Cloudland vs Jellico...what happened?

dogbreath

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasn't supposed to play much, if any, offense last night. He was supposed to play defense only and maybe see spot time at receiver. The coaches all told Keith that he didn't need to run him right off the bat... but Keith sent him in and on the second play, he rebroke the same collarbone. It's a shame. He'll be okay for basketball, where Cloudland will compete and possibly win the conference instead of delivering perhaps the most embarrassing loss in the last 20 years.

He wasn't supposed to play much, if any, offense last night. He was supposed to play defense only and maybe see spot time at receiver. The coaches all told Keith that he didn't need to run him right off the bat... but Keith sent him in and on the second play, he rebroke the same collarbone. It's a shame. He'll be okay for basketball, where Cloudland will compete and possibly win the conference instead of delivering perhaps the most embarrassing loss in the last 20 years.

ACDC,

Not trying to start a fight, but that's a very peculiar post. I can't imagine any doctor releasing a player on a limited basis; too much of a liability/legal risk.

I'm not defending Coach Keith, but I highly doubt he would've run him without Full Clearance. If the Doctor cleared him, he cleared him. Otherwise, it's off to the Courthouse.

ACDC,

Not trying to start a fight, but that's a very peculiar post. I can't imagine any doctor releasing a player on a limited basis; too much of a liability/legal risk.

I'm not defending Coach Keith, but I highly doubt he would've run him without Full Clearance. If the Doctor cleared him, he cleared him. Otherwise, it's off to the Courthouse.

Kim, whats the injury report look like for Cloudland??? I know about Hughes. But on your broadcast it sounded like both their gaurds came away with injuries... Also, what about Clawson. Was he just wore out, or is it something a little more serious?

ACDC,

Krich,

He was cleared to play, but not to see extensive contact (i.e. running and taking hits tackling). At defensive back, he wouldn't have been hit as much. At receiver, probably not as much against Jellico of all teams. I know for a fact (I'll explain later when I see you) that three Cloudland coaches told Keith not to run him for fear of reinjury. Jordan was supposed to be out until next week, but got cleared to play. If he had another week of limited contact, that bone would be stronger imo. Oh well. Back to my last post, seems like Cloudland basketball will have tougher competition from Unaka and Hampton. RONNIE SNAVELY back on the creek. That's a shocker!

Coach Keith knew Jordan was not to be running the ball, yet he put it in his hands anyway. Like I said , Kieth only cares about looking good. However, I'm sure Jordan had clearence to play, but should he have been? NO! Did Keith pressure him to play? I'm sure. Why CHS keeps Keith as head coach is beyond me, not only do the players and studients hate him but even his assistance coaches can't stand him. Not to mention that he runs a sorry class room, you know what they learn in Keiths class? How to sleep at your desk, seriously I've seen it. They do mostly nothing in there.

We played Texas Hold-em back in '99 lol

I'm not questioning the motives for playing, or not playing Hughes. I'm just sorry he's hurt. The day after my oldest son, Andrew, got the cast off his left arm, guess what. He re-fractured it! There's a very delicate time, especially in contact sports, where the bones are subject to re-injury.

Jordan has a little over a month until his first basketball game, and he's proven his competitiveness. I think he'll be fine by then, but still a sad night in Roan Mountain.

And a little off the subject, but In basketball the Highlanders are always tough; the games with Unaka are special. The Rangers are a Very Good team; lots of returning lettermen - Church, Roper, Hunter Taylor, the Smith Twins, Colbaugh, Jeff Peters; plus, Jordan Lewis is a very good basketball player.

The injury situation at Cloudland: Gary Buchanan will play if he has to crawl onto the field, and I'm sure the same is true for Turbeyfield. Clawson was hurt, not just tired, and we've already talked about Hughes. Unaka should be relatively healthy; Lewis looked near 100% last Thursday against King's Academy. If ever Unaka had a chance against Cloudland, it's this week.

Also, Cloudlands gaurd, Turbyfield, got hurt. And the Clawson kid was also limping around... But Jellico just played good deffense and caught some breaks there at the end, and pulled out the win.

Thanks for giving Jellico a little bit of credit, I would say that the players of Jellico had the desire to not lose.

What happenend? Coach Kieth is a stupid idiot, that's what's happening.

Not going to argue if he is or isn't, however I've known plenty of coaches that have followed a legend and not succeeded because people didn't like change and those coaches went on to have success when they left that school. Maybe if everyone will buy into what he's doing it might work.