McMinn Co. vs McMinn Central

MCHSBballfan

How can they not be nervous? Make a mistake, and you are out. They are afraid to play like they know how. Get screamed at and taken out until coach calms down. Only one player is allowed to play through her mistakes and she makes plenty of them. Seems like Coach Morgan has given up on all his players except #20.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,. I am wondering if they can't take the pressure now...... what about later???????? Coach Morgan never gives up on his players. and if the #20 is who I think you are talkin about then hey,,, she is GOD sent to some folk....(laughing) :P

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the #20 of which you speak a family member of the coach? Or is the coach wearing some #20 blinders?

I say if you make a substantial enough mistake (such as not playing hard on a particular possession, not boxing out, or missing several layups), you should then spend time on the bench. Lessons can often be taught in a variety of ways, and one particular way is by letting young kids know that if they do something incorrect, it will have a direct impact on whether or not they are in the game.

Of course your name suggests that you don't buy into the mentality of allowing lessons to be taught via the basketball court, but instead are concerned with making the players emotional satisfied. I don't follow this program, but I do remember that one of the two McMinn County high schools sent a team to participate in the final 8 in Murfreesboro that started 2-3 freshmen and saw several others involved in action. Is the same coach involved in that charge--a charge that must certainly be at least somewhat credited to the coach? If so, one should maybe be a bit more reluctant to pass judgment on his abilities in November. The earliest, most trivial battles shall not determine the outcome of the war.

P.S. - It is very easy for those of us who sit in the bleachers or don't walk through the doors of classrooms to pass judgment on the performance of those who sit courtside or educate our children, but we should be reluctant to do so so quickly. It is very easy to be critical of their decisions, but it is seldom easy to be positive in reference to the same decisions no matter what they may be.

I never said the coach was not capable. His record speaks for itself. I'm saying something has changed from last year. If you ever thought you could figure his strategie out, forget it. This year seems like even #22 can't do well enough for him.

I never said the coach was not capable. His record speaks for itself. I'm saying something has changed from last year. If you ever thought you could figure his strategie out, forget it. This year seems like even #22 can't do well enough for him.

Sorry to disagree, his coaching style has not changed in the years I have observed Central basketball. My daughter has been through that process and each time it made her more determined to hustle and come out on top. She would try to go through a wall for the two Central coaches. I think it is probably a lot tougher on we parents than the girls.

Hang in there, you are noticing it more because I figure you have a daughter playing now that is in that position. Encourage and brag all you can on them. If your daughter is the one I am thinking, her shot is improving all the time. I was impressed during the Chattanooga Christian game with some great shots.

Sorry to disagree, his coaching style has not changed in the years I have observed Central basketball. My daughter has been through that process and each time it made her more determined to hustle and come out on top. She would try to go through a wall for the two Central coaches. I think it is probably a lot tougher on we parents than the girls.

Hang in there, you are noticing it more because I figure you have a daughter playing now that is in that position. Encourage and brag all you can on them. If your daughter is the one I am thinking, her shot is improving all the time. I was impressed during the Chattanooga Christian game with some great shots.

No, I have no girls playing ball. I am not talking about any one player in particular. Anyone that has watched the games know what I am talking about. Maybe in the next few games he will get his order straight and let them play like we all know they can.

Edited by letumplay

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,. I am wondering if they can't take the pressure now...... what about later???????? Coach Morgan never gives up on his players. and if the #20 is who I think you are talkin about then hey,,, she is GOD sent to some folk....(laughing) :lol:

I know Central will improve on their 2-3 record. It does seem pressure is getting to these returning girls that should be ready for it since they went to the state last year with all but two starters coming back.

#22 is going to be the key. She was over the top great last year both times she played mcminn and has not been a factor in the two games I have seen. If #20 has an older sister that played about 4 years ago she will NOT do any wrong in coach's eyes. She will stay on the floor no matter.

I know Central will improve on their 2-3 record. It does seem pressure is getting to these returning girls that should be ready for it since they went to the state last year with all but two starters coming back.

#22 is going to be the key. She was over the top great last year both times she played mcminn and has not been a factor in the two games I have seen. If #20 has an older sister that played about 4 years ago she will NOT do any wrong in coach's eyes. She will stay on the floor no matter.

Well, if you look at her sister 4 years ago. She wasnt the reason why Central was so great, Just a piece of the pie... No credit went to that Moss girl and the stud was the Housley Girl by far!!! If the coach is looking back and trying to see her sister then he is a fool!!!!!!!!! Not to say the girl isn't good but wow, does that Coach Morgan really do that?