HICKMAN COUNTY NEW FOOTBALL COACH

mountain mafia

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 X EAGLE, Carlton Flatt should not even be mentioned in the same breath with the recent past coaches of Hickman County. No comparison...... a Legend compared to backwoods wanna be coaches. Face the facts, Hickman County has a great Basketball program, great Baseball program, but football..... hah, History is there, show me where any of these local Hickman County coaches of the past proved that they were instrumental in any victories ? Show me somewhere where these few have been proven leaders earning what they have on merit....? Hickman county has finally did the right thing in reaching out of the county and hiring somebody that will make a difference. Now there is a new School coming and the same ole good ole boys trying to get into that system, if you guys want a respectable team , it needs to be stopped.These guys may be nice guys, and you may be one of them in the running, but you owe it to your school to try to find the best candidate for the job. I would not ever compare Hickman to Dickson in football , hah.

QUOTE(mountain mafia @ Jan 22 2007 - 10:44 AM) 826340982[/snapback]

2 X EAGLE, Carlton Flatt should not even be mentioned in the same breath with the recent past coaches of Hickman County. No comparison...... a Legend compared to backwoods wanna be coaches. Face the facts, Hickman County has a great Basketball program, great Baseball program, but football..... hah, History is there, show me where any of these local Hickman County coaches of the past proved that they were instrumental in any victories ? Show me somewhere where these few have been proven leaders earning what they have on merit....? Hickman county has finally did the right thing in reaching out of the county and hiring somebody that will make a difference. Now there is a new School coming and the same ole good ole boys trying to get into that system, if you guys want a respectable team , it needs to be stopped.These guys may be nice guys, and you may be one of them in the running, but you owe it to your school to try to find the best candidate for the job. I would not ever compare Hickman to Dickson in football , hah.

PlEaSe TeLl Me WhAt Is "GrEaT" aBoUt HiCkMaN cO. bAsKeTbAlL oR bAsEbAlL...hAvE tHeY WoN aNy TiTlEs???? As FaR aS i Am CoNcErNeD tHeY aRe AlL iN tHe SaMe BoAt.....By ThE wAy.....ThE BaSeBalL AnD BaSKeTBall CoAchEs ArE fRoM HC....sO hOw DoeS tHaT sUpPoRt YoUr ThEoRy AbOuT GoOd oL' bOy CoAcHeS.....iF yOu ThInK ThOsE aRe GrEaT pRoGrAmS

Having a great program does not nessesarly mean you have to win all your games. I am not a part of this school system so i dont know the coaches, but in Basketball they beat Dickson twice this year, they almost beat Independance ,from what I see, they are right neck and neck with most of thier losses this year, they started out 8-0 , then they lost thier best player for 6 weeks from a dirty foul from some other school .The team has had several students go on to college scholarships, and whenever we see this team, all the students are well behaved, organized, and have lots of support. To me that coach works wonders with the hand he is dealt. The Schools they are playing are way bigger than then, most if not all the schools are Metro Nashville schools and Rich Franklin Schools. As for Baseball, my cousins son plays for them and the coach is dearly loved by the kids, they win games, they dont dominate,but who does? They had a coach that played in the Pro ranks for many years who gets results from the kids. He knows his stuff, i have watched him coach as well as the new head coach, they know the game, the facilities are great also. If you want to learn something about teamwork,dignity,integrity.......go see the Coaches. first you need to learn to type. Caps Lock is not to be used for every other letter, only to change from lower case to upper case.

