Morristown East

tcpioneer3

Canefan72,

I have been a Cane fan long before you were a Cane player

Now how do you know this? I have seen first hand how the attitude of the team has changed from Smith to Hatcher. He has transformed the program in 1 year and his leadership has been the difference. Turner may not break rushing records and he will have his troubles but he will do a fine job. JJ will play a wing and TD will be at the other to give the offense even more of a threat next year. I am not doubting your devotion to East. I have really followed this team and have attended 85% of the practices. I really think it is a different atmosphere than years past.

Edited by canefan72

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple of questions...first, is this the most games East has ever won in a season...secondly, how do the good ppl down there like your new HC...it sounds like its going pretty well...I know I have the utmost respect for him...if you know anything about him and you see my screen name you can probably figure out why..its good to see him doing well...good luck this week

We won 7+ games all 3 years I was on Varsity 93-95.. Winning is not unusual around here. East is a good program.

Canefan72,

I have been a Cane fan long before you were a Cane player

Now how do you know this? I have seen first hand how the attitude of the team has changed from Smith to Hatcher. He has transformed the program in 1 year and his leadership has been the difference. Turner may not break rushing records and he will have his troubles but he will do a fine job. JJ will play a wing and TD will be at the other to give the offense even more of a threat next year. I am not doubting your devotion to East. I have really followed this team and have attended 85% of the practices. I really think it is a different atmosphere than years past.

Well to answer your question I was born in the 40's which puts me somewhat older than you. I have been a Cane fan since they became the Canes. This means I was in the stands and supporting the Canes from the time of the 69 state champs with Walt Bragg, Marshall Mills, Ken Rucker, and Benny Denton, till the present. I was in the stands when you played as well 72, so I hope that answers your question.

As for your other statement about transforming a team it all depends on your definition of transformed. Before I jump on the bandwagon I would like to see how he handles adversity. As the old saying goes don't count your chickens before they hatch. Just my 2 cents worth.

did you get to see any freshman games this year?

The past two years freshman teams have been two of the best back to back talent wise in recent memory. Freshman teams record does not always = sucess at the varsity level, but you don't have to watch this years freshman team long to see that Hatcher has a ton of young talent coming his way.

As you know the East-West rivalry has flip-flopped back and forth in the past. West has had a long run of success, but the worm very well could turn in the next few years.

I am not your typical Cane fan in the fact that I wish West well when they are not playing the Canes. I wish they would win em all every year except two close losses to the Canes one regular season, and one in the playoffs. However we all know it is not a perfect world.

Sugarcane, I agree with you. Let see how we do the next couple of years.

The talent will be their, Can Coach Hatcher take East to the next level?

Level is, What Maryville & Morristown West has year in & out. We want the

same respect. Coach Hatcher has done a great job this year, but we still need

to win one of these games that everybody thinks we will lose.( Friday night

against South) When we start winning these games I will be the 1st to say

he has turn the program around.

Sugarcane, I agree with you. Let see how we do the next couple of years.

The talent will be their, Can Coach Hatcher take East to the next level?

Level is, What Maryville & Morristown West has year in & out. We want the

same respect. Coach Hatcher has done a great job this year, but we still need

to win one of these games that everybody thinks we will lose.( Friday night

against South) When we start winning these games I will be the 1st to say

he has turn the program around.

OK BIGR35, I'll be the first, and you can be the second!! I don't know if transformed is the word, but turned around is. :thumb:

GO CANES!!!

I 2nd that Sugarcane. Coach Hatcher has took Morristown East to the next level

in just one year. Win or lost next week, we have something to look forward 2 next

year. Morristown East Will have alot of Returning players back. We keep this

up for a couple of years, people will be saying " all roads to a state champonship

goes threw Morristown".( I talking about upper East tennessee, I know you

still have to beat Maryville)

Edited by BIGR35

He may not have, but you also got to give coach Seals a little credit as well. He had a pretty good game plan fron the defensive side as well. Some people :rolleyes: on this board said South would exploit our pass defense. I guess they were wrong :wacko:

Hey, I gave credit to the staff. Seals made changes that I really did not think he would make. My hats off,I'm eating crow. Great job of gameplanning.