District 9A

BlueRocket

Hard to say at Community..some interesting (nice word huh) goings-on. The posts look set with Hull (jr) tall, fast and nice moves and Stallings (so) tall, fast, strong and a nice shot. The backcourt might be White (so) a lights out shooter with good moves and Natale (so) an elusive PG who makes his own offense. If one of them does not rotate to the 3 that is. If they stay in the backcourt the 3 is up in the air, with Haynes as the best bet from this fan's seat. If one of the guards rotates there really is no substitute at starting guard, but.. :thumb: .?

The bench is thin, but the coaches kid (8th grader) looks like a good 6th man as well as our other Jr. (no seniors), a tough competative player.

In terms of matchups: Hull, Stallings, White and Natale are a handful for anyone. How they jell as a team will tell the tale. B)

Hard to say at Community..some interesting (nice word huh) goings-on. The posts look set with Hull (jr) tall, fast and nice moves and Stallings (so) tall, fast, strong and a nice shot. The backcourt might be White (so) a lights out shooter with good moves and Natale (so) an elusive PG who makes his own offense. If one of them does not rotate to the 3 that is. If they stay in the backcourt the 3 is up in the air, with Haynes as the best bet from this fan's seat. If one of the guards rotates there really is no substitute at starting guard, but.. :thumb: .?

The bench is thin, but the coaches kid (8th grader) looks like a good 6th man as well as our other Jr. (no seniors), a tough competative player.

In terms of matchups: Hull, Stallings, White and Natale are a handful for anyone. How they jell as a team will tell the tale. :lol:

So tell us how are the scrimmages going?

Only had one!? Mt Pleasant, the boys did well. Coach played with team sets and gave the frosh and coach Jr. alot of time. Working Haynes at the 3 with the starters from last year for a few minutes they dominated. Working one of the guards at 3 with coach Jr. at guard was a good shooting set but the energy wasn't as good.

Why we are not playing more scrimages with this young a team is a mystery to me.

If the coach can settle on the starting five and his 6 & 7 man, and give them a chance to work it through, these boys are going to suprise folks. The matchup problems they present in the right sets was impressive.

Whoops!!! I heard from a friend that the coaches better half was way ticked at me calling Christian (the coaches kid) coach Jr. She seemed to think it was some kind of "attack" on the kid. Well, if you know her or him, please tell them it was not. I thought it was just a lighthearted shorthand comment that one would chuckle about. Sorry, no offense intended. I have said elsewhere that the kid is a good player. And I am told he is well liked and respected by his teammates.

I expect that coach and mrs. coach may be a little sensitive about it, and maybe expecting critisim for bringing a decent but not spectacular 8th grader up to the varsity team. Trust me, my comment was not that critisism! I understand that that the coach is a little desperate about his bench and his kid was the best middle schooler available.

PS: Their kid proved two things tonight...he is not ready to start at guard, White and Natale are exceptional talents that he is a few years away from contending with, but he is ready to contribute, which is high praise for an 8th grader. :lol:

Edited by refuge