10. Grace Christian Academy (GCA) 57

11. Knoxville Central (KC) 53

12. Christian Academy of Knoxville (CAK) 48

13. Alcoa (Alc) 30

14. Fulton (Ful) 25

15. Austin East (AE) 13

16. Powell

THE ANIMAL

Animal-----are the brackets/tournament results posted or available at any site?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Animal-----are the brackets/tournament results posted or available at any site?

NO. WE ARE STILL IN THE DARK AGES IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD. WE USE OUR COMPUTERS TO COMUNICATE ON COACHT AND STILL RUN TOURNAMENTS BY HAND. I HAVE WAISTED TOO MUCH TIME IN THE PAST, WAITING ON SOMEONE TO FIX THE COMPUTER PROBLEMS. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS THE TOURNAMENT WILL GO ON IF YOU DO IT BY HAND.

THE ANIMAL

Wow, Bearden has come a long way in a short time.

I think JR has brought the program along very quickly. Too bad we couldn't be there to help it along. Congrats to the Bulldog folks. I know BDogDad is proud.

Yep, Junior's doing great with the boys, but it's not like he started with nothing. 3 of the guys were state qualifiers last year and most everyone else was back. We could have done a little better at Halls (but who can't say that). We're looking forward to a strong showing at KIL.

The correct score of the 130 final was King (Sey) 9 - Coffin (Bearden) 8. It was an even and exciting match. Coffin went ahead by 2 with takedown twd end of third and gave up an escape with 10-15 sec left. Except he thought he was down by one instead of up and took a risky shot giving up the winning takedown with a couple seconds left. What a heartbreaker. Those are the kind of losses you hope the wrestler AND the coach learn from. I bet it won't happen again.

Yep, Junior's doing great with the boys, but it's not like he started with nothing. 3 of the guys were state qualifiers last year and most everyone else was back. We could have done a little better at Halls (but who can't say that). We're looking forward to a strong showing at KIL.

The correct score of the 130 final was King (Sey) 9 - Coffin (Bearden) 8. It was an even and exciting match. Coffin went ahead by 2 with takedown twd end of third and gave up an escape with 10-15 sec left. Except he thought he was down by one instead of up and took a risky shot giving up the winning takedown with a couple seconds left. What a heartbreaker. Those are the kind of losses you hope the wrestler AND the coach learn from. I bet it won't happen again.

The actual score was 11-9. The table had missed the escape after coffin takedown to go ahead by 1. Kings escape tied the match at 9 then he got the takedown at the buzzer to win 11-9.

The actual score was 11-9. The table had missed the escape after coffin takedown to go ahead by 1. Kings escape tied the match at 9 then he got the takedown at the buzzer to win 11-9.

Not according to my score book, which I usually trust more than the scoring table. (Either way King won.) There was quite a scoring flurry at the end. Since it's on video, we can check it out when the DVD comes out. I'll gladly bet you a coke that the final score wasn't 11-9. if you've got the period-by-period scoring, I don't mind being corrected. I keep these stats for the team and do my best to get them right.

Not according to my score book, which I usually trust more than the scoring table. (Either way King won.) There was quite a scoring flurry at the end. Since it's on video, we can check it out when the DVD comes out. I'll gladly bet you a coke that the final score wasn't 11-9. if you've got the period-by-period scoring, I don't mind being corrected. I keep these stats for the team and do my best to get them right.

your on! We will have to check the video as I have already discarded my score sheets. Only keep up with wins and losses for seeding purposes later on (regional and so forth). His dad may still have score sheet if he does I'll post later.

When you get the video let me know if I owe you a coke.

Coach McCroskey

I have watched the video 4 times from watching it the score looks like it was 9-7 King.

1st round 2nd round 3rd round

King chose bottom Coffin chose bottom

KING T 2 E 1 E 1 E 1 T 2 NF 2 9

COFFIN E 1 T 2 R 2 5

I originally thought the score was 10 to 7 with King getting another escape in the 3rd with Coffin getting a takedown, but from the video the escape was not awarded so that erases the takedown for Coffin.

Bulldog Dad looks like in viewing the video after practice today we are all wrong. The score according to the referee was as follows.

1st 2nd 3rd

King T-2 down E-1 E-1 E-1 E-1 T-2 NF-2 10

Coffey E-1 T-2 down R-2 T-2 7

I'll still buy the coke!

Just give me a yell.

Coach Mcc

Bulldog Dad looks like in viewing the video after practice today we are all wrong. The score according to the referee was as follows.

1st 2nd 3rd

King T-2 down E-1 E-1 E-1 E-1 T-2 NF-2 10

Coffey E-1 T-2 down R-2 T-2 7

I'll still buy the coke!

Just give me a yell.

Coach Mcc

That's how I had it except that I apparently missed the NF2 at the end, though I'm sure you'll agree that those pts were immaterial. It looks like I was at least correct that Coffin was still ahead 7-6 after giving up the escape and just needed to last out the remaining 10-15(?) sec. Congrats again to Ryan.

I look fwd to the coke regardless of who buys. BTW in case you didn't know, my son is the Bearden 160. His match with your 160 was also quite exciting (at least for us). Good luck with the remainder of the season. You guys are doing a great job. See you in Feb.