Districts 9A & 10A

Ford

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so who does it look like will win both districts from 10 houston county appears to be pretty strong

houston co is good but they are not the favorites,Heritage-Nashville Christian and East Lit will probably be 1 2 3 in no particular order.I have seen everyone of these teams except CA and they are not a threat.Heritage and Nashville Christian both are great shooting teams,East Lit is very athletic but has noshooters-also with them if a game is being called tight they don't have a chance because they are very physical and rely on crashing the boards,they also don't shoot free throws well,Houston Co has very balanced scoring with six players that can score with none being a star except for Ethan Dillard which is a 6'3 sophomore,Jo Byrns is pretty good also-Reeves is good player along Spann,East Robertson is also dangerous with the best athlete in th edistrict in Tico Andrews and a couple of good shooters.Frazier from NC and Hill from Heritage are the best players in the district.I look for Houston Co to be a darkhorse,they are well coached especially since Mark Beal became an assistant,Cole Spurgeon is a 6'6 sophomore that is improving and should be a real force in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that this looks like a very good region. My kids at Community are not quite ready to move into the group you have listed above. But, they are getting there. Good young group that hopes to compete with those schools above very soon.

I do not think anyone will run away with the region. But, I think Nashville Christian, McEwen, and Eagleville probably have the best chanes to be playing in the Region Championship game. McEwen and Nashville Christian returned a lot from last season. Nashville Christian has been playing without their stud and I think he is back now. So we will see how they play with him back in the lineup. Also of note, Eagleville was playing without their best player when Houston Co. beat them. The Alldaffer kid was out for some reason, not sure why. Anybody that knows why and how long he will be out could let me know, I'd like to find out. But, when fully healthy and as their new young guys continue to gain experience I think Eagleville can be tough for this region to handle. Forrest has a great player, Shankle, but I do not think the rest of the team is strong enough around him. WHH will find come tournament time that winning without a post is very, very difficult.

Heritage seems to be doing good w/o a post. Even though they do have good post players. You showed your brilliance by saying how good McEwen is.

so who does it look like will win both districts from 10 houston county appears to be pretty strong

District 10 Standings

1.White House-Heritage 11-8 (7-2)

2.East Lit 16-6 (7-2)

3.NC 14-7 (7-2)

4.Houston Co. 9-10 (5-5)

5.JBS 5-10 (4-5)

6.McEwen 7-8 (3-5)

7.East Rob. 10-12 (3-6)

8.CA 5-15 (0-9)

Heritage has the tiebreaker becuase they beat NC and East Lit, and East Lit has beaten NC but all 3 teams have to play each other one more time.

Edited by allregionpatriot#3

It is amazing that East Rob. is that low in the District. They are prob the dark horse in 10 A. I think they are a better team than their record shows, better watch em especially if you catch them in the first round.

White House-Heritage is clicking on all cylinders right now, barring injury I pick them to make it as a front runner to the Region Championship and maybe a run to State. Who knows.

NC is play better now as well. East Lit,JB,and Houston Co. can all be stoppers. All have good players but in my opinion not the great teamwork Heritage has.

Are all of the first round games of the District tourney played at the top seeds home court?? or are all of em played at the Host GYM.(Heritage)

I am looking forward to some tough basketball in the very near future.

GO PATRIOTS