MCKENZIE REBELS 7A CHAMPS

Butchie

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear its "Butchie Bobblehead Nite" on Monday at McKenzie High Basketball practice to the first 50 onlookers. Hey Butchie did I get that spelling right on McKenzie.

:(:( You got the spelling right finally and a Butchie Bobblehead would be one tall, ugly affair ('er doll)!!!! We love ya' Butchie but, glad I'm not eatin' with you this weekend!!!!!!!!!!! :):rolleyes:

I suspect, he's still eatin' crow. He called me today wanting another gallon of BBQ sauce!! Something about crow tasting pretty nasty without a LOT of sauce on it!!!!

Hey, us Rebels had a fun season and we're really proud of our kids from McKenzie and the effort they put out. Good luck to all that are left standing.

BTW, there's an outside chance that the Rebels may not be Puppy Chow next season too!!!!

:(:( You got the spelling right finally and a Butchie Bobblehead would be one tall, ugly affair ('er doll)!!!! We love ya' Butchie but, glad I'm not eatin' with you this weekend!!!!!!!!!!! :):rolleyes:

I suspect, he's still eatin' crow. He called me today wanting another gallon of BBQ sauce!! Something about crow tasting pretty nasty without a LOT of sauce on it!!!!

Hey, us Rebels had a fun season and we're really proud of our kids from McKenzie and the effort they put out. Good luck to all that are left standing.

BTW, there's an outside chance that the Rebels may not be Puppy Chow next season too!!!!

I think the Seniors set the tone for these guys to work hard and it pays off....I really hurt for these Seniors but they need to know how fun they made it for

the fans...thank you Rebels for a fun year and we are so proud of each and every one of you...

no,duckman, I was not in a lawn chair...I was in the stands hoping for a comeback...I really thought we had a chance at half time.only one score down...

oh well, several of my teams lost this week...thank goodness for Bethel...

and I think from the Juniors down to the freshmen, they are wanting a chance to have another awesome year next year...hope Butchie will hang around for the fun!

luv ya Rebels!!!!!

I think the Seniors set the tone for these guys to work hard and it pays off....I really hurt for these Seniors but they need to know how fun they made it for

the fans...thank you Rebels for a fun year and we are so proud of each and every one of you...

no,duckman, I was not in a lawn chair...I was in the stands hoping for a comeback...I really thought we had a chance at half time.only one score down...

oh well, several of my teams lost this week...thank goodness for Bethel...

and I think from the Juniors down to the freshmen, they are wanting a chance to have another awesome year next year...hope Butchie will hang around for the fun!

luv ya Rebels!!!!!

Agreed that this bunch of seniors will be VERY much missed as are all the senior classes. This bunch did seem to present a lot of new options to us though.

This is the first time I can think of that I thought the Rebels might have a shot at a state championship appearance but, we just peaked too early in the season to keep it going to the 'Boro. The Rebels were good enough just too far ahead of the game for our own good. It was a lot of fun. Thanks Rebels!!!!!

GREAT SEASON REBELS.....

But,

I believe somewhere in this thread a long time ago I tried to tell you that a private school would get you... You just woudnt listen. JCS was just a better team. They were the one team that had enough speed to run with your receivers. I have watched many Tiger teams have great years only to be ended by a private school in Jackson. Our nemisis was USJ. Now, JCS owns you guys. You had a great group of boys and made a great run. JCS better enjoy it now cause Region 7 AA will be a whole different game. Ask USJ...... Already looking forward to next year.

:thumb:

And im pretty sure somewhere in this thread along time ago i told you not to be looking past all these other teams because it was way to early to be thinking about a state championship. You all thought you were better because drew hayes was gone and that you were going all the way, but this team wasnt any better than last years team on the offensive side of the ball..........

I kind of started to not even respond to the last two posts but, what the hey, it's been a long season and now everyone is the football guru of TN that guessed right somewhere back down the road.

Most all of us who predict or hope for an outcome or ending for our chosen favorite teams do so at face value. At the same time we do this knowing we are placing our hopes on 14-18 year old kids too. Anything can happen with them at any time.

I'm not one to care to go into the debate over the public/private issue. That does seem to be a top priority topic here in class A and I guess I can understand it but, as a small school that had to play in class AA for a lot of years we just had to learn to adapt and quit complaining.

As for the Rebels not being a better team offensively than we were last season, sorry but you're wrong. We ended this season with a record of 10-2 (with 10 straight wins) and it was equally brought about by a much better defense and much more balanced offense. And most of us wish folks would leave Drew Hayes out of the discussions on this years Rebels. Drew was a great asset to the Rebels in his time here. We are proud of what he accompoished here but, he's playing on Saturdays now so move on.

