Wooddale vs. White Station

wshsis#1

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interested to see how they match up to Ravenwood (the hottest team in the state right now). Ravenwood has one of the top 5 coaches in the state and they can certainly play any kind of game--high or low scoring.

I think this will be a great matchup...what's the scoop on White Station?

Stuman is an alum and gets to see them more, but I write for VandySports.com of Unapproved Website and have had a lot of interaction with members of the Spartan team over this season after linebacker Chris Marve committed to Vanderbilt.

They possibly have either the top linebacker corps in the state or they are at least among the top 3 with Marve (who's a Mr.Football finalist), Brandon Boykin, and junior Jordon Yarborough. They have a skilled set of receivers in Trey Rich and Henry Rogers and have a reliable junior running back in Derrion Sanders and their junior quarterback Jeff Link has been probably the difference on the offensive side of the ball. They would possibly be undefeated right now had it not been for Link suffering an injury and missing a game where the offense couldn't move the ball quite as well (WS lost to Houston, 7-3).

I saw Ravenwood play last week against Antioch and I think this is going to be a very good game between the two teams because both have well coached offenses and good defenses.

This is what playoff football is all about. The winner of this game could go on to win the whole thing.