SP

MC1170

I was it the game last Friday night. What I witnessed was a good old fashioned butt kicking. I sure didn't expect that to happen. I sure thought that SP would concentrate more on the run than they did. I believe they ran like 52 times and threw about 12 times(estimate from Chatt. TFP). Normally the only throw about 3-5 times from what I understand. BUT, I believe that is what helped them win this game. We stopped them the first two series like it was nothing. Then on their third series they started throwing. After that, it opened up the run.

I always have said that the more balanced the offensive attack is, the more effective it is too. We try to throw it most of the time, when I believe if we would run a little more, it would just open up our passing game. The same goes for SP. They have a very capable passer in the Robinson kid who makes very good decisions on the field. I can't remember him throwing an ill-advised pass during the whole game. They also have some very speedy receivers who can make some big plays IF they catch the ball. I know of at least 1 dropped pass against us that would have probably been a TD. If SP would throw about 20-25 times a game(would still leave about 40-45 rushing attempts) it would make the defenses loosen up and play agaist the pass, which would in turn allow the RB's to gain even more yards. I am not a SP hater like most here(they ARE a part of Marion County) but I think this would make them VERY VERY dangerous and even more unstoppable. Think about it........ They usually lose in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs because they face a team that says...."we are gonna stop your running....if you can pass and beat us, so be it, but that's what you are going to have to do." And SP still tries to run, run, run. (sound alot like what Boyd did to You this year). Look at last year. We won by one point (GO WARRIORS) and SP had a reciever that no one from our team could come close to stopping. They didn't even use him until the second half. No doubt in my mind SP would have won handily if they would have been throwing the whole game. But that is the past.

Good Luck to the pirates this friday. I believe that Temple is a good team but not good enough to hang with the pirates. My early prediction......

SP 42 TT 32 (if SP only tries to run)

SP 55 TT 32 (if SP is two dimentional like they could be)

I sure wish I could see this one but I'll be @ MC vs. Bledsoe County. GO WARRIORS