District 5AA

MCHSBballfan

Here is the way I see it (for what it's worth)

1. McMinn Central - by FAR the most talented team in the district.

2. Tellico - Best player in the District but lost a lot from last yr.

3. Brainerd, Tyner, Polk - shake em up and see who falls out.

4. see #3

5. see #3

6. Sweetwater - everybody back. should be much improved

7. Sequoyah - see #6

8. Meigs - Best "coach" in district - deeper bench but WAY too young this yr. Very competitive AFTER this season.

9. Boyd Buch - depends on their recruiting budget with the new headmaster.

If Meigs' freshmen are not overwhelmed early they could move up several notches in the standings. Have 9 freshmen on 14 player roster. One thing is for sure - coach will have them playing hard for 32 minutes regardless of the score.

Edited by JustBeingNosy

JBN I guess your from Meigs, so I was going to ask. How's the coach doing? I heard that he was having some health problems again. It's also good to hear someone bragging on him. I'm not sure that I agree with "the best coach in the district" part, but I think he's a good coach and will get the Meigs girls back to where they used to be...if everyone will leave him alone. I've heard rumblings from Decatur that some don't like him. It would be a shame to get rid of someone like him. He's good. And perhaps this year when CHS comes to town, you'all won't "throw light bulbs" at the girls. haha.

JBN I guess your from Meigs, so I was going to ask. How's the coach doing? I heard that he was having some health problems again. It's also good to hear someone bragging on him. I'm not sure that I agree with "the best coach in the district" part, but I think he's a good coach and will get the Meigs girls back to where they used to be...if everyone will leave him alone. I've heard rumblings from Decatur that some don't like him. It would be a shame to get rid of someone like him. He's good. And perhaps this year when CHS comes to town, you'all won't "throw light bulbs" at the girls. haha.

Coach is having some health issues but everything looks good and under control right now. Any rumblings you hear are from people who obviously have no idea how competitive sports are supposed to be. He is a heck of a coach and hopefully will be here as long as he chooses to be. As far as the light bulb incident, we would love to take credit for that, but I think it was sent from above. It could not have come at a better time....lol.....Talent level is rising at Meigs, and hopefully better days are ahead.