Hampton vs. Coalfield 2006 Edition

rSquared

Guest Shocker0

I love this research stuff: stick with me here,

Coalfield 12-0. out of that 12-0, 2 teams were 0-10, 3 were 1-9. Coalfield has beat 5 teams that made the playoffs and that is counting Midway twice. Coalfields opponents have a combined record of 37-85. Correct me on any of this if I am wrong.

Hampton is 11-1. out of that 11-1, we beat 1 team that was 0-10, out of the rest of the teams, 11 won 2 or more games. Hampton has beat 7 playoff teams, one of them being a 4A team and we lost to 4A playoff team of Johnson County by 3 points. Hampton opponents have a combined record of 54-74. One of our wins came against Cosby, who at the time was ranked in the state higher than us, and this was 7 games into the season, so it wasn't like it was the first of second game after the rankings came out.

To me, that is quite a bit of difference. But you know what, it all means nothing now. Anythig can happen in high school football, ask Dobyns Bennett.

Yeah, but Northeast Tennessee is full of those muffin teams that Gut Wrench Gary likes to talk about...You can have a winning region record if the rest of the teams play each other all year long and wind up with a winning record. Hampton just happens to be the best one in 1a up there. They would have more respect if they were in region 2...or any other region for that matter.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this research stuff: stick with me here,

Coalfield 12-0. out of that 12-0, 2 teams were 0-10, 3 were 1-9. Coalfield has beat 5 teams that made the playoffs and that is counting Midway twice. Coalfields opponents have a combined record of 37-85. Correct me on any of this if I am wrong.

Hampton is 11-1. out of that 11-1, we beat 1 team that was 0-10, out of the rest of the teams, 11 won 2 or more games. Hampton has beat 7 playoff teams, one of them being a 4A team and we lost to 4A playoff team of Johnson County by 3 points. Hampton opponents have a combined record of 54-74. One of our wins came against Cosby, who at the time was ranked in the state higher than us, and this was 7 games into the season, so it wasn't like it was the first of second game after the rankings came out.

To me, that is quite a bit of difference. But you know what, it all means nothing now. Anythig can happen in high school football, ask Dobyns Bennett.

But REGION 2 OWNS Region 1 EXCEPT for maybe Hampton. Almost EVERY year all 4 or at least 3 of the playoff teams come from Region 2.

Like you said though, we can sit here and talk until we are ORANGE in the face, but we will all know who's going on to the next round around 9:30pm on Friday.

I'm worried that Hampton may have to much for Coalfield, but that 3 hour bus ride ALWAYS factors in to the equation, ALWAYS! I don't care what you say, that ride on the bus, stinks!

But REGION 2 OWNS Region 1 EXCEPT for maybe Hampton. Almost EVERY year all 4 or at least 3 of the playoff teams come from Region 2.

Like you said though, we can sit here and talk until we are ORANGE in the face, but we will all know who's going on to the next round around 9:30pm on Friday.

I'm worried that Hampton may have to much for Coalfield, but that 3 hour bus ride ALWAYS factors in to the equation, ALWAYS! I don't care what you say, that ride on the bus, stinks!

that ride won't stink near as bad this year, sounds like they have got a chartered bus heading that way.

I know that "we all" know who is going to the next round, I just don't think that "you all" are ready to accept it yet. Just kidding. I think it will be a great game (and a short ride home) :lol:

Edited by FallSportFan

Guest Shocker0

I know that "we all" know who is going to the next round, I just don't think that "you all" are ready to except it yet. Just kidding. I think it will be a great game (and a short ride home) :lol:

I hope your serious...I have never seen Hampton fan's so overconfident. :lol:

It should be A HECKUVA game! With the field being covered it should be in good shape, although I have to say it's been kind of rough the past couple of weeks, the worst I've EVER seen it!!! Well except when i was a kid and we had crab grass in there!! But since Gary has been at the head of the program, that field has been better than some 5A and college fields!

I will warn you that the sidelines are CRAPPY right now, so if Hampton has speedsters, it won't help to get to the corners because if you get to close to the sideline, it's WET!

Pujo's confidence seem's to be fading, thank god for Slick Rick to back him up...If Hampton is going to win so bad, why worry about one player, shouldn't Hampton be getting ready for the FCS/Temple winner right about now?

Not worried one single bit, the only thing this game means is you were one of the final 8 or you made it to the final 4. The next round get tougher and it will take a better team than Coalfield to win. Now if you can pick you up another player or two, you might be able to hang. I think Hampton is the only team still in the playoffs around here, you all wouldn't mind if we found us a few extra kids. Like the one feller said ,this is America ,I'd say alot of kids would like to make the choice to play Friday night. Seems like some other school didn't think it was right either,or they wouldnt have imformed the TSSAA.

Pretty Much! :lol:

You can attack me all you want, to try to discredit me, I expect that much. But, that is exactly what happened. And if you indeed do know his dad, this would not surprise you! If it is such a stretch, as you put it, why did the coach of one of your recent opponents, file a report to the TSSAA, regarding the situation.

Guest Shocker0

Coalfield recruits...I'm sure they can pick up Casey Clausens brother out in California for this game to be quarterback, because that's obviously how they got the rest of their team. Your right, if Coalfield beats Hampton, they got no shot at the next round...but I guess if they do beat Hampton then that means that Hampton would have faired worse? Because once you said the better team almost always wins games.

But seriously, I think Coalfield AND Hampton are both good enough to win the state championship, have a little faith in Coalfield at least, you have a plenty in Hampton, possibly too much. After Friday if you guys win, then you will be able to brag all you want, and I'm sure the Coalfield fans will help out. But if Coalfield wins, it won't matter because they would have just got lucky.