Liberty @ Haywood...12/1 Predictions?

Hoops1stLuv14

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Haywood can play solid for 4 quarters, it could be a good game. Last year, Haywood led at the end of the first 3 quarters all 3 times they played. But, Liberty always seemed to take over in the 4th quarter. And Haywood has given away 2 big 4th quarter leads so far this year now, to Union City, and then last night to Southside. The Tomcats have got to play solid the entire game to make have a shot. But, based on all this, I'd have to agree with everyone on here that Liberty has the advantage here and should win. But, I would be surprised if it is a blowout, like some are prediciting.

If Haywood can play solid for 4 quarters, it could be a good game. Last year, Haywood led at the end of the first 3 quarters all 3 times they played. But, Liberty always seemed to take over in the 4th quarter. And Haywood has given away 2 big 4th quarter leads so far this year now, to Union City, and then last night to Southside. The Tomcats have got to play solid the entire game to make have a shot. But, based on all this, I'd have to agree with everyone on here that Liberty has the advantage here and should win. But, I would be surprised if it is a blowout, like some are prediciting.

:thumb: Crusaders by 30. They will bring the heat.

Liberty by 15. :thumb:

No way it's a blowout. Two of the top basketball programs in West TN, it will be a close one as always. I wouldn't be surprised if Haywood pulled off the upset, but I think Liberty will win based on Haywood's youth. The reason they have lost their second half leads is a lack of leadership on the Tomcat squad. Unlike last year, they do not have a Jarvis Varnado or a Lee Liggins to keep everyone in the game. Commage is an outstanding player, but not a very good leader by all accounts.

I think Liberty has an edge, but Haywood has the talent and a lot of pride to play for. It's one thing to beat Haywood on a neutral court, but it is very very difficult to go into Brownsville and beat the Tomcats. That place will be packed. Also the Tomcats will be looking for a little revenge after last year's state tournament debocle.

There is also a little resentment in Haywood regarding Liberty's recent success. The powerhouse isn't thrilled about losing to the young upstarts, as for several years their only real challenge in the regular season was arch-rival Bolivar. I can see this one going either way, there will be a lot of emotion.

I believe Liberty will win HOWEVER what I also believe is that it's going to be a close battle. Haywood is tough to beat at home (as they've proven against Bolivar over the years) and Liberty might come in looking ahead to tomorow's Marshall Co. Hoopfest :thumb:

Liberty: 77

Haywood: 69

Tipoff is in 1hr 1/2. Anybody have any final thoughts? You can feel the energy in Brownsville tonight, the mood is right for an upset.