Columbia Central @ INDY

lostfan

I've mentioned on here several times that Bullock from Whitthorne Middle is the man for the job. Knows the game inside and out, very strict on discipline, and highly respected by parents, players, and the community. The entire coaching staff at Columbia Central needs to go. Hire Bullock and let him hire his own staff. It's a guaranteed road to the playoffs.

I really don't think Columbia Central as a school is dedicated to having a good football team. The facilities are very poor and once again they don't even have their own stadium. Until the administration and the community get fired up into having a "real" football program I don't think any changes will be made to the coaching or the facilities. The head coach is a home town boy so he will be there forever.

The really sad part is that there is talent on the team and there are some really good guys, but the total lack of discipline and the actions of some of players on the team have caused them to be known as a team of "thugs". Most teams refer to them by that name and it is a total shame. It all starts with the head coach and I think he will stay right where he is for years to come.

Who's stadium is it?...Don't they come through a tunnel, that's pretty cool....where does it come from, the locker room?

Edited by couga14

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Lindsey Nelson Stadium at the Maury Co. Park I believe.

I love playing in that stadium. I remember freshman year when Columbia came out through the tunnel...that was almost scary because you knew that they were freaking good.

It's also a great stadium to watch a game from. Very unique, especially with the visitors' bleachers being built into the side of a hill.

Yes, the stadium is great but it belongs to the county park system and they have to pay to play there. They pay to use it on Thursdays for walk-throughs and then pay to use it on Friday nights. I don't think it is cheap either. At one time I heard how much it was but I cannot remember even a ballpark figure now. I just remember thinking that it was a lot of money.

It is a great stadium, but the problem is that whoever plays there they have to pay to use it. It's also used by one of the private schools there. Think it is Zion Christian since they don't have a stadium.