Top candidates for BA job

FBFan2001

Those are mainly Lavergne kids, but close enough.

Wrong, ask the UNA BBB and AAA coaches where they came from. They are all athletes too, they were big parts of the UNA program. You are right in one respect they all live in Rutherford County but played for UNA. Just like a lot of the Smyrna and Blackman High kids did, go figure. I also heard that some of them are going to Ensworth, any insight on this.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For as strong as UNA was this year at the Triple levels, just imagine if all of the kids that left would have come back. I am talking about the the running backs that went to BGA, who were all starters at UNA and the 3 linemen who left and went to BA, BGA, and Ensworth. They will all be playing each other in a few years and it will be interesting to see how they do without each other.

Here is the BA coaching staff, according to their program:

Ray Dalton, D Line: 43-year coaching veteran, probably going to retire withFlatt.

Brad Perry, O Cord/WR's: BA Alum ('92), Many thought he was the heir

apparent to Flatt. Played at Tennessee Tech, Spiritual Life director of the

school. Best chance of any current assistant for the head job.

Jack Pittman, D Cord: Head coaching material, probably not at BA. Played at

MTSU

Randy Locke, D Backs: Former Davidson Academy head coach, assistant athletic

director.

Phillip Montgomery, O Line: BA Alum ('88), played at Western Kentucky, has

interviewed for other head jobs lately, ready for a head job somewhere.

Hey, you left off a very important coach. Coach Patrick Abernathy LB Coach, 2nd part of the UNA connection, coaches UNA 11 and 12 year olds. Has no other connection to the school. His sons now attended BA (two Huge Linemen)

Scott Whitson, Tight Ends: BA Alum ('82) and parent, part-time assistant

Mikki Allen, D Backs: BA Alum ('96), played at UT and spent time with San

Fran 49ers, part-time assistant, probably not looking at coaching as

full-time position. Starter on great BA '95 and '96 teams.

Kurston Biggers, Runningbacks: BA Alum ('97), played at UT. Also teams strength coach. Has worked at D1 training. Probably focus on strength and conditioning. Starter on BA '95 and '96 teams.

David Peden, O Line: BA alum ('97) played at Ole Miss. Young, 2-sport coach

(basketball). Head coach material one day, probably not yet. Starter on BA '95 and '96 teams.

Antuian Bradford, LB's: played at Vanderbilt. I believe he was more of a junior high assistant coach.

Mickey Jacobs, D Cord.: BA parent, former college assistant. D Cord during BA championship runs of '95 and '96. Financial Planner, coaching is now a secondary gig.

Also, I believe former BA, UT and NFL standout Bubba Miller has helped coach recently. Perry would be the obvious choice within the current staff. There seems to be a great mix of youth and experience. Also, a lot of BA alums, probably loyal to Flatt. I wonder what happens to the staff if the school hires someone from the outside.