QUOTE(mountain mafia @ Jan 22 2007 - 12:36 PM) 826341127[/snapback]

Having a great program does not nessesarly mean you have to win all your games. I am not a part of this school system so i dont know the coaches, but in Basketball they beat Dickson twice this year, they almost beat Independance ,from what I see, they are right neck and neck with most of thier losses this year, they started out 8-0 , then they lost thier best player for 6 weeks from a dirty foul from some other school .The team has had several students go on to college scholarships, and whenever we see this team, all the students are well behaved, organized, and have lots of support. To me that coach works wonders with the hand he is dealt. The Schools they are playing are way bigger than then, most if not all the schools are Metro Nashville schools and Rich Franklin Schools. As for Baseball, my cousins son plays for them and the coach is dearly loved by the kids, they win games, they dont dominate,but who does? They had a coach that played in the Pro ranks for many years who gets results from the kids. He knows his stuff, i have watched him coach as well as the new head coach, they know the game, the facilities are great also. If you want to learn something about teamwork,dignity,integrity.......go see the Coaches. first you need to learn to type. Caps Lock is not to be used for every other letter, only to change from lower case to upper case.

COACH WALLACE....is a great COACH.....and STARTING A GREAT PROGRAM......guess where he's from......HICKMAN COUNTY......homegrown......Is ThAt BeTtEr On ThE tYpInG

Well at least you can see that. I did not know his name, ( wallace) but I think they have the right guy to carry the program where it needs to be. If he came from Hickman county he was one of Smithsons students ? He was taught right ,he was taught the old school way,if he did not have the pick of the creme of the crop like some of these other schools do, he would make players out of them,that is a coach and a great program. He definetly has all the kids respect, they love him, with that said....he will get results. But we are talking about football , I see nothing positive coming from the failures of the past to lead a new school into the future. I am a neutral entity looking at the facts. If some of these good ole boys got the job it would be disaster for that school on a football level.

I was going to leave this one alone because all you want to do is flame. Well, others can play that game as well.

As BrIcK knows, we have great HC assistant coaches that come from HC that played college ball. But, as you know, the past is the past. The past doesn't matter. Only the parents of the current players remember great battle with BA and the clobbering of most of the other teams. The players have to learn to win again. Coach Swenson and the assistant coaches will teach them that.

Since you seem to know where the finalists are from, where is that? Two of them had probably only been in Hickman Co. once. That was the interview.

Besides, why do you have to keep comparing the hiring of a coach at East Hickman to anything anyone has ever done? You don't know squat about what's going. You've just heard from a cousin's, brother's, sister's, aunt's, son that goes to school here. Get involved in the new booster club or something to find out what is happening. It's like us wondering why Dickson won't play Creek Wood in basketball or football? And in baseball they get clocked by CW.

Again, who is the "good ole boys" you keep talking about? Spit some names or hang on to it.

QUOTE(couga14 @ Jan 22 2007 - 08:09 PM) 826341649[/snapback]

Just like you have no idea what is going on in Dickson, so please stop bringin DC up when it has nothing to do with Hickman and hopefully never will.

You've obviously missed the point and the fact that mafia brought it up first. I just said we didn't know what was going in in DC.

So I guess we're not going to be talking about basketball?

All the info is in the Hickman County Times, names and partial bio's .Are there any misprints ? It really does not matter to me, I just would like to see the kids get a true leader for the team, not a political cronie, who will devistate the team from the beginning. But it appears you are defending the ones from Hickman County. So what does that say ???????

QUOTE(mountain mafia @ Jan 23 2007 - 11:33 AM) 826342356[/snapback]

All the info is in the Hickman County Times, names and partial bio's .Are there any misprints ? It really does not matter to me, I just would like to see the kids get a true leader for the team, not a political cronie, who will devistate the team from the beginning. But it appears you are defending the ones from Hickman County. So what does that say ???????

Oh geez. Let's spell this out.

Nine finalists round.

Five with ties to HCHS (not EHHS).

Four with no association at all. NONE.

One still with the system.

Four finalists round.

Two from west.

One from middle.

ONE with Hickman Co. ties.

Hardly all from Hickman Co. I know nothing of their head coaching abilities. Why? None have been one. If you knew the people on the selection committee, you would understand why the final four were picked.

I asked you to predict the winner and you haven't. I now ask you who the "cronie" is?

You ask what "does it say?" It says that I am defending our school system and the selection committee. There is no "cronie-ism going on. No one that will be teaching at HCHS was on the original committee.

I have never "defended" anyone running for the job. Just tried to correct mis-information. You're keeping me VERY busy.