DII 06-07 Season

mjfan44

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What teams look good this coming season? Who will the top players be?

Brentwood Academy- the team to beat until someone beats them. Has best player in Victoria Dunlap and a great shooter in Ellie Collins.

JPII- coming off 2 state tourneys in a row. Graduated 2 all region performers. Post Chelsea Leavell returns from ACL and is a 15pt 10reb player. Best all around point guard in Jen Sneed. Have depth at guard and post.

Harpeth Hall- Returns Lacy Mcgee who is an undersized post but gets it done. They always have good shooters and depth should be good.

Father Ryan- Losing Teegarden hurts but her volleyball situation hurt them at tourney time. Lost other experienced players but have some solid underclassmen.

Davidson Academy- Graduated best all around guard in Summer Harp and solid post Katie Woodruff and don't have replacements. Have some athletic young kids but they're not ready for this tough division.

Ensworth- Young team that plays very hard and is capable of beating anyone. Has good guard play and very good coaching.

BGA, St. Cecilia, USN - Throw them in a barrell

<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>- the team to beat until someone beats them. Has best player in Victoria Dunlap and a great shooter in Ellie Collins.

JPII- coming off 2 state tourneys in a row. Graduated 2 all region performers. Post Chelsea Leavell returns from ACL and is a 15pt 10reb player. Best all around point guard in Jen Sneed. Have depth at guard and post.

<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=215&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Harpeth Hall</a>- Returns Lacy Mcgee who is an undersized post but gets it done. They always have good shooters and depth should be good.

Father Ryan- Losing Teegarden hurts but her volleyball situation hurt them at tourney time. Lost other experienced players but have some solid underclassmen.

Davidson Academy- Graduated best all around guard in Summer Harp and solid post Katie Woodruff and don't have replacements. Have some athletic young kids but they're not ready for this tough division.

Ensworth- Young team that plays very hard and is capable of beating anyone. Has good guard play and very good coaching.

BGA, St. Cecilia, USN - Throw them in a barrell

I agree ashjan44 about BA, JPII, and Ensworth. These were the 3 team that went to the state last year.

From what I have heard, Lacy McGee will not be playing this year for Harpeth Hall.

I do not know how true that is, but it is going around.

I do not agree with you about BGA and SCA. BGA played well last year and upset Ryan in the regionals. They are well coached and can not be over looked.

SCA is still looking for that one big win (although they did beat Ensworth last year) but have played many of the upper tier teams close.

Don't know enough about Davidson Academy, but USN has a new coach this year.

I agree ashjan44 about BA, JPII, and Ensworth. These were the 3 team that went to the state last year.

From what I have heard, Lacy McGee will not be playing this year for Harpeth Hall.

I do not agree with you about BGA and SCA. BGA played well last year and upset Ryan in the regionals. They are well coached and can not be over looked.

SCA is still looking for that one big win (although they did beat Ensworth last year) but have played many of the upper tier teams close.

You are correct that BGA and SCA are well coached. However, the Ryan win by BGA was more what Ryan was going through than what BGA did. Ryan wins that game 19/20 times. SCA has lost aplayer to acl during soccer and will not have much experience. These 2 schools are a step ahead of USN and Davidson. As for Mcgee, if she doesn't play other teams won't mind.

Does anybody know anything about the situation at USN? Who is the new coach? What happened to the former coach? And do they have any players?

Does anybody know anything about the situation at USN? Who is the new coach? What happened to the former coach? And do they have any players?

Looking at your previous post concerning the Tn Stars AAU Club, Dawn Rogers coached the Stars and she coaches USN. You probably already know that.

Edited by Set A Virp

You are correct that BGA and SCA are well coached. However, the Ryan win by BGA was more what Ryan was going through than what BGA did. Ryan wins that game 19/20 times. SCA has lost aplayer to acl during soccer and will not have much experience. These 2 schools are a step ahead of USN and Davidson. As for Mcgee, if she doesn't play other teams won't mind.

What do you mean by "As for Mcgee, if she doesn't play other teams won't mind."

The top four teams that I can think of for this region, from what i've heard are

Brentwood Academy - Returning Victoria Dunlap, also have good shooter. Team to beat

JP2 - Returning some very good players, good coaching and very deep, have returning post

Father Ryan - Has very deep team and good skill, although they lost last year adn lost Teegarden, still very strong team

Harpeth Hall - Although they lost last year in region and has lost McGee, are a young team and have good bench players from last year coming up. saw them play at a hooptown game and played very well.

I think that Ensworth is a good strong team but they are not very deep and don't have much height.

What I mean is that she is a tough matchup for most teams. She's not tall for a post. If you play her with a smaller wing she'll post up and score and if you put a larger post on her she scores using her quickness. She's a nice player and a nice kid from everything I hear. Why is she not playing, if that's true?