Knoxville Halls

fairplay2121

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anybody know how good the super midgets actually are since they were playing in the lower division? who won the upper division? also when does high school start up the weight program?

Littlemn,

I don't think there is any way to know for sure how good this team is. From results of preseason games against upper division teams, I think it is safe to say that they would have been playoff contenders in the upper division. I have seen a few games from both divisions, and Halls can compete. No team passes better than Halls and the Halls RB may be one of the top 2 or 3 RBs from either division. (IMO he is the best)

Littlemn,

I don't think there is any way to know for sure how good this team is. From results of preseason games against upper division teams, I think it is safe to say that they would have been playoff contenders in the upper division. I have seen a few games from both divisions, and Halls can compete. No team passes better than Halls and the Halls RB may be one of the top 2 or 3 RBs from either division. (IMO he is the best)

you mean to tell me that we might be having our third straight really good frosh class coming through? Man, Coach J must have been secretly influencing people on the Halls-Dale Powell Utility Board for years now. Wonder how they manage to limit certain waters to Halls and not Powell in these upcoming generations?

Littlemn,

That is correct fairplay2121, You will never know because you guys were in division 2. The top 4 teams in the XFL(which is the upper division) are Fulton,Powell,Farragut, and Central. I am not disrespecting anyone and a big congrats to your team for the win.

I heard it has been a long time coming for those boys.

The truth is You beat a West Team that should have been in your division and Lost to a Central team in which I heard hadn't even practiced on offence and then played Farragut Blue which blowed you out of the water.

Truth again I heard you had several interceptions in the Carter game and last of all You must not watch any of XFL teams running backs because Fulton,Farragut,Central and Powell all have equaly talented boys and if we are talking about the truth Bearden(#1 team) does too....

I am sorry to offend you but the truth sometimes becomes muddy when Hi chest bumps are involved and when you are not comparing apples to apples.

Just to let people know Fulton has the team Farragut is Loaded also overall and people better watch out for Powell,Central and Bearden.....

I will say this the RB for Halls does really well and He alone helped that team overcome some big obstacles. He does see the field real well and can cut the holes. I think he will become part of J's wing T eventually but the upcoming sophmores have some speed too and there will be some competition for RB's

Good Luck and this is Just My IMO

By the way playoffs for the Upper division will be played tonight and Thursday will be the Championship.

GiveItUp!

That is correct fairplay2121, You will never know because you guys were in division 2. The top 4 teams in the XFL(which is the upper division) are Fulton,Powell,Farragut, and Central. I am not disrespecting anyone and a big congrats to your team for the win.

I heard it has been a long time coming for those boys.

The truth is You beat a West Team that should have been in your division and Lost to a Central team in which I heard hadn't even practiced on offence and then played Farragut Blue which blowed you out of the water.

Truth again I heard you had several interceptions in the Carter game and last of all You must not watch any of XFL teams running backs because Fulton,Farragut,Central and Powell all have equaly talented boys and if we are talking about the truth Bearden(#1 team) does too....

I am sorry to offend you but the truth sometimes becomes muddy when Hi chest bumps are involved and when you are not comparing apples to apples.

Just to let people know Fulton has the team Farragut is Loaded also overall and people better watch out for Powell,Central and Bearden.....

I will say this the RB for Halls does really well and He alone helped that team overcome some big obstacles. He does see the field real well and can cut the holes. I think he will become part of J's wing T eventually but the upcoming sophmores have some speed too and there will be some competition for RB's

Good Luck and this is Just My IMO

By the way playoffs for the Upper division will be played tonight and Thursday will be the Championship.

GiveItUp!

I am not offended by anything you said. I didn't say anything negative about any of the upper division teams. I said Halls would have contended for a playoff spot and I believe that is true. I thought there were several great teams in the S. Midgets this year.

I agree that there are some great RB's in the upper division but I still say that it is accurate to put the Halls kid in the top 2 or 3.

I think West had to play in the XFL due to winning the AFC last year. You are right they didn't have the talent to compete there.

NothingToGiveUp!

