REGION 7-3A PREVIEW

Can you believe it???...Week 10???..NO WAY!!!...But it's true, the regular season winds down this Friday...For some,the season comes to an end..The seniors around the region on the teams that will conclude their season will also,for the majority,see their football careers end....To those young men,thanks for the four years of blood,sweat and tears....For the others,the ones fortunate enough to play on teams that will enter playoff action,Good Luck and bring a state championship home to Region 7-3A...This region now owns a 22-4 record in non-region games...Dyersburg will try to improve on that Friday night when they host the Bobcats of McNairy Co. Central...Go out and support your team!!!!....

(4-5 1-4)DYER CO.CHOCTAWS @ #9(7-2 3-2)COVINGTON CHARGERS.....

Dyer Co will conclude their season with a Senior Night game with a bruised and battered Covington bunch....The Chargers are not used to coming off 35-6 losses...Their pride has been hurt,a fact that Jay Murphree will look to restore this week in practice....The Choctaws' season started with alot of promise,winning their first three games and earning state-wide recognition with a top 10 ranking in the AP Poll...Seems like a long time ago since they rolled into Troy unbeaten..The Rebels started their downward spiral with a 44-36 win over the Choctaws...Since then only one game has been won,a victory over 1A opponent Halls...Look for Dyer County to come out fired up,they do have a chance at going out at .500,but look for Covington to slowly take control and win and end the Choctaws season at 4-6....COVINGTON WINS

(3-6 2-3)HAYWOOD CO.TOMCATS @ #2(9-0 5-0)CROCKETT CO.CAVALIERS.....

For the 3-6 Tomcats it's not how many you beat,it's who you beat...The team with 3 of the region's 4 non-region losses punched their playoff ticket with their win over Ripley coupled with Obion Co.'s loss at Dyersburg....Although the Tomcats do have the talent to be included in the playoff picture,for the most part they have underachieved...Alabama recruit Alex Watkins will be tested for sure this week with a loaded Cavalier group lurking on the other side of the ball....Crockett Co....What can be said about this team??..Undefeated in THIS region...Not really tested other than the 28-14 win over Dyerburg earlier in the season.....If P.A. Pratt doesn't rest some of his players this week in preparation for what is considered by many a state championship game run the next few weeks,I see the Cavs doing to the Tomcat D what they have done to just about everyone elses..Run over,away and through them....Could be different if Pratt rests some of his key guys...I see this as the beginning of the end for Haywood's season..This week the Cavs,next week a road game with the Sheffield Knights...For the Tomcats this will be the third meeting with the Knights in the last 22 games..Sheffield is 2-0 in the previous two meetings and the Tomcats have scored 5 points in those games...Here's thinking that Pratt will go for the magical undefeated season...CAVS WIN.....

(5-4 1-4)OBION CO.CENTRAL REBELS @ (5-4 1-4)RIPLEY TIGERS..........

Teams with identical records and identical goals....Go out winners and with a winning record....Teams coming off disappointing results from a week ago....Who will pick themselves off the mat and play with intensity??..Ripley has always given OC fits....This Tiger senior group hasn't lost to the Rebels...Ripley is in the unenviable position of finishing two straight seasons at 6-4 but on the outside looking in where the playoffs are concerned..The Rebels on the other hand received a playoff 1-2 knock-out punch last Friday with the loss to Dyersburg...Not only the 38-13 loss,but the coup de grace was delivered on the bus ride home...The underachieving Haywood Tomcats had beaten Ripley to snuff out any Rebel playoff possibilities....The Rebs will take that and the fact they could become only the 10th winning team in school history as motivation....I haven't picked against the Rebels yet...Why start now.....REBELS WIN....Steven's dad.. :thumb:

(2-7)McNAIRY CO.BOBCATS @ #8(8-1 5-1)DYERSBURG TROJANS.............

McNairy comes in 2-7....They are not very good....Really enough said about them...Dyersburg on the other hand is the second best team I have seen in person this year....They do have some injuries,mainly on their offensive line...It was hard to tell that against OC last Friday,they looked pretty dang good to me...Tyler Caldwell,Rashad Taylor and Co will have an easy time this week...It's a good game to have before the playoff portion of the schedule begins....Might want to start preparing for Mitchell's Tigers this week...The Tigers will be a stiff Round One test for the Trojans....TROJANS WIN.....

Again congratulations are in order for our play-off teams....Crockett Co,Dyersburg,Covington and Haywood Co...Good Luck in the upcoming weeks...

Predictions:

Dyersburg over McNairy - Big

Covington over Dyer Co. - Also big, because of the Covington run defense and Dyer Co. can't throw.

Crockett Co. over Haywood - Not so big, because PA will not put a player in danger of injury before the playoffs, so CC will get the lead and run clock.

Ripley over Obion - Very close and good game. Ripley is at home and has the speed to beat Obion.

(5-4 1-4)OBION CO.CENTRAL REBELS @ (5-4 1-4)RIPLEY TIGERS..........

Teams with identical records and identical goals....Go out winners and with a winning record....Teams coming off disappointing results from a week ago....Who will pick themselves off the mat and play with intensity??..Ripley has always given OC fits....This Tiger senior group hasn't lost to the Rebels...Ripley is in the unenviable position of finishing two straight seasons at 6-4 but on the outside looking in where the playoffs are concerned..The Rebels on the other hand received a playoff 1-2 knock-out punch last Friday with the loss to Dyersburg...Not only the 38-13 loss,but the coup de grace was delivered on the bus ride home...The underachieving Haywood Tomcats had beaten Ripley to snuff out any Rebel playoff possibilities....The Rebs will take that and the fact they could become only the 10th winning team in school history as motivation....I haven't picked against the Rebels yet...Why start now.....REBELS WIN....Steven's dad.. :blink:

Hey Steven"s dad, I" been waiting on you to post again. I agree with all your predictions but one. Ripley will be hard to move the ball on. The only team that whiped us bad this year were the Cavs, Johnson and Johnson were too much for us and everybody in 7-3-A. They are without a doubt 7-3-A champs and we will support them as far as they go.We welcome the Rebels to Ripley the city of hospitality. P.S. It looks like Ripley Tiger 54 Will be back in the line up.Tell Steven to look for him. WILL"S DAD

Edited by RipleyTiger54

Hey Steven"s dad, I" been waiting on you to post again. I agree with all your predictions but one. Ripley will be hard to move the ball on. The only team that whiped us bad this year were the Cavs, Johnson and Johnson were too much for us and everybody in 7-3-A. They are without a doubt 7-3-A champs and we will support them as far as they go.We welcome the Rebels to Ripley the city of hospitality. P.S. It looks like Ripley Tiger 54 Will be back in the line up.Tell Steven to look for him. WILL"S DAD

Steven's disposition has been on the ornery side to say the least,especially since Wednesday...I imagine he will be looking for anything in purple...Tell Will to holla at him,he's not hard to find,he'll be the little guy snapping the ball.... :lol:

Oh, you're preaching to the choir telling me how good the Cavs are....

Should be a pretty good game...Hope the field is in good shape after all this rain...Maybe the added incentive of the slim possibility of playoff berth will light a fire under the Rebels' behind......

All I can say is...GO CHOCTAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!