D2 state champs

couldntthinkofaname

what predictions do we have for the gold medal in each weight class in D2

i think we got two of the three mccallie boys with medals...ben j will pull it out for baylor against whichever one of the youngs it is in the weight class. waddell and doster....pretty much givens i would think. t.j. duncan should be one ot watch out for....but i dont know, some younger kids tend to freeze up. we should see a good rematch between him and trey stavrum in just about a month or so. at the mccallie invitational, i saw some little muscled up kid at 125 or so in the big blue that maybe looks to be to watch out for next year at state.

i think we got two of the three mccallie boys with medals...ben j will pull it out for baylor against whichever one of the youngs it is in the weight class. waddell and doster....pretty much givens i would think. t.j. duncan should be one ot watch out for....but i dont know, some younger kids tend to freeze up. we should see a good rematch between him and trey stavrum in just about a month or so. at the mccallie invitational, i saw some little muscled up kid at 125 or so in the big blue that maybe looks to be to watch out for next year at state.

Trey Stavrum will most likely be at 119 next month, TJ will wrestle Bailey W at 112 in a month, and really, Jeff Francis of MBA is the big dog in the 112lb wieght class.

is it me or does d2 112 lbs weight class also seem to be a toss-up. look at last year (congrats to bailey w). last year was alot of fun as cash, bailey and singh duked it out . the blue-red match @ 112 should be great tj vs bailey just like last year when singh beat bailey but i would love to see francis and bailey go at it, two defending champs. i look foward for these matches and any other darkhorses in d2.

also look for dd out of cbhs, i loved watching him. he almost beat waddell last year but ran out of gas. i expect to win and baucke(s) is also very good.

jameel adjeni of mccallie @ 215 is also talented and when he is in shape he can be very good and contend for the gold.

justin cash is very, very good. he was a great 112 last year and i heard he is bigger(growth spurt) and stronger so watch out @ whatever weight he is wrestling.

bateman will win. i think people forget about him but he is one of the best in tenn. i loved his finals match last year.

Edited by olympian89

What about that kid who gave waddell a good match in the finals of state last year... from cbhs i believe? will he and waddell get a rematch?

That kid was mentioned by Olympian 89 in the previous post. His name is Darius Williams (DeDe). He has been wrestling at 171 this season but who knows where he certified and what he and his coach have planned. But as of his current results no Mr. Waddel will not get a rematch.