Red Bank defeats Notre Dame!

Champ07

It would of been nice to have the boy's from brynwood, and the shuffords that live a stones throw from Red bank Highschool. Coach E. would really have something to work with then. You don't see Soddy and Bradley kids going to Baylor or McCallie. Four great programs with alot to offer but Coach E. deserves better, a man that has coached many kids in this town only to see them going to other schools. His grandfarther was buried this past weekend and he stayed to coach at McCallie for his kids. Think about it.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would of been nice to have the boy's from brynwood, and the shuffords that live a stones throw from Red bank Highschool. Coach E. would really have something to work with then. You don't see Soddy and Bradley kids going to Baylor or McCallie. Four great programs with alot to offer but Coach E. deserves better, a man that has coached many kids in this town only to see them going to other schools. His grandfarther was buried this past weekend and he stayed to coach at McCallie for his kids. Think about it.

Exactly, that man is handsdown the best coach in the state in my book.

The Irish have a good young team thats only going to get better. The most impressive part of their program is the fanbase. Many Red Bank parents were left to bemoan the fact they had more fans than the home team. The fact is that wrestlers at Red Bank get no backing from the school or the community. Football players are discourged from particapating(can't afford to lose weight).? It looked like Red Bank was beaten in the playoffs by a smaller more disciplined team, not a fatter team. Wrestling = Discipline+testiculer fortitude

Tex - coach E has worked with the Chattanooga area youth leagues for years and has probably helped half the young men in this area at one time or another. When students are choosing a high school, I would say none of them are selecting to not attend Red Bank due to the wrestling coach.

that was my whole point.

I would not say that the choice of a wrestler to attend one of the private schools means that a public school coach deserves better. sounds to me like coach E. coaches kids because he likes it, not so they win for coach E.

I was not making a point, just wishful thinking. It's not a question of right or wrong but, if you have a chance to make a difference. What are you going to do. Walkenvol chose to make a difference, GC sure could use a 103 right about now. Walkenvol coached a great group of wrestlers, if he were running a program and didn't reap the rewards of his hard work, I guess he's supposed to feel all good inside when they come in to kick the crap out of his team. People all over the area still send their kids to Coach E. knowing that his program will never reap the benefits. Everyone knows you can't have a good highschool program without a good kids club. Mighty W. are the best, just go to a tournament. Coach E. is Mighty W...I care about all of our wrestlers and most of their parents, I know about the time and money spent to train wrestlers which I'm sad to say aren't born, they are made! It is about the kids Coach E. would tell you that, but as a parent it can be about the Coach also. A coach mentors young men and women not parents. Parents try to make the right decisions concerning their kids. Its just wishful thinking that we make all the right ones.

CHATTWRESTLING - Having a little trouble following you here with the comparisions of a youth league team coached by a volunteer to a high school program with a paid coach and how GC has anything to do with either? However, I do agree and am surprised that the Red Bank community which turns out in great numbers to support several of their athletic programs has not fully embraced the wrestling program. Coach E is a class act who gives his all for that program (heck, just notice the energy he brings to the coaching chair each match). If things don't change, then a more appreciative school will benefit from his services. IMHO, this falls directly on the backs of the current wrestler's parents as they are the program's boosters. All these strong programs with good fan support have outstanding parental booster support; Bradley-Bayou Bear and others, Ooltewah-Jake'sdad, ND-BCB and Harry, Baylor-Deaddux, Mntwrestling, Raider76 and others. Which of you parents at Red Bank are going to step forward to provide the type of support that program deserves?