McKenzie's problems came about because of peaking way too early in the season for the most part. We were out of gas by the playoffs. Also, there were some injuries to key players at playoff time that were very hurtful. Had anyone following us paid real attention, we were all aware of that the last two weeks or even further back.

As for looking ahead, yeah the Rebel faithful was guilty of "looking ahead" somewhat but, it was more hoping ahead than anything. If memory serves me it was the Bruceton fans who were warning the Rebels about what they were gonna do to us AFTER they beat JCS just a short time ago!!!!!!!! As near as I can remember, we didn't play Central last Friday????? Touche'

I'm not trying to start an arguement at all. After all, us in region 7A should stick together. I'm just saying that an old saying comes to mind that goes something like, "clean up your own house before you try to clean mine!" We have Lake Co. left standing and we should all be behind them rather than taking shots at each other. Take your best shots next season 'cause this one is history for all the rest of us!!!

I kind of started to not even respond to the last two posts but, what the hey, it's been a long season and now everyone is the football guru of TN that guessed right somewhere back down the road.

Most all of us who predict or hope for an outcome or ending for our chosen favorite teams do so at face value. At the same time we do this knowing we are placing our hopes on 14-18 year old kids too. Anything can happen with them at any time.

I'm not one to care to go into the debate over the public/private issue. That does seem to be a top priority topic here in class A and I guess I can understand it but, as a small school that had to play in class AA for a lot of years we just had to learn to adapt and quit complaining.

As for the Rebels not being a better team offensively than we were last season, sorry but you're wrong. We ended this season with a record of 10-2 (with 10 straight wins) and it was equally brought about by a much better defense and much more balanced offense. And most of us wish folks would leave Drew Hayes out of the discussions on this years Rebels. Drew was a great asset to the Rebels in his time here. We are proud of what he accompoished here but, he's playing on Saturdays now so move on.

McKenzie's problems came about because of peaking way too early in the season for the most part. We were out of gas by the playoffs. Also, there were some injuries to key players at playoff time that were very hurtful. Had anyone following us paid real attention, we were all aware of that the last two weeks or even further back.

As for looking ahead, yeah the Rebel faithful was guilty of "looking ahead" somewhat but, it was more hoping ahead than anything. If memory serves me it was the Bruceton fans who were warning the Rebels about what they were gonna do to us AFTER they beat JCS just a short time ago!!!!!!!! As near as I can remember, we didn't play Central last Friday????? Touche'

I'm not trying to start an arguement at all. After all, us in region 7A should stick together. I'm just saying that an old saying comes to mind that goes something like, "clean up your own house before you try to clean mine!" We have Lake Co. left standing and we should all be behind them rather than taking shots at each other. Take your best shots next season 'cause this one is history for all the rest of us!!!

All i am saying is if this team would have had drew hayes they would have been just as good or better than they were. Carr was good this year but he didnt do anything that Drew couldnt do. The only thing that was different from this years team and last years is that it was a year older, and like you said yourself the defense was ten times better than it was in 2005. And as far as running out of gas, i dont think it was that at all. Yall hadnt played a "real" football game in a month and when it was time to turn it on again it was to late. ...

Edited by Titans02

I wasnt taking a shot - I was merely explaining I know how you feel as a fan. USJ did that to us for years. I tried to give you a heads up but you were to caught up in the great season you had. You guys had a great season. But, JCS gotcha two years in a row. Bruceton-USJ used to be the quarterfinal game every year and USJ owned us. We did get them in 99 but lost to Moore Co. in the semis. We had a great team in 2002 with Patrick Willis and USJ beat us in the quarters.

Plus, I hate to see Drew Hayes "dissed." If you would have had Hayes on this yers team you would have had the same record. Your strengths were the speed at the receiver spots. It forced teams to play alotof zone coverages and combo coverages which kept people from loading the line with 8 guys to stop the run. JCS had more talent in the secondary and were able to lock down the receivers. The, Carr had to run for his life. Plus, The Rebels dropped some passes at crucial times in that game.

