Who will win District 9 in AA?

ThePenguin

I would not count Pearl-Cohn out just yet... I think the FRA/Pearl Cohn game may be a dog fight. I agree that the DL/CPA game is going to be a barn burner, but I think Lipscomb will prevail. This has become a great rivalry, and a lot of fun for the students and fans. I really hope that whoever faces MLK in the final makes it a close game. The one nice thing about the tough fights in the district is that all of these teams will be better prepared if they move on to sectionals. You only get better, by playing tough competition. I'd love to see a District 9 AA team make a serious run of it at Murfreesboro. I know that all of us 9AA fans will be rooting for anyone who makes it to sectionals. I also think that DL or MLK could make a serious run for it with seniors on their roster who know this is their last chance. CPA's time is coming. The next two years... OUCH!!! Watch out...those sophomores are only going to get better and better.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might be right about Pearl, and I think everyone will be surprised, but I say MLK gets beat by either CPA or DL. I think any of these three teams could go far....but whoever looses in the Region Championship will most likely have to play LIBERTY!!!! so hopefullly our district will win region!!! My bet is on DL or CPA....even though MLK has had DL number i think they will figure out how to stop Robinson! its gonna be a fun next couple of days!

QUOTE(ThePenguin @ Feb 13 2007 - 08:22 PM) 826370728[/snapback]

You might be right about Pearl, and I think everyone will be surprised, but I say MLK gets beat by either CPA or DL. I think any of these three teams could go far....but whoever looses in the Region Championship will most likely have to play LIBERTY!!!! so hopefullly our district will win region!!! My bet is on DL or CPA....even though MLK has had DL number i think they will figure out how to stop Robinson! its gonna be a fun next couple of days!

You may be right Penguin about DL or CPA getting MLK's number. DL had some key players missing the last game, so I am sure they are ready for some revenge in the district. It's tough, because I think it almost may be a mental thing at this point. MLK is so unpredictable. If CPA stays out of foul trouble, and they have Z sitting with less than two fouls going into the fourth quarter, they could be pretty dangerous. I agree... whoever prevails, they will have their hands full with Liberty. I love the tournament, because all these teams that have not faced each other get a true test, and we see who had the tougher district games to prepare them.

QUOTE(Morton @ Feb 13 2007 - 11:15 PM) 826370817[/snapback]

You may be right Penguin about DL or CPA getting MLK's number.

CPA has beaten MLK 2 of 3 games this year and the game they lost had Mason in street clothes due to an injury. This should be a great tourney. Too bad it is at the HS gym. Too small and parking a mess.

QUOTE(FBGIRL @ Feb 13 2007 - 09:21 PM) 826370825[/snapback]

CPA has beaten MLK 2 of 3 games this year and the game they lost had Mason in street clothes due to an injury. This should be a great tourney. Too bad it is at the HS gym. Too small and parking a mess.

Parking is definitely a mess. I have learned some tricks... The church next door usually has some parking, and the side streets facing Granny White Pike also usually have parallel parking, and they are used to the cars from football season. There are no 'no parking' sign With the DL Univeristy students in session, I cannot say parking at the Arena would be much better.

QUOTE(Morton @ Feb 13 2007 - 09:26 PM) 826370842[/snapback]

Parking is definitely a mess. I have learned some tricks... The church next door usually has some parking, and the side streets facing Granny White Pike also usually have parallel parking, and they are used to the cars from football season. There are no 'no parking' sign With the DL Univeristy students in session, I cannot say parking at the Arena would be much better.

Here's a tip on parking - directly across the street from the church (east side of Granny White Pike) is a 100+ car parking lot. The church is happy for folks to use it and it is less than a 100 yd. walk from there to the gym. The parking spaces are ample and you don't have to worry about getting towed for parking in a fire lane or on a side street where there ARE no parking signs. Not only are the university students on campus, but there are several big events on Thursday and Friday nights, so the church lot is your best bet.

QUOTE(aauboy @ Feb 14 2007 - 10:18 PM) 826372419[/snapback]

I'll take Pearl Cohn, Hume Fogg, and Lipscomb.

Lipscomb wins district and Region. Maybe even state.

HAHAHAHAHAHA...noway on earth CPA looses tomorrow night at home to Hume Fog!!! and in order for DL to win State let alone win region....they will need a miracle....not one thats easily found either!!