Centennial after Jan 9

streetballa4evuh

Just found this out, CHS has two players who have not played yet, that will make a huge impact on the team. 6'4 scoring machine,28ppg last year, Preston Stroop is waiting for entrance exam results to become eligible(he was homeschooled last year)played for Franklin Classical. 6'2 shooting guard Kiewan Jones has moved from Columbia to Centennials zone. Will start playing JV ball and then move on up. If this stuff is true, and I am pretty sure it is, the cougars are going to be unreal.

I can confirm Stroop, did not know about Jones. Saw the cougars at Father Ryan, and they are for real. If they shoot well from the outside, they can beat anyone in the state. Also mark it down, Cinncinatti and UT are now after Kelly. I saw his dad talking to a UC coach, after a game, and overheard him invite them to a game. UT sends Drew a letter a week, more than your average questionaire. Dads desk is overflowing with letters from at least 30 other D1 schools. This kid is special.

I know Stroop is officially on the roster and I have seen him play. I haven't seen Jones yet, but I have been told by some players that we did have a Columbia transfer.

About Kelly, is this really a suprise? He really is a truly gifted player and a class act as well. That connection to UT isn't really a suprise either. His uncle is former UT lineman, and current Green Bay Packer, Chad Clifton.

I can confirm Stroop, did not know about Jones. Saw the cougars at Father Ryan, and they are for real. If they shoot well from the outside, they can beat anyone in the state. Also mark it down, Cinncinatti and UT are now after Kelly. I saw his dad talking to a UC coach, after a game, and overheard him invite them to a game. UT sends Drew a letter a week, more than your average questionaire. Dads desk is overflowing with letters from at least 30 other D1 schools. This kid is special.

What you probably saw was the Cincinatti coach watching them play against Pioneer Christian whose best player is Cincinatti commit Darnell Wilks. Letters aren't offers. Kelly is a very good player, but at 6'6 look for him to spend his college years in the OVC.

is anyone sure if the jones guy is at centennial? i saw him play in aau and he is a pretty good player

Kelly will play major D-1 basketball. Have no doubts about it. Only a soph and his skill level and strength are great and getting better. Will be able to easily play the power forward spot at that level. By no means is he Kevin Love yet, but he has a similar game and could definitely get to that point.

Stroop wont help Centennial as much as people think. He is a decent player and could be a nice role player. No offense but that league he played in with Classical was a joke. Saw him play a game last season. Pretty decent shot but he isnt very athletic and will struggle against that level competition.

Kelly will play major D-1 basketball. Have no doubts about it. Only a soph and his skill level and strength are great and getting better. Will be able to easily play the power forward spot at that level. By no means is he Kevin Love yet, but he has a similar game and could definitely get to that point.

Stroop wont help Centennial as much as people think. He is a decent player and could be a nice role player. No offense but that league he played in with Classical was a joke. Saw him play a game last season. Pretty decent shot but he isnt very athletic and will struggle against that level competition.

Time will tell.