Knoxville Halls

fairplay2121

Sorry been fighting a cold but the only players I know that has given it up is Noe and Cooper. No noteworthy transfers of note. The coaching rumor I'll will have to look into. But Halls should have a good year and have a good blend of weapons if used correctly. I can't see Halls being any worse than fourth and if we play well third isn't out of the question.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the coaching rumor has to do with the freshmen coachs

head freshmen coach tobi kilgore recieved some type of job or something at carson newmen

the red devils will have to replace him for the upcoming frosh

oh really? didn't know he left. who's going to replace his head coaching duties? Will one of the others step up to head frosh coach and julian bring someone in to coach the kids kilgore coached? Who's the O-Coordinator? Wait, I dont remember who the other frosh coaches are. Can someone fill me in on those guys. They probably teach the kids most of the basic fundamentals to football, for the first time, to get them ready for varsity. Seems like Halls has had a lot of former players on staff here recently.

I was just thinking. If the kids that have left Halls over the years were still at Halls, What kind of offense would they be running? If the offense is oppened up would more athletes play? It is obvious that Halls has one of the better youth leagues around, but what happens after that. I'm sure that Julian will figure it out soon. He is a good man and a good coach. I have always heard the old saying "If it ain't broke don't fix it" said, but is the offense at Halls really working. They have ran a form of it over the past 15 years. Are they playing in any passing leagues? Have they worked much on the passing game this summer? Just wondering what they are doing to let the athletes know they plan on using the QB and WR for more than just handing the ball off and blocking.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

oh really? didn't know he left. who's going to replace his head coaching duties? Will one of the others step up to head frosh coach and julian bring someone in to coach the kids kilgore coached? Who's the O-Coordinator? Wait, I dont remember who the other frosh coaches are. Can someone fill me in on those guys. They probably teach the kids most of the basic fundamentals to football, for the first time, to get them ready for varsity. Seems like Halls has had a lot of former players on staff here recently.

I have been wanting to get it all straight before I said anything. I am still not sure about the entire staff, but this is what I have been told.

Kilgore did leave to work with Torbush at Carson Newman. However, I heard later that it might not work out and Toby might be back. Casey Lane is now on the Freshmen staff. He coached these freshmen as Super Midgets last year. Other Freshmen coaches include K. Flynn and J. Dowling

Besides K.J., the varsity coaches include Don Ward as the Offensive Coordinator. Ted Williams is the RB coach, and I think Coach Hassell works with the OL. Houston Qualls works with the receivers.

On the defensive side you've got Qualls working with the DBs and Coach Kirby is in the mix on the defensive line and some LB with K.J. There is at least one other coach but those are all the names I know. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by fairplay2121

I was just thinking. If the kids that have left Halls over the years were still at Halls, What kind of offense would they be running? If the offense is oppened up would more athletes play? It is obvious that Halls has one of the better youth leagues around, but what happens after that. I'm sure that Julian will figure it out soon. He is a good man and a good coach. I have always heard the old saying "If it ain't broke don't fix it" said, but is the offense at Halls really working. They have ran a form of it over the past 15 years. Are they playing in any passing leagues? Have they worked much on the passing game this summer? Just wondering what they are doing to let the athletes know they plan on using the QB and WR for more than just handing the ball off and blocking.

Leonard

I don't think Halls has been in the Passing leagues in a while. I assume it is because we don't pass very much. I am not sure why Halls sticks with the Wing-T. I only know of 1 player that left because of the offsensive style in the last 4 years. There might be more. I guess Shepherd brought the wing-t to Halls. Kerr always ran the veer.

I think you are right. KJ will figure it out in time.

I just hope it happens soon. The Halls faithful love KJ, but not being in the top 4 is a huge deal in Red Devil Country.

hopefully in years to come under KJ Halls just wont be wanting to make it to the play-offs, but hoping to win a few games in the play-offs and maybe making it to the state championship. I know that's a long way off, but that is where our goal needs to be instead of just finishing 4th in the region year after year.