Forrest Loses to Harpeth

mcsportswriter

I agree, would not have won the game unless we got the basket, then the foul shot, then stole the ball with .01 seconds left and made a basket, I was just trying to be funny :) I don't agree Harpeth is any better or worse than we are. You alluded to the fact it could have been a run-away game if some of your starters had not had so many fouls, I merely said we had fouls too so our starters (including Bussell) were on the bench for a large part of the game. Mendenhall played most if not all of the game. There are also teams we play must faster than Harpeth....Summertown and Clarkrange for instance, so we're kinda used to the quickness.....I understand some teams think it's a big deal to beat us, hence the bullseye on the back, but it is a very long season. Good luck with yours! :)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like you, Harpeth's schedule had them playing York at 2:30 on Wednseday afternoon due to a mistake on the Classic director's part. I can assure you that it was just another game for Harpeth, the girl's on the team had no clue who or where the team was even from. When they realized that Forrest was last year's A champs, they just felt like they had beaten a quality opponent. Mendenhall played the majority of the game because she is conditioned to do so, and she played one heck of a game on both ends of the court. Bussell is not conditioned to sprint up and down the court for 32 minutes and for that same reason both Summertown and Clarkrange will pose a problem for Forrest. Again, Forrest is a very good team, but there is no bull's eye on their back when it comes to AA and AAA teams. I think Harpeth knows that they are going to have to beat much better teams to compete in the AA state tournament and Forrest was just a good early test for a new coach and a new philosophy.

Bussell is conditioned to play for the entire game, sprinting or not....we have some younger players who need time on the court to get ready for the season. I do believe that is part of Coach Reasonover's plan , to give our bench playing time. From what I have seen you will need to get better to compete on the AA level, I agree with that.... Good Luck to you!

To Harpeth's defense Forrest could beat a lot of AA teams and Harpeth will be fine they came back to win that game and every game they have won this year (all of them they have played) they have played harder than the other team in the 4th quarter and the only game i missed was the Ezell-Harding game this team will start clicking and they will be fine

"From what I have seen you will need to get better to compete on the AA level."

Great point, I made it myself in the post that you replied to. I have no doubts that Harpeth will get better and will compete for a trip to Murfreesboro towards the end of the season. You said it yourself, the key is to be the better team tournament time and for a program with a brand new coach, defense, and playbook, Harpeth appears to be headed in the right direction if they can continue to progress at this rate.

Edited by aj1133