I am for 7A and was pulling for the REBS. But, deep down I knew JCS was going to clip you. :angry:

No one is "dissing" Drew. Drew is gone and as you said we lost to them with Drew last year.. We had a great ride but we stunk it up when we needed to pull together.. Frankly all the mess with our O Line falling short PLEASE.. That simply is not true. fact - we totally left our "drawers" hanging out last Friday. We stunk!!!

all as a whole from the coaching to the quarterback.. We need to remember what a great year we had and TRY VERY HARD to take it like a man and LEARN from the mistakes we have made 2 years in a row.. Would have loved going to state. Region Champs is great but going all the way would have been icing on the cake.. ..Good luck to all.. We lost alot on that field last Friday.. Let ya in on a little inside funny - The boys are begging the coach to let them round up some guys in the area to keep "playing" their own game.. Some of the boys have heart some got the "BIG HEAD".. It will kill a team every time.. The rest of you guys play smart, be safe .. Hopefully some team from this side of the river will take the gold ball... have a great time don't look back.. FIX IT AND KEEP ON TRUCKING ...

Edited by eyeball

No one is "dissing" Drew. Drew is gone and as you said we lost to them with Drew last year.. We had a great ride but we stunk it up when we needed to pull together.. Frankly all the mess with our O Line falling short PLEASE.. That simply is not true. fact - we totally left our "drawers" hanging out last Friday. We stunk!!!

all as a whole from the coaching to the quarterback.. We need to remember what a great year we had and TRY VERY HARD to take it like a man and LEARN from the mistakes we have made 2 years in a row.. Would have loved going to state. Region Champs is great but going all the way would have been icing on the cake.. ..Good luck to all.. We lost alot on that field last Friday.. Let ya in on a little inside funny - The boys are begging the coach to let them round up some guys in the area to keep "playing" their own game.. Some of the boys have heart some got the "BIG HEAD".. It will kill a team every time.. The rest of you guys play smart, be safe .. Hopefully some team from this side of the river will take the gold ball... have a great time don't look back.. FIX IT AND KEEP ON TRUCKING ...

All good points eyeball and I'm sure you have some insight that a lot of us don't have since you're closer to the goings on than most of the rest of us. We surely played worse last Friday than any game so far this season that I recall. Except maybe Trenton!? We were pretty bad. Those that only saw one or two of our games this season wouldn't have a clue what we're really talking about. You just had to be with this team all season to understand. The three weak teams we played before JCS surely had something to do with it! The fact that the Rebels peaked and played some of their best ball in weeks 5-8 had a lot to do with it too. In short, it's tough for kids high school age to keep that kind of intensity and focus for 15 weeks straight!!!!

I know this much as a former player. I played on a very good Rebel team that finished the season ranked 14th in the state (that was before classes were set up and we were ranked there alongside the big schools across the state.) We didn't have playoffs back then, we had bowl games and we played a bowl game in Middle Tennessee against another top 20 team in the state. I guess to a fan, it was a good game but, it was one of the most frustrating games I ever played in. We just "ran out of gas" or "hit the wall"! We lost by one TD and walked off that field knowing we just let a team not nearly as good as we were beat us!!!!

Even though we didn't feel any different that night as far as any of us could tell, we had lost our focus and intensity and it killed us that night. We "ran out of gas" or "hit the wall" if you prefer to call it that. Not to mean we were tired or worn out with these references.

Like you said eyeball, fix it and go on. Hopefully, the Rebels learned from the experiences of this season and now it's time to reload and get back on track for the '07 season. We didn't get "owned" by a private school (understanding that we have lost to the same ones in round 2 two years in a row), we lost because we didn't play that private school the way we were capable of playing them this season. Of course that's just my opinion. I don't know if anyone on the team had the "Big Head" last Friday on the team or not but, it they did it sure was the wrong time to feel that way!!!!!!

Hey eyeball, if ya'll are planning on going to the game Saturday afternoon, you might want to go early. I hear there is a very large crowd expected for this first round playoff game.

I imagine we will be there.. (Hopefully not as cold as last week.) as to running out of gas, hitting the wall etc.. let's us know we need to train ALOT more.. Got my bike ready, Tyler's running shoes coming in soon ha ha.. The comment to the "big head" hopefully will fix itself with time.. These are kids, we all have been there. as bad as I hated to see those boys lose it can be a HUGE reality check. coaches as well.. No one thought we would have made it this far as well as Region Champs.. It's going to take alot of hard work and there will be alot of molding going on... We shall see.. I hope Lake Co wins Friday. We will be at Henry County Friday night watching more family.. I just wish one thing for all players

if the good continues to come be thankful, but when the game comes that knocks your team out may each and every player remember - character comes for the down moments in life. The Lord will not bless the boastful, He will humble the proud. Stay strong, play hard and keep your eye on the goal...

til next year !!!! on to baseball for us :thumb: