Looking to next season

daniel102081

No coach is going to make calls that everyone likes as far running the ball on third and long but when you have 2 1,000 yard backs and they have been breaking long runs all year it is understandable but true not always right.

Steere helped Breeden some i think but never Price.

As far as the QB / punter thing a lot of teams do that smyrna for example because you can run more fakes

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

posting bump just puts it back on the front page, it doesn't move any post, I think i know who you talked to and he isn't a very good source... Bill Price is the best football coach Coffee County has had since Ron Crawford.. Lebron is a great guy but he was new to being a head coach when he was at coffee county.... Price and crawfore are the only two good coach Coffee County has had in decades and it kills me how people bash him. If you compare the number of athletes on Coffee County's team to any team we play except Cumberland County even Warren County has more athletes... PRICE HAS DONE A GOOD JOB AND HE SHOULD BE GETTING THE SUPPORT OF THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY, PERIOD. I YOU ALL WANT TO GO BACK TO MAYBE WINNING ONE GAME A SEASON KEEP RUNNING HIM DOWN.

floyd what are you talking about?

I'm just messin' w/ ya 5a. trying to maybe keep this alive.

Anyway, Price is a good coach, he actually has a heart. He's dedicated to his players. He may not always call the right play or do things that those of us who are in the stands like, but he doesn't have the view we have. I don't honestly care if we win a state championship this year or next year or whenever (it would be really nice though.) I'm just happy that there is someone who is actually interested in football coaching football. I realize that Breaden obviously has some coaching potential, but Coffee County got tired of him or he got tired of Coffee County. Either way, everyone ran him into the ground too. So why not give Price a break, talk to the players and see how many of them hate him. From the ones I know they really think a lot of him. A coach is only as good as the team around him, but the team does not just consist of the players on the field. The community has to support him, winning or lossing. I really can't wait till it starts back up again. Maybe with the up & comers we'll see something special. The potential is there, but negativity breeds negativity. I think it's called karma or something.

2007 SCEHDULE

8/24 SHELBYVILLE AWAY

8/31 OAKLAND AWAY

9/7 COOKEVILLE HOME

9/14 TULLAHOMA HOME

9/21 WARREN CO. AWAY

9/28 WILSON CENTRAL HOME

10/5 FRANKLIN CO. AWAY

10/19 CUMBERLAND CO. HOME

10/26 GOOD PASTURE AWAY

11/2 LINCOLN CO. HOME

Floied pay more attention I ran it in the newspaper like a month ago

Edited by 5A football fan

I think all the answers to the question of how CC can improve have been posted. There is not a secret formula.

Football these days is an all year thing. Right now the CC football team has to get bigger, stronger, and faster. From what I hear they are working to do that. They have to have a coaching staff willing to work hard during the offseason time to push the kids to improve. I think CC has that as well. Lastly, they have to get the best talent available on the team. Recruit kids out of the hallways and surrounding areas.

I think the CC program is doing their part. Having said that, there is no reason they cannot win their region. You can complain about talent but Cookeville and Lincoln Co. do not have more! The coaches might need to be a little more inovative, but once the system is decided on the players need to be coached up really well! Run what you run with great execution.

Coffee County can have a winning record, win the region, and make the playoffs every year. If they do this consistently for a while, maybe the program will be ready to take the next step.