Top 20 In 1A

ptguard12

Good poll...........wondering if you use Coacht's strength of schedule in your thinking.........

Gleason, RBS neither one are in the top 50......neither has played anyone of significance in AA or AAA..........In my opinion Clarkrange deserves the #1 spot due to the strength of schedule.....

Your funny...RBS played the same schedule last year, and they wasn't amongst the top 5 in state where they, but your right RBS hasn't proven themselves this year by beating Jackson Co at Jackson Co, and going into Kentucky playing a 3a team out of Tn and 2 of Kentucky's best basketball teams...Oh wait they did...They may have played some really weak teams thus far, but that doesn't take away from the fact that RBS is one of the best in Tennessee...They're considered #1 because they deserve it...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the tradition. :(

And all that has what to do with this year?????????????????????

You may or may not agree with this but success breeds success not only in basketball but just look at football at the successful programs and the repeated results. The goals are set high and as younger players grow into the successful programs they realize the necessary steps to achieve those goals even if they are not the most talented or the most athletic.

With that being said, I don't know who will win the gold ball in March, but from what I have seen in 7A the Championship game will have at least one 7A team playing.

jamieroper, come on up north Jan. 19th and you will see what I'm talking about.

And I'm looking forward to visiting your area just a little later :(

Thanks for the backup Watcher!

Not only does success breed success for those winning programs, but it tends to make everyone else in the district better as well because while one team is leading the pack, others in that district have to find a way to make ends meet and catch up or even top their best competition. By doing so, they're making themselves better and making the district they're playing in much better. Take a look at the championships by year. In the late 70's, Pickett Co. was on top. Then on their heels were the girls from Clarkrange in the early 80's. The two went back and forth over the course of the 80's and 90's then Celina starting challenging for the state.

And look at who's on a great path this year...Red Boiling Springs.

The same pattern seems to be building in your area as well Jamie...Forrest won last year and now Richland is on the right track.

Edited by TNBballMan

Just curious, but what makes you think the top D7 schools are better than the top D11 and D12 schools? Just curious. I am from D11 but I always give teams the respect they deserve, unless I am just trying to stir them a little. Just wondering if you are just a D7 homer or have some valid reason to back up your opinion. Do not get me wrong, you have a right to your opinion, I was just wondering if I was missing something. Take care. :)

By the way, I asked the sportswizard the same thing about his prediction about the southcentral schools.

Jamie...Lets say it this way...I am south west of you, if I have got you figured right by reading your posting. I pick RBS because I believe this group of Senior girls have a real shot at going all the way this year. Based on what they did last year and the type skills they are showing this year. As for Clarkrange, they are coached by Tennessee best coach. The team mates function very well together and have lots of skills. They are young and will do nothing but improve through out the season. They will get some real playing time against RBS, and the other super teams they are playing between now and March. These girls are going to do nothing but improve. They are also playing a schedule that is second to no one in A level schools. Coach Rogers shows us year after year that he has the skills to keep his team from burning out at the end of the season. Some of the younger Coaches do not have this skill and their teams burn down toward the end of the season. Hopefully we are not already seeing this in Summertown? If I was going to guess now, I would say that C'range and RBS will each win at home when they play. Of course, we hope all the girls on every teams stay healthy and get to play all season. We pray that their time playing Basketball is enriching and help each of them ajust to a producive life. When this happens they are all winers.

Edited by danba

District 7a has a great basketball history and have brought home many championships. However those of us in other Districts feel we have as much talent as there is in 7A. Mostly that would be in 11A and 12A, and as is pointed out to me more times than I can remember, 9A is a weaker District, but we still have a lot of talent. If you take RBS, Clarkrange and JC and compare them to Summertown, Wayne and Collinwood for instance, it really becomes a toss up on the best District......then throw Richland and Sante Fe is this Region and they are every bit as strong as the Region CRange etc. is in. We also play teams every bit as difficult not in our Districts. Just trying to command a little respect for our teams as we give to yours....I feel we have earned it :)

It's not really disrespect. Or at least it's not meant to be. I respect Forrest 100%. And in 83 or 84 or 85, Clarkrange won a state championship by 2 points....over Richland.....why would we disrespect that?

I am putting in my plug for a 7A/8A vs 11A/12A challenge.....aw, we'll have to include Forrest....so lets just call it "The Civil War of Tennessee Class A Girls Basketball."

Petition your coaches for these matchups...

Clarkrange vs. Collinwood

Red Boiling Spgs vs. Summertown

Jackson Co. vs. Wayne Co.

Clay Co. vs. Richland

Westmoreland vs. Forrest

Gordonsville vs. Santa Fe

Pickett Co. vs. Moore Co.

District 7a has a great basketball history and have brought home many championships. However those of us in other Districts feel we have as much talent as there is in 7A. Mostly that would be in 11A and 12A, and as is pointed out to me more times than I can remember, 9A is a weaker District, but we still have a lot of talent. If you take RBS, Clarkrange and JC and compare them to Summertown, Wayne and Collinwood for instance, it really becomes a toss up on the best District......then throw Richland and Sante Fe is this Region and they are every bit as strong as the Region CRange etc. is in. We also play teams every bit as difficult not in our Districts. Just trying to command a little respect for our teams as we give to yours....I feel we have earned it :)

From Coach T:

#3 Santa Fe

#4 Collinwood

#5 Richland

#9 Summertown

#10 Wayne Co.

#19 Forrest

Ptguard12 :

#4 Collinwood

#6 Summertown

#7 Richland

#8 Wayne Co.

#10 Santa Fe

#13 Moore Co.

#14 Forrest

#16 Perry Co.

Talent wise it seems to be MORE clustered in 12A,11A, and our old friend from 11A in Forrest. Old Traditions die, and new ones begin. Happy new year to all.