Edited by fairplay2121

• 2 weeks later...

If you were to have combined the 2 leagues this would have been close to the outcome.

1 Emerald Youth(Fulton)

2 CBFO Blue #1

3 Powell

4 Central

5 Austin East

6 Bearden

7 Halls

8 CBFO White #2

9 Gibbs

10 Karns

11 Catholic

12 So Knox

13 Carter

14 West

15 Bearden #2

As far as future who knows but Maryville,Fulton,Alcoa, and Catholic will draw the athletes.

IMO :P

Edited by GiveItUp

If you were to have combined the 2 leagues this would have been close to the outcome.

1 Emerald Youth(Fulton)

2 CBFO Blue #1

3 Powell

4 Central

5 Austin East

6 Bearden

7 Halls

8 CBFO White #2

9 Gibbs

10 Karns

11 Catholic

12 So Knox

13 Carter

14 West

15 Bearden #2

As far as future who knows but Maryville,Fulton,Alcoa, and Catholic will draw the athletes.

IMO :thumb:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't see it the way you do in regards to several teams. Injuries hurt many of the teams. If you look at it when all teams are healthy vs. at the end of the season you might get different results. Bearden was devastated by injuries to their best two running backs. One made it back at the end but the damage was done. Powell beat Fulton early in the year but lost a key FB/DL later and didn't have quite the same team losing their last couple of games. Central was pretty good, but lost their best running back to an elbow injury and wasn't the same after. In the lower division, Catholic was the team that was hurt bad by injuries. They would have beaten several more teams otherwise. You measured Halls by preseason games only. In my opinion, I think they improved as the year went on. They would have been legitamate playoff contenders and like those you have in your top 7, would have had a good chance to win against any they played.

I kept an eye on this league. I think we can at least agree that their is more talent at this age than average. It is very competitive. I look forward to seeing all of these guys contribute to their high schools very soon, if they can make the grades to participate. I know of a few from several teams that struggle with grades. Many people would be surprised at how many in this league could have been freshmen this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for a big year for the Red Devils next year. All the youth will have grown up a year with experience. Defense will be very solid and should match up with most programs. The offense will have some big time playmakers returning and last years talented freshman group will bring even more excitment to this team.

The schedule should be a little tougher with Bearden being added and Karns being dropped.

Replacing Logan O'conner will be tough because he did all the kicking duties.

The coaching staff will be the most important component to mesh a playoff viable team together. I look for Halls to open up their offense even more this year. I was surprised with Cooper never throwing the ball untill this year putting up over 900 yards in a run oriented offense.

The key will be to get out of the gate fast next year. Confidence in each teammates ability should give Halls a big edge in the team concept.

Hey littleman,

Brandon Dutton who led the team in tackles will be greatly missed along with Dylan Moreland on the offensive line. Dutton had 89 tackles to lead the team then Moreland had 52 total tackles for second place.

Got to think Reese Kelley will have a good shot at filling in for Dutton he is a tough kid. Jake Carr may come inside to fill the need or even Ethan Gunner. I just don't think Gunner can play Outside linebacker against quick teams. He got torched a couple of times against Central and Kevin Waggoner quickly replaced him. But Ethan tackles well and his low center of gravity makes him a good prospect for the middle linebacker spot. Daniel Hodge had a great sophomore year and will only get stronger and better. So the linebacking corp looks very strong.

The more pressing need will be filling Moreland's shoes. Caleb Leonard will be a huge playmaker on the D line but he needs some help. I expect Kevin Julian will place a lot of emphasis in the off season on the D-line.

Secondary looks solid. Better than average speed. Brandon Johnson looks like a great player at safety and had 42 tackles. If Tyler Turner misses out on the QB duties to Cooper he has a place at one corner and Dayton led the team in solo tackles with 24 and finished with 38 total. Waggoner could play corner, Outside Linebacker or used as a additional safety. It will be even better if some of the upcoming freshmen impress and compete with the upper classes for a place.

We should be pretty good this year if we don't get the injury bug. Offense should score a lot of points with Cooper or Turner.