Baylor School for Boys and Girls vs Soddy Daisy

bear cat brown

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why not bump DW to 171?

When wrestling Soddy there are no automatic 6's. What about those points Soddy would be expected to win? Who does Baylor put on Roberson, McCrosky, Fuller, Toney, Ulrick, Letner? And btw DW has not gotten 6 against soddy in the last 2 yrs. You are out of your mind if you think I'm going to give you points. If everyone in Soddy had the same Testosterone shortage as MrSODDY I would give points, but they dont. Hope your back gets better and tell MRSSODDY hello.

How about this info from walkenvol::: SD returns 1 state champ and 1 2nd place from the state last year. Baylor returns 4 state champs and 3 2nd placers. Now, who should be favored? No one will disagree here. Not even Raider76. Don't misunderstand, I hope we win by 50, but look at the facts. I'll say this though, only a Steve Henry can pull off a win here.

How about this info from walkenvol::: SD returns 1 state champ and 1 2nd place from the state last year. Baylor returns 4 state champs and 3 2nd placers. Now, who should be favored? No one will disagree here. Not even Raider76. Don't misunderstand, I hope we win by 50, but look at the facts. I'll say this though, only a Steve Henry can pull off a win here.

Outsider lookin in, but why are you bringing up state titles when neither one of you guys are in the same division. Baylor is in a divison with four other schools and they call it a state title. Now having said that I will take Baylor becasue they are better at what they do than soddy as a team.

Outsider lookin in, but why are you bringing up state titles when neither one of you guys are in the same division. Baylor is in a divison with four other schools and they call it a state title. Now having said that I will take Baylor becasue they are better at what they do than soddy as a team.

That's what they said after Baylor was looking so unbeatable last season and they literally kicked McCallie's butts , but then the state duals came the following week, and we know the rest of the story.

Yes, Steve can enter this one with a game plan similar to GC's (assignments taken and executed). Nothing's forsure, but with a little luck, considering which weight class begins and a fierce drive to win, my "smaller" gut today ....says it's Soddy by 6. And waatch out,,, there will begin a mood of negative energy that once existed and still lingers some to this day "like Baylor gives up too many bonus points"

If Baylor does what they will be capable of they win by 3 - IMHO

That's what they said after Baylor was looking so unbeatable last season and they literally kicked McCallie's butts , but then the state duals came the following week, and we know the rest of the story.

Yes, Steve can enter this one with a game plan similar to GC's (assignments taken and executed). Nothing's forsure, but with a little luck, considering which weight class begins and a fierce drive to win, my "smaller" gut today ....says it's Soddy by 6. And waatch out,,, there will begin a mood of negative energy that once existed and still lingers some to this day "like Baylor gives up too many bonus points"

If Baylor does what they will be capable of they win by 3 - IMHO

I wonder what this means. As I recall, in the duals finals, McCallie had two pins, a total of 6 bonus points. Baylor had two tech falls and a major decision for a total of 5 bonus points. Surely a difference of one bonus point is not what you are talking about. Baylor lost the duals due to losing some close matches that they won in the regular season match.

You must be talking about some other "negative energy" from the past. As an observer though, there has not been too much of anything negative in the Baylor room in the last several years. The future looks pretty bright too so I guess I just do not understand.

On another point, your odds of getting your pick right are pretty good since you picked both teams. I guess they could tie.

Edited by mtnrasslin

I wonder what this means. As I recall, in the duals finals, McCallie had two pins, a total of 6 bonus points. Baylor had two tech falls and a major decision for a total of 5 bonus points. Surely a difference of one bonus point is not what you are talking about. Baylor lost the duals due to losing some close matches that they won in the regular season match.

You must be talking about some other "negative energy" from the past. As an observer though, there has not been too much of anything negative in the Baylor room in the last several years. The future looks pretty bright too so I guess I just do not understand.

On another point, your odds of getting your pick right are pretty good since you picked both teams. I guess they could tie.

In the case of the final stretch and what led to the final results of that last B-M dual match, you are right. To my limited memory, it seems it was earlier in the season in GA where some of those concerns developed and observations were shared. Keep winning and you will also be correct about where you stand on + or - energy.

As far as picks, even the odds makers keep certain variables in mind as they should. Even down to the pinewood derby and who gets which lane, right?

:lol:

POTENTIAL Match-ups Stewart- whitaker, Johnson-Fuller, Ulrich-Mike Bell, Doster-Toney, Still-Letner. This should be a fantastic match. I can't wait!

I'm just proud Raider76 has figured out this typin' thing.

Not bad either. What's the words per minute count up to?

Must be wrestling season.

Good luck to the boys in Brynewood

Edited by Rabble Rouser