Carlton Flatt announces retirement

USA1

Has John Patton announced his retirement from the BA "steering committee" yet? :o:thumb::o

Which John Patton are you talking about, there are two that have dealings with BA. One is legit and the other one who knows, he is a loud mouth, that is for sure but other than that what is his true affiliation with the school. I know that he is over that Powerhouse Youth Program(BA Feeder Program) out of the Antioch area.

TSSAA needs to check on him, again.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has John Patton announced his retirement from the BA "steering committee" yet? :o:o:D

Bigchief,

You literally made me spit my Dr. Pepper all over my keyboard with that oh-so-true statement :thumb::D I loved my UNA Bears days and have nothing but love for John P. and company, but you know exactly what I'm talking about. John should have been paid whatever a top college recruiting coordinator was making in the 90's. There's a pretty extensive list of Una personnel that "magically" ended up at Brentwood Academy, with the only payment many times being gas to get to and from Granny White Pike.

Big John is a Metro Police Officer and a great man! His son graduated from BA, then UT-Martin and is an exec for Nissan, now. He is a former BA dad and true fan. John has recommended BA to many families. "Steered" is a word that I would agree with. However, he never promised anything to anyone other than the BA experience. He does it for love of the school and love of the kids. It is not about money in anyway. He was investigated closely during the recent TSSAA/legal inquisitions and just like BA, he was found to have done nothing wrong. I realize that many people like “Sweep Left” will always trust their suspicions and rumors much more than the results of any investigation and/or hard facts. I think anyone that is affiliated with a successful program, such as John Patton will have to take the good with this bad.

Big John is a Metro Police Officer and a great man! His son graduated from BA, then UT-Martin and is an exec for Nissan, now. He is a former BA dad and true fan. John has recommended BA to many families. "Steered" is a word that I would agree with. However, he never promised anything to anyone other than the BA experience. He does it for love of the school and love of the kids. It is not about money in anyway. He was investigated closely during the recent TSSAA/legal inquisitions and just like BA, he was found to have done nothing wrong. I realize that many people like “Sweep Left” will always trust their suspicions and rumors much more than the results of any investigation and/or hard facts. I think anyone that is affiliated with a successful program, such as John Patton will have to take the good with this bad.

I agree with you but he is still a loud mouth! :thumb::o

I agree with you but he is still a loud mouth! :thumb::o

I don't know of any wrong doings on his part but he does believe in BA, as a school because he sent his son there. There is nothing wrong with that because people at Public Schools do the same thing when they talk about the good and bad of schools. If you are good you don't have to recruit because people want to play for a winner and the school is a good academic school, not the best but not the worst. John is loud though.

Bigchief,

You literally made me spit my Dr. Pepper all over my keyboard with that oh-so-true statement :thumb::o I loved my UNA Bears days and have nothing but love for John P. and company, but you know exactly what I'm talking about. John should have been paid whatever a top college recruiting coordinator was making in the 90's. There's a pretty extensive list of Una personnel that "magically" ended up at Brentwood Academy, with the only payment many times being gas to get to and from Granny White Pike.

Does Brentwood High School owe me gas money to and from Murray Lane?

I don't know of any wrong doings on his part but he does believe in BA, as a school because he sent his son there. There is nothing wrong with that because people at Public Schools do the same thing when they talk about the good and bad of schools. If you are good you don't have to recruit because people want to play for a winner and the school is a good academic school, not the best but not the worst. John is loud though.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Personally, I do not believe it takes "recruiting" to get good football players to Brentwood Academy. They volunteer. Their reputation preceeds their name. Kids want to go play for a winner, and year-in-year-out BA is the premier program in this state. If you have some brains and talent, why wouldn't you want to go there to play football?

There is a player on their roster now from Cheatham County, and I watched him play in middle school. He's quite a talent, and I think he has a chance to be a college prospect in football OR basketball. Cheatham County doesn't turn out many of those every year, and he went to Brentwood. He and his family made that decision, knowing he'd likely sit 2 years there, when he'd start 4 years here. Apparently, his family wanted their child to go to a great program, and get a solid education, rather than be a star on public school teams here and not be challenged nearly as much with classroom discipline and academics. I can't blame people for sending their kids there if they have an opportunity. What parent, who cared, wouldn't try their best to place their kid in the best possible environment for success?

