they score depends on coach martins mood friday night.

goodpature could have very easily have already broken that school record if they kept the first team in for more than 1 half.they put their second team in the second quarter. coach martin just has more respect for other teams than to put up 90 points a game.when he puts the second team in he cant help it if they can put the points up to he is just giving them the playing time they want.on most teams they have played the jv has even scored.GP wins this no doubt the amount of points they score depends on coach martins mood friday night.

Does a fake punt when GP was up by 30 mean anything to you?????

If I'm right you're talking about the Fairview game. If anyone knows Coach Martin you know he hates to punt, if he thinks he can get the first down than he'll go for it. It doesn't matter what the score is. But you notice he took the first team out at the end of the 2nd quarter. Go ask a team like last yr's Alcoa team to do that for you.

Edited by machine

Yes it means that its something that needs to be worked on in a game and that is one of them they were also on their own 30.

I thought you held out trick plays until you really needed them. It kinda spoils that element of the surprise. Now every team you play will look for a fake punt.

actually goodpasture hadn't faked a punt all year and hadn't had very many chances too and what i see goodpasture wa trying to do is show that they would still fake punt and let other teams know it on film. i have seen many coaches do it so teams will expect a fake punt in almost every situation plus it probably needed to be worked on in a game situation because of the fact one hadn;t been run all year and punt was a weak spot of GP last year