Can Grace Christian win them all

big blue player

Well it looks like grace sure handled rockwood. Was that game closer than the score or was it a 20 point game all night..??

Maybe grace got the tigers good and tired for The Eagles tonight.

We were able to rest the starters against Greenback.

Was grace able to do the same to get ready for harriman..??

I would kinda like to see them come in to The Eagles Nest undefeated

(talk about a great atmosphere) but I want to see the district tighten up too.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What tournament has Grace played in?? Even if your schedule is weak, you can still get into some good tournaments and played better teams! Take Union City for example...they could be undeated right now...might could even run the table for the entire season. But they have competed in some great tournaments. They lost 3 games in those 2 tournament. Grace should atleast push theirselves to play better teams. Its better to be battle tested come tournament time, rather than just have an undefeated record playing no one

QUOTE(DWADE @ Jan 27 2007 - 02:59 PM) 826348243[/snapback]

What tournament has Grace played in?? Even if your schedule is weak, you can still get into some good tournaments and played better teams! Take Union City for example...they could be undeated right now...might could even run the table for the entire season. But they have competed in some great tournaments. They lost 3 games in those 2 tournament. Grace should atleast push theirselves to play better teams. Its better to be battle tested come tournament time, rather than just have an undefeated record playing no one

Why would Grace play in hard tournaments? They have no reason to. This team is only in their third year of existence. They’ve never had a winning season, and they don’t have any seniors. They had no idea they would have this much success... Would you take a fledgling team and try to put them in the Arby’s Classic or the City of Palms tournament or even the Best of Preps tournament in Chattanooga??? No, and its ludicrous to come on here and criticize there coach for a weak schedule 2/3’s of the way through the season…. And also, they went up to Union County, and beat them on their own floor in their own tournament… And Pigeon Forge couldn’t even beat Union County in Maynardville…. So get off this team’s back alittle……… Trying to compare what Union City does for tournaments and what a team in there third year ever does for tournaments is ridicules.

QUOTE(Rangerbook06 @ Jan 28 2007 - 05:35 PM) 826349458[/snapback]

With the win over Harriman, looks like Grace has pretty much sealed up that top seed for districts, which means a trip to the regionals.

Really got to give Grace their props....They've beaten Cosby, Rockwood, and Harriman, all of which are well-coached teams.....plus Union Co is a pretty good AA this year...they are for real in single A.....

QUOTE(chill @ Jan 28 2007 - 11:12 PM) 826349835[/snapback]

Really got to give Grace their props....They've beaten Cosby, Rockwood, and Harriman, all of which are well-coached teams.....plus Union Co is a pretty good AA this year...they are for real in single A.....

It will be interesting to see how well they do in the district and region tournaments with the pressure on and the huge crowds.

The Eagles will be ready for the game on 2/2 but they have 3 games

between now and then. Coach Flatford won't let them look ahead I hope.

Anybody have any idea what the enrollment is at Grace...??

It isn't listed on the TSSAA site. Wonder if they will get enough

students that the 1.5 multiplier will affect them anytime in the future.

From what I hear, they sure put the $$ in to building 1st class athletic facilities.

QUOTE(justie129 @ Jan 29 2007 - 12:02 AM) 826349881[/snapback]

Grace only has about 150 in it's high school.

Thanks. They would have to double that before they got close to AA enrollment

I meant to ask in my earlier post. I thought somebody posted here that there aren't any seniors at Grace yet. Did I imagine that...???

Does that include the ballplayers and/or transfers..??

QUOTE(CosbyEagle @ Jan 29 2007 - 12:26 AM) 826349899[/snapback]

I meant to ask in my earlier post. I thought somebody posted here that there aren't any seniors at Grace yet. Did I imagine that...???

Grace is graduating their third class this year but their are no seniors on the basketball team.

QUOTE(Rangerbook06 @ Jan 27 2007 - 02:17 PM) 826348264[/snapback]

Why would Grace play in hard tournaments? They have no reason to. This team is only in their third year of existence. They’ve never had a winning season, and they don’t have any seniors. They had no idea they would have this much success... Would you take a fledgling team and try to put them in the Arby’s Classic or the City of Palms tournament or even the Best of Preps tournament in Chattanooga??? No, and its ludicrous to come on here and criticize there coach for a weak schedule 2/3’s of the way through the season…. And also, they went up to Union County, and beat them on their own floor in their own tournament… And Pigeon Forge couldn’t even beat Union County in Maynardville…. So get off this team’s back alittle……… Trying to compare what Union City does for tournaments and what a team in there third year ever does for tournaments is ridicules.

DWADE was just trying to make the point that Grace should have scheduled some teams to play that would probably beat them. .........Maybe they should have even scheduled some teams like Humboldt, Lake County, or Union City.

QUOTE(CosbyEagle @ Jan 29 2007 - 12:26 AM) 826349899[/snapback]

Grace will never be a AA school I graduated from there and played bball and fball there last year. They simply have no room for the amount of kids that it would require to become one. yes they just built the new high school but since they are built on church property they will not be able to grow beyond that.