Independence Coaching Search

donathan5507

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told by the Ad at Inedependence High today that there were about 20 applicants already in for the head coaching job and it has only been open for four days. He didn't tell me names but said there were seven coaches from region 6-5A and the rest were out of region coaches. He assured me all the coaches that have applied are well qualified.

Will Nowell or Herzog focus their energies on Indy? In people I have spoken to there is a sense that the adm. at Indy is not "football friendly". If that is the case will it feter any potential applicants?

FP,

I don't think it will deter coaches that much. The right coach coming in to IHS will have a team that has the potential to be one of the best in the region. There will be a large pool to pick from.

Certainly a very attractive opportunity. This will certainly catch the eyes of many WilCo coaches. Probably the best thing about Independence is that it is a program that has had early success, but still has tons of room to grow. It'll be interesting to see what names are thrown into this one. So far, Blade has been mentioned a few times and also some guy named Haller(sp) has been mentioned.

Edited by CHS 2007

Well now that Centennial has a coach, it's our turn to 1-up them. Again.

You should 1 up them in name recognition at this point, but the proof will be in three years not now with either of these namings. CHS passed on some bigger names for some reason, maybe there is more to it than meets the eye. Don't forget that Smith was rumored to CHS before SHHS made him an unreal offer what a 1 up that would have been. I would also ask-- if IHS is so loaded why would he go north? It may be they aren't or it may be that Henrie and Webb took their toll. Weren't many of this past year senior class freshmen at CHS and PHS? How well will this senior class fair without their Green Lantern to guide them? Who knows? The way that Eubanks suddenly showed up to interview at the last minute at CHS suggests to me that the admin at Indy doesn't value the quality they have right under their nose. It also suggests that Eubanks new Smith was going there and didn't bother to apply early on. If Eubanks isn't retained how much heart will it stink out of the IHS team? And what incoming coach would keep Eubanks knowing he is the prevailing community choice? Many of them are so paranoid they might think he would undermine them. Coaches will always go where they think they can win, but I bet the micro-managed nature of IHS will have its toll on its applicant pool. Good Luck to CHS and IHS because the road to ultimate success must still go through RHS...Oh and FHS and BHS is no slouch either and they still play a little ball in Dickson. It is going to be a great 07 in Williamson Co.

Coach Jeff Rutledge is looking. I bet he is not too proud to take on a public program like Independence. He could get back on top again after a gold ball or two.

It would be a heated and fun game to watch between Independence and MBA in Week 1 if Rutledge was coaching.

After thinking about it, the Week 0 game could be more intriguing between BA & Independence. BA hired McCallie Coach Potter instead of Coach Rutledge. This seemed to tick off the Headmaster at MBA and cost him his job. It looks to me that Coach Rutledge has some major payback. Independence would be the tool to give the payback. A win at BA on week 0 and a win at MBA on week 1 would be tremendous. This would prove the other schools were wrong on him and he is the better coach.

Has a former college coach with relatives in Williamson Co shown interest in the job?

I thought so at one time. I don't believe it any longer. Coach Rutledge future will be back with a college program.