Chris Donald Declares He is a...

Lions4ever

Rivals has him listed in the 4.6's so he needs to get a little faster to play wlb but 4.6 is pretty good at d-end. I think he'll stay at linebacker thats where he really wants to play, he has more than enough potential to and i hope he does develop into one of the all time greats at UT....Good luck to him

Well at least with fulmer, donald knows he'll get to play where he wants, and not where he needs to, just like when Jason Allen needed to be playin safety but ransomed the coaching staff into letting him play corner, i think that set a bad example for other players coming up.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Donald will remain at lb, but I think he will be in the middle which is what rivals has him listed at. With the graduation of Mitchell, Donald should see instant playing time. I think Elix Wilson will get the start at middle to start the season, however, Donald could earn the job by midseason. Also, does anybody know anything about the Chris Walker situation. He changed to soft verbal right after Donald commited.

Mayo will start at middle, with karl and rico at outside.

That could be how it ends up, but I know they moved Elix to the middle during the season. If they want to get the three best on the field, than it should be the three you mentioned IMO, with Donald getting plenty of time too of course. Rico will break out next year.

That's funny coming from a Texas fan because untill Vince Young, I mean Mack Brown won a title the same was said about him. Brown coulnd't win anything untill Young almost single handedly won the national title for him.

You also don't see kids at Texas or most any other program in the country with the off field behavioral problems like the ones experienced annually in Knoxville. Mack's career record at UT speeks for itself. He isn't the best coach in CF but I'd take him over Phil anyday.

At the All American Game they had him listed 4.4-4.5 which from seeing him play I would say is pretty accurate.

Edited by bulldawgs#1

You also don't see kids at Texas or most any other program in the country with the off field behavioral problems like the ones experienced annually in Knoxville. Mack's career record at UT speeks for itself. He isn't the best coach in CF but I'd take him over Phil anyday.

At the All American Game they had him listed 4.4-4.5 which from seeing him play I would say is pretty accurate.

HA! Put Mack Brown in the SEC, see how sterling his record is then. Replace A & M, Nebraska, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State with Tennessee, Florida, LSU, Auburn, and UGA. Yeah, Mack can make winners in the ACC and Big 12, but see how many times he schedules a big-time SEC program to play Texas. You won't, because, as a southerner, he knows exactly what he'll get with an SEC program: equal speed and talent on an almost weekly basis. Sorry, pal, VY was great, but your coach just let him freelance in his offense. He even admitted on ESPN! So if you honestly believe Mack Brown is a better coach than the dean of SEC coaches, then do everyone a favor and stop posting. CoachT doesn't need morons.

Also, Donald will be a sideline-to-sideline terror on the inside.

HA! Put Mack Brown in the SEC, see how sterling his record is then. Replace A & M, Nebraska, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State with Tennessee, Florida, LSU, Auburn, and UGA. Yeah, Mack can make winners in the ACC and Big 12, but see how many times he schedules a big-time SEC program to play Texas. You won't, because, as a southerner, he knows exactly what he'll get with an SEC program: equal speed and talent on an almost weekly basis. Sorry, pal, VY was great, but your coach just let him freelance in his offense. He even admitted on ESPN! So if you honestly believe Mack Brown is a better coach than the dean of SEC coaches, then do everyone a favor and stop posting. CoachT doesn't need morons.

this entire post is very true

this entire post is very true

Correct.

I think the SEC proved its mettle in the BCS Championship game this year. And the Sugar Bowl. 41-14 blowouts of teams that were supposedly invincible.

The SEC's argument is validated- Our 1 loss team is better than your undefeated team! :thumb:

Edited by rcombs

I agree the SEC is heads and shoulders above the rest. I never said or hinted that they weren't. I also said "Mack isn't the best but I would take him over Phil anyday". Are you saying Phil is the dean of SEC coaches??? What was his record last year??? Yea Mack let Vince freelance. It won him a Natl. Championship. Kinda the same thing Fisher and Chow let him do and what happened he started winning games. The Big XII has been down the last couple of years but it wasn't that long ago when they were in the SEC's position. Not so long ago a middle of the pack Kansas State beat the daylights out of Tennessee. The SEC has been the best conference recently but Texas could more than hold their own. Lot of talent and speed in the SEC. But Texas has the best or very close to it recruiting class year in and year out. I would put Texas' speed against anyone in the nations. You also make it sound like the SEC has always been the best but Big XII schools have won 18 Natl. Championships while the SEC has won 14. I hate to see grown adults calling people names on the internet.

Donald can be a great player but he needs to be more physical.

Edited by bulldawgs#1

I agree the SEC is heads and shoulders above the rest. I never said or hinted that they weren't. I also said "Mack isn't the best but I would take him over Phil anyday". Are you saying Phil is the dean of SEC coaches??? What was his record last year??? Yea Mack let Vince freelance. It won him a Natl. Championship. Kinda the same thing Fisher and Chow let him do and what happened he started winning games. The Big XII has been down the last couple of years but it wasn't that long ago when they were in the SEC's position. Not so long ago a middle of the pack Kansas State beat the daylights out of Tennessee. The SEC has been the best conference recently but Texas could more than hold their own. Lot of talent and speed in the SEC. But Texas has the best or very close to it recruiting class year in and year out. I would put Texas' speed against anyone in the nations. You also make it sound like the SEC has always been the best but Big XII schools have won 18 Natl. Championships while the SEC has won 14. I hate to see grown adults calling people names on the internet.

Donald can be a great player but he needs to be more physical.

hate to say it but you've got a point. i'll always be a vol fan 1st(cause i'm from tennessee) a sec fan 2nd and a big 12 fan 3rd(texas and texas a&m). by the way are you from texas? i got alot of kin out there.

Actually I lived in Oklahoma(not a good place for a horns fan) the first 9 years of my life before moving to Milan. My dad is a Texan and UT fan which is where I got it from. Also have a lot of kin in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. I'm like you Dawg, I'm a Texas fan but I like to see Big XII and SEC schools win and Big 10, Pac 10 and ND lose.

That could be how it ends up, but I know they moved Elix to the middle during the season. If they want to get the three best on the field, than it should be the three you mentioned IMO, with Donald getting plenty of time too of course. Rico will break out next year.

o yea im definitely ready to watch rico, i think he has potential to be one of the top linebackers in the nation in a couple of years, and i also think mayo, will have a great year, so i don't really see donald playin too much next year, but we'll see, donald could suprise me.