Whitwell vs. Webb

bd1949

This was a terrible game to watch. Neither team played much defense. The difference in the game was that Whitwell could not get a rebound. The Webb kids just stood and reached over the smaller team and tapped the ball to themselves so they could shoot it again. Coaches screamed from the Whitwell bench all night for over the back fouls, and I think they only got one or two called against Webb. To be honest, it never really did look like there was any contact.

To make matters worse, the Whitwell boys' coach was ejected in the 4th quarter for continuing to voice his displeasure with the officiating. There were 82 total free throws shot in this game, 44 by Webb and 38 by Whitwell, and the outcome was a 20+ point victory by Webb. Overall it did not resmble a basketball game at all. Even though I didn't agree with every call the officials made, I must say that they did an excellent job of keeping things under control the best they could. This game could have had an ugly incident if the whistles had not kept blowing until the very end. B)

FROM BBALLSTUD2008 ON 10/19/06:

whitwell should be at the top of that list (in district 6-a) the only two scorers everyone talks about were whitwells problems whitwell has a lot of talent there junior class is excellene i would say whitwell wi l be very dominating this year.

FROM RACKEMPIRATES ON 10/20/06:

i read this twice just to make sure i read it right the first time. whitwell at the top of the list? maybe if the list is for "teams most likely not to win the district championship." then, i'm right there with you. whitwell will definitely dominate 5th or 6th place. did those juniors dominate the bench last year?? were they dominating the water bottles? where we they? cause if they were on the floor, dominating is one of the last words in any language i'd use for 'em. if this junior class is excellent, what were they as sophomores? up-and-coming stars of the future? geez, welcome to the wonderful world called reality next month.

FROM PREDATOR79 TODAY:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....guess what? it's next month! welcome to reality mighty tigers!