Potter named Head COach at Brentwood A.

WarriorFan

I agree......I am sure he has a plan......

Well McCallie holds its annual Football Banquet on Superbowl Sunday!If Potter shows up( i dont see why he wouldnt) there will be alot of happy/upset off people , now on the other hand if he doesnt show, there will ALSO be alot of happy/upset off people as well! Basiclly either way it goes people are gonna be mad! But you cant always please everyone, I just hope Potter does whatever it is inside that he feels is that right thing to do! :lol::lol:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USA, Have you heard anything about Potter keeping all the BA assistants or is he going to bring some new guys in?

No word on that yet. I know it is pretty close to determined, however. That is part of the hiring negotiations. He says who he wants to bring and BA bumps that against available positions on the faculty.

Pretty strong from what I remember at McCallie and the State Championship......I wish you guys best for a coach that can get the best from his talent........

Yea, but McCallie always brings in new broaders every year so im sure some new guys will be added to this list, that can help out in a postive way! Hopefully this will inspire other players to elevate their game and step up when they are needed! Im not saying McCallie will be bad next year, there is just going to be alot of rebuilding and development!Afterall its never easy loosing a talented group of senoirs, such as the 07 class~! :lol::lol:

I think this is a great hire for BA. Potter is an excellent coach, who has proven to be successful in this very competitive division (state championship in 01'). I think that he'll bring in some fresh ideas, make BA much more potent offensively and bring a lot of creativity to the offensive side of the field. I love the fact that he's a former QB (at McCallie & UTC) and grew up a coach's son. I'm anxious to see how he utilizes the talent at BA. The BA staff is still full of "BA people." Potter is very familiar with the BA tradition, a strong Christian himself, and should be a great fit. Congratulations to BA! It'll be interesting to see who McCallie hires.

Dont know if this is true or not but i heard Potter was asking for mare maoney at McCallie than the dean is making over there and they wouldnt give it to him so that might have been a little bit of the reason i dunno!?!?

umm i wanna know where you heard that from! Cuz Potter was already sittin on a pretty nice pay check! And if he did want more money( which seems false) they wouldnt have a problem giving him more since has just recently took a team to STATE! i dont think money was an issue, although im sure Brentwood made him an offer that was to good to be true!! :o:lol:

I think this is a great hire for BA. Potter is an excellent coach, who has proven to be successful in this very competitive division (state championship in 01'). I think that he'll bring in some fresh ideas, make BA much more potent offensively and bring a lot of creativity to the offensive side of the field. I love the fact that he's a former QB (at McCallie & UTC) and grew up a coach's son. I'm anxious to see how he utilizes the talent at BA. The BA staff is still full of "BA people." Potter is very familiar with the BA tradition, a strong Christian himself, and should be a great fit. Congratulations to BA! It'll be interesting to see who McCallie hires.

Sounds like the last time BA hired a coach to replace Flatt, former QB at what is now a Div. II AAA school that was a coaches son. Dejavu? Lets hope not.

Sounds like the last time BA hired a coach to replace Flatt, former QB at what is now a Div. II AAA school that was a coaches son. Dejavu? Lets hope not.

Wow, you are nothing if not consistant. Are you related to Coach Moore? Unless I've heard wrong, you seem much more hung up on what happened 5 years ago than he does. If he's gotten on with his life, might you take a clue from that . . .?