Hampton vs. Coalfield 2006 Edition

rSquared

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is quite nice up here, and you are more than welcome to "transfer" if you can get it all legalized. Tell me one thing, name 1, just 1, quality win Coalfield ahs had this year.

Something you may not understand, because you are new to this winning thing, but when you win as much as Coalfield wins, you make alot of rivalrys. Alot of team circle the Coalfield game on there calendar at the start of the season. And it would make alot of teams season if they were to beat Coalfield, so everyone give us there best shot. Life is hard with a big bullseye on you ever game. So in my opion every game was big for us. So we have 12. What about Hampton?

he had a 34 (I think) yard run. Harriman had 36 yards for the entire night. that's pretty shut down to me.

So you are telling me that on the first drive, the only drive that Goins was in, he rushed for a 34 yard play. And that if he had played the whole game that he would not have done it again, and that it would not be a closer game?

Hampton[/url'>Bulldogs1' post='826253197' date='Nov 15 2006 - 04:46 PM']

You heard right, EARLY in the game. It takes time to adjust, not too many people can be shut down for a whole game.

If you want to take about shut down look at how he did against Coalfield for 4 quarters.

Something you may not understand, because you are new to this winning thing, but when you win as much as Coalfield wins, you make alot of rivalrys. Alot of team circle the Coalfield game on there calendar at the start of the season. And it would make alot of teams season if they were to beat Coalfield, so everyone give us there best shot. Life is hard with a big bullseye on you ever game. So in my opion every game was big for us. So we have 12. What about Hampton?

NOw that is beating around the bush. I will more specific, Who did Coalfield beat that was 1. ranked in state. 2. played in higher class and made playoffs? That all I want to know.

NOw that is beating around the bush. I will more specific, Who did Coalfield beat that was 1. ranked in state. 2. played in higher class and made playoffs? That all I want to know.

Point taken, we have not beaten a great team yet. But you have to understand that teams like Oliver Springs (1-9) played there best game of the year against us, so did 11 other teams. So now tell me hampton has beaten

Point taken, we have not beaten a great team yet. But you have to understand that teams like Oliver Springs (1-9) played there best game of the year against us, so did 11 other teams. So now tell me hampton has beaten

I love this research stuff: stick with me here,

Coalfield 12-0. out of that 12-0, 2 teams were 0-10, 3 were 1-9. Coalfield has beat 5 teams that made the playoffs and that is counting Midway twice. Coalfields opponents have a combined record of 37-85. Correct me on any of this if I am wrong.

Hampton is 11-1. out of that 11-1, we beat 1 team that was 0-10, out of the rest of the teams, 11 won 2 or more games. Hampton has beat 7 playoff teams, one of them being a 4A team and we lost to 4A playoff team of Johnson County by 3 points. Hampton opponents have a combined record of 54-74. One of our wins came against Cosby, who at the time was ranked in the state higher than us, and this was 7 games into the season, so it wasn't like it was the first of second game after the rankings came out.

To me, that is quite a bit of difference. But you know what, it all means nothing now. Anythig can happen in high school football, ask Dobyns Bennett.

Edited by FallSportFan

Guest Shocker0

It is quite nice up here, and you are more than welcome to "transfer" if you can get it all legalized. Tell me one thing, name 1, just 1, quality win Coalfield ahs had this year.

1. Harriman 14-0

2. Midway 15-13

3. Midway 21-14

4. Oneida 7-0

3 bad 2a teams, CG made playoffs though but Coalfield beat them 46-0...

Let's hear some of Hamptons big wins...I can only think of Oneida and Harriman, and their from our region.