JCS @ McKenzie

booneandcrockett

I think what really burnt Huntingdon fans was the fact it was done on the PA. Whether you think it should be or not, the PA announcer is a reflection on your school and your program.

If you can find a way to contact me offline I'll tell you "the rest of the story" as Paul Harvey says. I do understand the implications of something like that, all I can tell you is what happened after it was done if you can get in touch with me somehow.

I can tell you this much, there were a lot of Rebel parents and fans pretty upset about it for the very reasons you point out.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it unbelievable that JCS went into Mckenzie, never trailed in the game, forced 5 turnovers, proved it was more balanced offensively than McKenzie and yet still people say that JCS is mediocre at best? Do you not think that JCS's defense had something to do with McKenzie not playing well. If JCS scores when they had the ball in the redzone every time they would have scored 42 on McKenzie...so ifs and buts are just that, JCS was and is the better team.

Now having said that, McKenzie had a great year and their fans were great. Great environment for high school football. One of the loudest high school games I've been to in West TN. Good luck to <cKenzie next year and good luck to the Eagles next Friday vs. LC.

Butchie, or any Rebel fan, how do you think JCS matches up vs. Lake County?

With both teams at 100% I think Lake Co. is a little bit better in the end. The Falcons suffered a couple of injuries against us that hurt them in that game but, I am told they are on all cylinders now. If it doesn't come down to depth, JCS will have it's hands full this week.

When announcing "scores of interest" at halftime last week I understand the PA announcer said something to the effect of, "Huntingdon...no wait they're not playing."

That is why there is so much tension between McKenzie and Huntingdon. But hey, they got to play in the basketball jamboree...just like we did.

Shelly, like I've said, don't hold us all responsible for what one person does. All I can say is I don't much think that that individual will get the chance to make a similar comment again on the PA. If everyone judged a town by the actions of one person, nobody would want to visit ANY town around here!!

Sometimes people make bad judgments as to what they think will be a joke and it turns out to be a "why did I ever say that?????" thing. It was wrong, we know it and it won't get a second chance to happen again like it did unless I miss my guess really bad!!!

Shelly, like I've said, don't hold us all responsible for what one person does. All I can say is I don't much think that that individual will get the chance to make a similar comment again on the PA. If everyone judged a town by the actions of one person, nobody would want to visit ANY town around here!!

Sometimes people make bad judgments as to what they think will be a joke and it turns out to be a "why did I ever say that?????" thing. It was wrong, we know it and it won't get a second chance to happen again like it did unless I miss my guess really bad!!!

I don't hold everyone at McKenzie responsible for what happened. I wasn't at the game so I don't know if it was meant as a joke or not...kind of like the John Kerry comment a couple of weeks ago. It kind of bombed. I'm notorious for putting my foot in my mouth...just not over the PA. :rolleyes:

I don't hold everyone at McKenzie responsible for what happened. I wasn't at the game so I don't know if it was meant as a joke or not...kind of like the John Kerry comment a couple of weeks ago. It kind of bombed. I'm notorious for putting my foot in my mouth...just not over the PA. :(

I hear you!!!

Most of us are likeable people even though we sometimes make mistsakes in judgement. Agreed that on the PA at a sporting event is not the place to do it either. I kind of feel like that won't happen again anytime in our future over here.

True, there has been a LOT of spirit down thru the years between Huntingdon and McKenzie and for the most part it has been innocent fun. But, there are limits and even we know that. This particular occurrance was "over the limit" and has been dealt with internally.

Personally, I can't think of one good reason that anyone in their right mind from McKenzie would want to make Huntingdon mad at us where football is concerned anyway. It's not like we don't have enough problems handeling the Mustangs usually anyway!!!!!!! :rolleyes::(:)

tha' duck