So why the appeal? I think it's simple: Discipline. Every kids need it, most private schools will enforce it, and your public schools won't out of fear. That's the main reason private schools get the nod from families so much these days, and that's why they'll continue to send them.

Good news for Maryville. Quarles has been approached along with a few other top coaches. However, he is a back-up. Rector is the primary target. My intel is that it is Rector's job to accept or decline. If he declines, they will move down the list.

As you can read below, we in Chattanooga have from unimpeachable sources the inside scoop of what's going to happen at BA. PRIMETIME OWL, SergeantOwl22 and ssvolguy put their incredible reputations for accuracy on the line all the way back in September. How a bunch of yahoos from Ooltewah were able to prophesy the future with such certainty is a mystery that the rest of us will never be able to fathom. I understand they are ready to consult on point spreads for not only all the bowl games but will predict which teams will be in the Super Bowl and the winner. Amazing!

PRIMETIME OWL

Sep 29 2006 - 11:57 AM

Post #56

THIS WILL BE COACH POTTERS LAST YEAR AT MCCALLIE, REMEMBER....YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

PRIMETIME OWL

Sep 29 2006 - 01:47 PM

Post #58

QUOTE(schmukduck @ Sep 29 2006 - 01:08 PM)

Wheres he gonna go??? ooltewah??? lets bet so i can laugh al the way to tha bank.

ill just say that coach potter will have a new area code and a bigger bank account! maybe you will see him at the bank when you are crying.

PRIMETIME OWL

Sep 29 2006 - 03:13 PM

Post #62

he will be living in nashville next year, thats all ill say

SergeantOwl22

Sep 29 2006 - 04:01 PM

Post #65

It starts with a B thats all I will say at this time.

SergeantOwl22

Sep 29 2006 - 11:41 PM

Post #80

QUOTE(ssvolguy @ Sep 29 2006 - 11:14 PM)

I'll tell you right now that Potter will be coaching at Brentwood Academy next year... Mark my words... He has already signed the papers!

We have our first winner. Thanks

ssvolguy

Sep 30 2006 - 06:44 AM

Post #81

I heard before this season was even started that Potter was leaving next year. This is his last year at McCallie. Its already in the bag... Trust me. I've heard from very very reliable sources. I've just kept my mouth shut. He has already signed the papers and everything.

And actually I live in Chattanooga. I'm not a BA fan

ssvolguy

Sep 30 2006 - 01:22 PM

Post #93

I know for a fact that he is going... When the time comes I want apologies...... Its a done deal! I'm not trying to start anything. Just stating the truth. Yes, it stinks but it is the truth. I kept my mouth shut for 3 months now.

uncfan,

If Potter has signed the papers, why interview candidates?

Surely people have better things to do at this time of the

year than to conduct pretend interviews.

Stantrott. Those are the actual posts earlier this year on a BA/McCallie thread prior to the regular season game stating as fact not only what Ralph had supposedly done but what BA was going to do. Obviously, the posters were wrong about this and probably a lot of other things this season. The idea that some guys in Chattanooga would have any insight into what either BA or Coach Potter were doing privately is ridiculous. In order to demonstrate that fact, I used "satire".

"Satire" is a literary concept that you should have been introduced to somewhere in your academic career. Generally the concept is introduced through the reading of "Gulliver's Travels" written by a guy by the name of "Jonathan Swift". He wrote it a long time ago. Does any of this ring a bell?

That was an interesting interview. I heard it and they touched on many points such as the league BA plays in and the quality of coaches in D2 AAA.

yep..........he said the private school league they're in is tougher than any 5A region in the state.

He said public schools can't afford 6 figure salaries of top high school coachds.

he also said that while he competed against public schools he didn't think it, BUT after the split occured he realized that the private schools have an advantage over public schools. kinda surprised me he said that!

Edited by Sweep Left