Harpeth Hall beats BA

2003BA

QUOTE(mjfan44 @ Jan 13 2007 - 10:42 PM) 826331322[/snapback]

Wow, that must have been quite a game! How did the harpeth hall posts stop Dunlap and all of Brentwood's other experienced post players? and how many three's did each team have? I know harpeth hall has some good shooters. who are harpeth hall's top players this year?

After watching Harpeth Hall play this year, I'm shocked that they won. As far as top players.............I wouldn't say they have any stand out players. Since you are a Harpeth Hall fan and probably a player or a parent, that is strange to ask..

You should know the players better than anybody since you watch them in AAU and

during the High School season. You tell us!

I wish I had seen this game. Harpeth Hall is Discipline with a capital D. Brentwood Academy has Dunlop and some great three point shooter, but I know that ALL of HH's girls can hit the long shots. If you saw the game, please fill us in on the 'difference.' Did HH play zone? I think that might have been the key if they did... Details??

QUOTE(briank @ Jan 14 2007 - 07:50 AM) 826331467[/snapback]

After watching Harpeth Hall play this year, I'm shocked that they won. As far as top players.............I wouldn't say they have any stand out players. Since you are a Harpeth Hall fan and probably a player or a parent, that is strange to ask..

You should know the players better than anybody since you watch them in AAU and

during the High School season. You tell us!

Difficult to tell in AAU but Congrats to Harpeth Hall. It seems there is always an upset in the cards every year. Generally a group of "Mad Bombers" that can get up for any specific game. These are very good, very smart players.

QUOTE(Morton @ Jan 17 2007 - 11:11 PM) 826335873[/snapback]

I wish I had seen this game. Harpeth Hall is Discipline with a capital D. Brentwood Academy has Dunlop and some great three point shooter, but I know that ALL of HH's girls can hit the long shots. If you saw the game, please fill us in on the 'difference.' Did HH play zone? I think that might have been the key if they did... Details??

Harpeth Hall has played a lot of zone this year. They won this game with their top scorer only scoring 3 points. Also they were down 8 going into the last quarter. There is no clearcut leader in DII. JPII beat HH by 7 and has Ensworth and BA in the coming weeks. BA is not as good as last year but is still the team to beat in the tourney. Dunlap is getting only 10 a game, Collins is a great shooter not seeing enough looks, and townsend can be inconsistent. Other players are role players that chip in here and there. Will be an interesting next couple of weeks. BA and JPII will fight for 1-2 while HH and Ensworth go for 3-4 with only 3 going to the state. Good luck to all.

QUOTE(ashjan44 @ Jan 18 2007 - 08:50 AM) 826336076[/snapback]

Harpeth Hall has played a lot of zone this year. They won this game with their top scorer only scoring 3 points. Also they were down 8 going into the last quarter. There is no clearcut leader in DII. JPII beat HH by 7 and has Ensworth and BA in the coming weeks. BA is not as good as last year but is still the team to beat in the tourney. Dunlap is getting only 10 a game, Collins is a great shooter not seeing enough looks, and townsend can be inconsistent. Other players are role players that chip in here and there. Will be an interesting next couple of weeks. BA and JPII will fight for 1-2 while HH and Ensworth go for 3-4 with only 3 going to the state. Good luck to all.

HMMMM, I guess the Lady Irish who lead the Division Region at 3-0 at this point should not even be considered. I believe JPII still has to go to Harpeth Hall in the division game that counts. Not an easy task. But the Lady Irish lead the Honey Bears the entire game in their gym, and beat them in the region game that counted. It may come down to JPII and the Lady Irish for the number 2 spot. The game that counts in the standings is at JPII. Maybe we should wait and see the outcome of this game before we start picking how teams are going to finish in the region regular season and surely who is going to state. It is obvious that you have no respect for the Lady Irish, so keep talking, we'll take all the help we can get. See you at the region tournament which is at Father Ryan.

QUOTE(fieldman @ Jan 18 2007 - 10:25 AM) 826336261[/snapback]

HMMMM, I guess the Lady Irish who lead the Division Region at 3-0 at this point should not even be considered. I believe JPII still has to go to Harpeth Hall in the division game that counts. Not an easy task. But the Lady Irish lead the Honey Bears the entire game in their gym, and beat them in the region game that counted. It may come down to JPII and the Lady Irish for the number 2 spot. The game that counts in the standings is at JPII. Maybe we should wait and see the outcome of this game before we start picking how teams are going to finish in the region regular season and surely who is going to state. It is obvious that you have no respect for the Lady Irish, so keep talking, we'll take all the help we can get. See you at the region tournament which is at Father Ryan.

Why is it that not mentioning a team means disrespecting them? Regardless of which games "count" or not Ryan is 2-2 in DII and 10-9 overall. outside of the second HH game the best win they have is Sycamore. Mcgavock is solid, but losing by 40? Anyone is capable of beating each other in DII and this was just how I see it shake out. Don't get your feelings hurt as i'm indifferent to Ryan, not even catholic. The region being at Ryan certainly helps as it's a tough place to play. and hey, maybe all your players will be in town for the tourney.

