East Ridge @ CSAS

THELEGEND

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CSAS looks like they are playing better. I haven't seen Howard play, but I know they are ranked #5 in AA and just beat Brainerd by about 20 so if CSAS only lost by 5 thats pretty good. We have Temple tonight and I would be happy to think we could play them that close. We will be at CSAS on Saturday. Maybe if they beat East Ridge they won't be worrying about us!

I have been a little hesitant to say anything positive about the Patriots, but I can see them starting to get really close to being the type of team that will take care of business in the post-season. The game at Grace was dominated by CSAS for three quarters and then their fourth quarter showed that they were still not quite there yet. Last night at Howard, the gameplan was good and other than missing TEN FREE THROWS by normally steady performers it was a solid effort against the best team in Chattanooga! Some changes are still being made by the coaches and the Patriots will continue to improve. Grace and Temple had better not make their reservations in Murphreesboro just yet!

QUOTE(dat-boy @ Jan 23 2007 - 12:41 PM) 826342374[/snapback]

d.ricks didn't play much of the game, if he was to play the whole game they would have lost by twenty

I don't know about that. Howard really had trouble attacking the defense the whole first half in which Ricks played the whole time.

QUOTE(global98 @ Jan 23 2007 - 01:16 PM) 826342433[/snapback]

If he didn't play as much in the second half it was because he was not being successful against the Patriot zone and his coach put him out and someone in!

Lets remember that I am the altimate Hustlin Tiger fan but they are not as good as they were in the begining. They beat CSAS by 30 earlier but this past game they didnt have Taylor and Ricks didnt play well but like I always state good teams find a way to win and they couldnt find a way but their coach rotates players to much and dont let them get a chance to get comfortable

QUOTE(t-mac @ Jan 23 2007 - 01:30 PM) 826342459[/snapback]

Lets remember that I am the altimate Hustlin Tiger fan but they are not as good as they were in the begining. They beat CSAS by 30 earlier but this past game they didnt have Taylor and Ricks didnt play well but like I always state good teams find a way to win and they couldnt find a way but their coach rotates players to much and dont let them get a chance to get comfortable

That is just excuses. I am not taking anything away from Howard because they are the best in the city, but CSAS let that one slip way.

QUOTE(THELEGEND @ Jan 23 2007 - 01:50 PM) 826342484[/snapback]

That is just excuses. I am not taking anything away from Howard because they are the best in the city, but CSAS let that one slip way.

Whats been up Legend(the ultimate Howard Hater). All that matters is th eWIN. Howard is a team who would ever expect a sophmore to lead them to the win. Howard is playing shorthanded and their coach even said that they are only 5 strong but just like the song goes. "Everybody knows, almost doesnt count." But its a sport and anyone can win on any given night. Hixson should have beat Howard the 1st game and everyone knew they would beat them the second game but howard won another close one Its basketball and people have bad games, Ricks only had 3 points