cwood@jo byrns

reddevil36

for what its worth i dont see jo byrns beating collinwood and mt pleasant/wayne co on successive weeks..........i know wood mphs and wayne co are all improved teams since last year, especially offensively...all three region 6 teams are loaded with speed and talent.......

Edited by ssssssss

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is saying that cwood might not win being disrespectful. if you read my post i am giving cwood a rather good chance to beat jbhs if they have a repeat of friday nights performance but i also say that jbhs has a good chance of beating cwood if they come to play. i don't think that i have ever been disrespectful to cwood and i don't think that i ever will. i can see that cwood has a good program year in and year out and that is something to be respected. but to say that either cwood or jbhs will win in a blowout is being disrespectful to both teams. i see this game being decided by 2 tds or less and the total amount of points being scored at 35 or less. :unsure: am i still being disrespectful.

remember jbhs stay focused this week and have the best week of practice you have ever had or you WILL, yes thats right, WILL get beat by cwood. not just beat but embarrassed in a way that will make last year's UC game look like a close game. mark my words, if you are not completely focused coming into this cwood game cwood will make fools of you jbhs. STAY FOCUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice words CPR4u. Let's hope JBHS listens and backs up what you say!

Okay; here's what I know...

1. Collinwood (9-2) is better than any team that JBHS has faced this year (cascade a close second IMO)

2. JBHS (11-0) has dominated every team they've faced this year with the exception of the second half of the e'ville game.

3. Collinwood's two losses were to two of the top teams in the state (Mt. Pleasant & Friendship Christian)

4. JBHS has lost to C'wood twice in the playoffs in the past 4 or 5 years.

5. Based on JBHS's past performances against a C'wood type offense, they've had some trouble.

6. JBHS has more playoff/big game experience.

7. JBHS has HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE!

8. The weather is going to be very mild.

9. C'wood has a long drive (around 150 mi).

10. Only 16 teams left in 1A

11. Last home game for these very successful JBHS seniors.

Are you picking up what I'm layin down? This is going to be a brawl. As a JBHS fan I KNOW we've got what it takes but I also know that Collinwood's offensive style matches up really well against JBHS. C'wood all I've got to say is you better bring it (I know you will) cause the crowd is going to be rowdy, the players are going to be pumped and the pipes are going to be loud. JBHS I want at least 10 sets of pipes for this game. I'm going to spread the word around town to try and get as many people as I can to come to the game early and park near the field. I will make it my mission to make sure that these seniors leave their home field feeling like the champions that they are (regardless of the outcome).

This is for all JBHS fans...tell everybody you know to be at this game. Pay for their admission if you have to. Make it your mission to send these seniors (the most successful ever) out on a high note.

heres an interesting tidbit i found on the web about collinwood.......against mt pleasant and whitehouse heritage collinwood rushed for a combined total of 664 yards...an average of 332 yards rushing per game...thats decent

and that dosent include a 79 yard interception return for a td that was an incredible run..........if we did include that scoring run the total would be 743 yards rushing in two games for an average of 371.5 rushing yards per game........thats not bad if you consider the considerable strength of the opposing defenses in those games.......im posting this for those folks that think it would be impossible for collinwood to score more than one or two tds on jo byrns

Thats great that thay did that,,,,but look at the point's both these team's give up per game every one know's either mpt or whh has a very good defense ...now JBHS has only given up 4.7 point's per game is why i said this ,,,,JBHS scored 40 point's on WHH by half time and held them to 0 for the entire game,, that's why i said if thay score 14 i will be suprized ,,,and i will also say there will not be 332 yrd's rushing on this D at JBHS,,, and if this is disrepectful i am sorry just fact's

well if you want to compare scores here goes......you scored 30 on huntland and we scored 44...looks like we beat you by 14....well ok then!

well ok whh scored 21 on yall we beat them 40-0 so that's 33 different's hmm then -14 leave's19 point diffent's but you can not go by this,,,,,,,all those are good but i went to the tn,, and got all the rushing yrd's that has been put up on all of JBHS D including 2nd and 3 rd string you ready for this a whoppin 864 yrd's in 11 game's that's not even 80 yrd's per game so get real here,,,,,not saying yall want top that by some but no way it will be in the 3 hunderd's i can promise ya that :thumb:

the fact is nobody knows whats gonna happen....i am sorry just a REAL fact for you

this true but don't throw number's at me i will beat you with those my friend

this is probley true but you have to look at the D of collinwood also,,to give up alot of point's

dont worry jo byrns will get hit some friday night...........friendship christian could only get 4 first downs against collinwood and they are supposed to be pretty good......collinwood gave the game away with six turnovers in that week zero game but friendship couldnt move the ball except for one big run...their punter got a good workout that night though

Edited by ssssssss

dont worry jo byrns will get hit some friday night...........friendship christian could only get 4 first downs against collinwood and they are supposed to be pretty good......collinwood gave the game away with six turnovers in that week zero game but friendship couldnt move the ball except for one big run...their punter got a good workout that night though

look at FCS's stats on the season, they average 9 first downs a game.

You neglect to mention that Collinwoods running attack achieved all of 78 yards on 38 runs..... threw 1 for 7 for 8 yards. collinwood had 4 turnovers not 6.

Oh, and as for punters. Collinwoods punted 7 times to FCS's 5.

(all state from Tennessean.com)

And me and you have already argued about this once, why must you keep dragging FCS into arguments....