Region 3-1A 2007

jadguitar06

How does everyone think it will turn out? With South Pitt on a downslide at the end of last year, and Temple resculpting their program, how will this region turn out?

My thoughts (which don't ammount to much and are likely to change about 50 times before the season starts) are this:

Copper Basin is in a funk right now. The talent level is down. I don't know that they will finish last again but I don't feel right now that they make the playoffs.

David Brainerd I don't know enough about but I don't see them doing better than one of the last two spots in the region. Again, I don't know enough about them.

Grace, I picked them as a wildcard last year, I'm doing it again this year. I think they will be better and good enough to challenge for 3rd in the region and with a little luck maybe even 2nd.

Lookout Valley with Chas Scruggs will be ok. They will be good enough to make the playoffs but will they be good enough to host in the first round?

Silverdale, like Grace is a team to watch in this region. Depending on how their new players do next year as well as how the other players come along, they could make some noise. Especially if they can string together a few complete games next fall. There is one more thing to watch with Silverdale but it is too early get into that for right now. (no, it has nothing to do with recruiting for those that always make the claims against them). Silverdale could be #2 or #3.

South Pittsburg will be the region champion. I said this last year too though and was wrong. But from what I gathered about everything coach Grider said at the banquet and the team's "new attitude" that he will be changing for next year as well as the way they worked last season to get ready I think they will be back at #1.

Temple really depends on the new coach and how the transfer situation (going in and out) works out. Right now I think that Temple, at best, struggles to make the playoffs.

Whitwell is another team that seems to be in a little bit of a funk right now. I don't think that their talent level is near what it has been and that has hurt them. Like Temple, I think that Whitwell struggles to get in to the playoffs.

I think that the sure fire playoff team is South Pittsburg. I do believe that Lookout Valley gets in and that it is a fight between them, Silverdale and Grace. Those are my top 4 teams as of right now but I wouldn't be surprised if any one of those three didn't make it into the post season. I think that Temple and Whitwell are the bubble teams this year with Basin and David Brainerd having a rough go of things.

Like I said, just my opinion that is likely to change many times before the season starts.

I am just a player so I might be biased, but I think they we (Silverdale will when the region. I know that South Pittsburgh is good, but I know what we have and what we will have by the time school starts. Plus coach is really working us hard to make us champions. This is how things will end up.

1. Silverdale- read above

2. SP- Tradition

3. LV- thier running back

4. Whitwell- Tradition

5. Temple- "transfers"

6. Grace- weak schedule

7. CB- down years in talent

8. DB- too few and too young