QUOTE(ashjan44 @ Jan 18 2007 - 12:51 PM) 826336512[/snapback]

Why is it that not mentioning a team means disrespecting them? Regardless of which games "count" or not Ryan is 2-2 in DII and 10-9 overall. outside of the second HH game the best win they have is Sycamore. Mcgavock is solid, but losing by 40? Anyone is capable of beating each other in DII and this was just how I see it shake out. Don't get your feelings hurt as i'm indifferent to Ryan, not even catholic. The region being at Ryan certainly helps as it's a tough place to play. and hey, maybe all your players will be in town for the tourney.

You simply don't know what you are talking about. We are 3-0 in the region, yet to suffer a region loss. If you can't understand that then go back to former coaching school. All the games don't count in the region standings, only one game does between all the teams. The game with Harpeth Hall and Ryan counted in the region, the game between Harpeth Hall and JPII did not count in the standings. And come region time when you are seeded, they will count, you can bet on it. I don't give a hoot whether you are Catholic or not, you disrespected them by not even mentioning them as a candidate for the top four spots in the region. That tells me one thing, you don't know a whole lot about basketball and I don't care where you have coached whatever. You are so wrapped up in JPII for whatever reason. Thats okay except when its clouds your opinion. So enough said on that, don't try to back track, most of the posts you have put on this web site have disrespected somebody, just ask Davidson Academy fans. And I simply don't believe that you are indifferent to Ryan, you just won't admit it. And your knowledge of local players is pretty much limited to JPII's driveway. By the way, if Patsy Mahoney wasn't on the team, you would not even be talking about state cause you would have no chance to make it. She is the biggest impact player on the team, but I have yet to see you post anything about her. One other thing, I bet JPII gets their hat handed to them when they play Harpeth Hall the next time when it truly counts in the standings. And lastly, Ryan does not play the cupcake schedule that the school you are affiliated with does, thus the only difference in their records. I use the word cupcake because that is the exact way you described Davidson Academy's schedule for no apparent reason except to post it or embarrass them or whatever. Come region time, we'll see. Keep talking, lots of people read these posts. By the way, the statement everyone can't beat everyone in Div II, that is simply a uninformed statement. All our players have been in town the whole season and will be for the tourney as well. Its funny that a person who claims to be neutral as far as Ryan goes would make such a statement or even know about it. You are not neutral, but you said you were. So thats the vein anyone in the future should read your posts especially when its comes to Div II basketball.

QUOTE(fieldman @ Jan 18 2007 - 01:37 PM) 826336576[/snapback]

You simply don't know what you are talking about. We are 3-0 in the region, yet to suffer a region loss. If you can't understand that then go back to former coaching school. All the games don't count in the region standings, only one game does between all the teams. The game with Harpeth Hall and Ryan counted in the region, the game between Harpeth Hall and JPII did not count in the standings. And come region time when you are seeded, they will count, you can bet on it. I don't give a hoot whether you are Catholic or not, you disrespected them by not even mentioning them as a candidate for the top four spots in the region. That tells me one thing, you don't know a whole lot about basketball and I don't care where you have coached whatever. You are so wrapped up in JPII for whatever reason. Thats okay except when its clouds your opinion. So enough said on that, don't try to back track, most of the posts you have put on this web site have disrespected somebody, just ask Davidson Academy fans. And I simply don't believe that you are indifferent to Ryan, you just won't admit it. And your knowledge of local players is pretty much limited to JPII's driveway. By the way, if Patsy Mahoney wasn't on the team, you would not even be talking about state cause you would have no chance to make it. She is the biggest impact player on the team, but I have yet to see you post anything about her. One other thing, I bet JPII gets their hat handed to them when they play Harpeth Hall the next time when it truly counts in the standings. And lastly, Ryan does not play the cupcake schedule that the school you are affiliated with does, thus the only difference in their records. I use the word cupcake because that is the exact way you described Davidson Academy's schedule for no apparent reason except to post it or embarrass them or whatever. Come region time, we'll see. Keep talking, lots of people read these posts. By the way, the statement everyone can't beat everyone in Div II, that is simply a uninformed statement. All our players have been in town the whole season and will be for the tourney as well. Its funny that a person who claims to be neutral as far as Ryan goes would make such a statement or even know about it. You are not neutral, but you said you were. So thats the vein anyone in the future should read your posts especially when its comes to Div II basketball.

I'm flattered that you would keep up with my 40+ posts but I couldn't tell you anything about yours. I'm fully aware of how the schedule and when the games "count". But count or no count Both BA and HH have beaten you. That still goes into my equation of how I believe things will go. You don't have to agree. Ryan and JPII's schedules have been similar. Ryan is 15 and JPII 18 on strength. By the way Davidson's is 29th out of 30. Just an honest observation back when I raised the question. Until my last post have I EVER mentioned Ryan that I'm aware of and my jab at what happened at last years tourney was probably uncalled for but it was really a slap at everyone that takes this stuff so serious and gets offended. It's comical and you proved my point. I do support JPII and said I was indifferent to Ryan which means I don't care either way about them. I've never had family at either school and the game is a great environment but never said I was neutral. This post was my opinion on BA and HH and how I saw those teams. Also, my statement was that any team CAN beat anyone not can't. Patsy is a great kid and good player but if I take your line of thinking you disrespected the rest of our team. Sounds silly doesn't it. And I can tell you abilities of players on your team or any team I see and be pretty much dead on, not just "my driveway". I'll stand behind anything i've ever said in any post. And as I always say, good luck to all. Even Ryan