Region 2 4A Projected Finish

leectn

Here is what I think the records and standings will be at the end of the year for Region 2 4A.

MoWest 7-0

Boone 6-1

Cherokee 5-2

East 4-3

Greene 3-4

Volunteer 2-5

Crockett 1-6

Cocke 0-7

Any comments?? Note: Cherokee and East may be swithed due to their game, but I think Cherokee wins.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I think the records and standings will be at the end of the year for Region 2 4A.

MoWest 7-0

Boone 6-1

Cherokee 5-2

East 4-3

Greene 3-4

Volunteer 2-5

Crockett 1-6

Cocke 0-7

Any comments?? Note: Cherokee and East may be swithed due to their game, but I think Cherokee wins.

Looks a lot like last year.

MoWest 7-0

Boone 6-1

Cherokee 5-2

East 4-3

Greene 3-4

Volunteer 2-5

Crockett 1-6

Cocke 0-7

I agree with the top four teams mentioned and with West taking the top spot but I really believe that slots 2 thru 4 are up for grabs. I fully expect Boone to go into the last game with East at 5-1. I just don't see Crockett and Volunteer beating the Blazers. Cherokee is in a great position right now but I do not believe they will beat either East or West which should leave them at 4-3 with a win over Volunteer in the Hawkins County Bowl. East, therefore, has a very good chance to go into the Boone game at 5-1 also; their games with the Chiefs and Devils are very winnable although the Canes have to play on road for both of those. If they can come through that successfully, then the Canes will host the Blazers on the 27th in a battle for 2nd spot and a home-field advantage in round 1.

Then again, the best laid plans..... :rolleyes:

ROLL TROJANS

I agree with the top four teams mentioned and with West taking the top spot but I really believe that slots 2 thru 4 are up for grabs. I fully expect Boone to go into the last game with East at 5-1. I just don't see Crockett and Volunteer beating the Blazers. Cherokee is in a great position right now but I do not believe they will beat either East or West which should leave them at 4-3 with a win over Volunteer in the Hawkins County Bowl. East, therefore, has a very good chance to go into the Boone game at 5-1 also; their games with the Chiefs and Devils are very winnable although the Canes have to play on road for both of those. If they can come through that successfully, then the Canes will host the Blazers on the 27th in a battle for 2nd spot and a home-field advantage in round 1.

Then again, the best laid plans..... :thumb:

ROLL TROJANS

Well, Friday, October 13, 2006 shows why the games are played. The big win by East and the loss by Boone makes for an extremely interesting conference schedule and finish. There are no games that are not big games for everyone in the region. The finals show that anyone can lose on Friday. New finish prediction:

West 7-0

East 6-1

Boone 4-3

Cherokee 4-3 (4th due to head to head with Boone)

Greeneville 3-4

Volunteer 3-4

David Crockett 1-6

Cocke 0-7

Well, Friday, October 13, 2006 shows why the games are played. The big win by East and the loss by Boone makes for an extremely interesting conference schedule and finish. There are no games that are not big games for everyone in the region. The finals show that anyone can lose on Friday. New finish prediction:

West 7-0

East 6-1

Boone 4-3

Greeneville 3-4

Volunteer 3-4

David Crockett 1-6

Cocke 0-7

just wonderin who outa these team would u least like to meet in playoffs as a west fan curious to hear what u got to say

West 7-0

East 6-1

Boone 4-3

Greeneville 3-4

Volunteer 3-4

David Crockett 1-6

Cocke 0-7

Boone still needs a win to solidify their place. If I check things right, there is there a way for Boone to get OUT of the playoffs if they end up losing their last 2 games and some other things play out. Not good for my boys at all. If they pick up a win this week, they should be perfectly fine in at least a third place spot. They can still end up in second, I believe, if they win out. It is hard to say what will happen as of right now. Mo West has number one packed in I think. Wins over Boone and East and whoever they played last week locked that in I think.

Boone still needs a win to solidify their place. If I check things right, there is there a way for Boone to get OUT of the playoffs if they end up losing their last 2 games and some other things play out. Not good for my boys at all. If they pick up a win this week, they should be perfectly fine in at least a third place spot. They can still end up in second, I believe, if they win out. It is hard to say what will happen as of right now. Mo West has number one packed in I think. Wins over Boone and East and whoever they played last week locked that in I think.

Nothing is locked in as of yet and I will show you what I mean:

MoWest current 5-0 -- Cherokee, Cocke Co left can lose one and still be 1st

East current 4-1 -- Greeneville, Daniel Boone left can lose to Greeneville and still be 2nd (if DB beats Crockett and loses to East) if lose both move to 5th

Boone current 3-2 -- Crockett, East left win both will be 2nd

Cherokee current 3-2 -- MoWest, Volunteer left win both will be third if East loses both

Greeneville current 2-3 -- East, Crockett left

Volunteer current 2-3 -- Cocke Co, Cherokee left

Crockett current 1-4 -- Daniel Boone, Greeneville left

Cocke Co current 0-5 -- Volunteer, MoWest left

If Greeneville wins both and East loses both they will be 4th. The scenarios become to complex for me past that. Volunteer stands a chance at the playoffs if they win out and the complexion of the standings will change drastically in that event. At this point, only MoWest is assured of a playoff spot (win Friday and they will be assured the first place spot).

Edited by leectn

Nothing is locked in as of yet and I will show you what I mean:

MoWest current 5-0 -- Cherokee, Cocke Co left can lose one and still be 1st

East current 4-1 -- Greeneville, Daniel Boone left can lose to Greeneville and still be 2nd (if DB beats Crockett and loses to East) if lose both move to 5th

Boone current 3-2 -- Crockett, East left win both will be 2nd

Cherokee current 3-2 -- MoWest, Volunteer left win both will be third if East loses both

Greeneville current 2-3 -- East, Crockett left

Volunteer current 2-3 -- Cocke Co, Cherokee left

Crockett current 1-4 -- Daniel Boone, Greeneville left

Cocke Co current 0-5 -- Volunteer, MoWest left

If Greeneville wins both and East loses both they will be 4th. The scenarios become to complex for me past that. Volunteer stands a chance at the playoffs if they win out and the complexion of the standings will change drastically in that event. At this point, only MoWest is assured of a playoff spot (win Friday and they will be assured the first place spot).

Good post, lee. I guess that's why the games have to be played. :wacko: