Brentwood in 2007

mvs_bwood

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Priorities for the Bruins in offseason/spring:

1. Find a stud QB who can get the ball downfield, which will allow them to have a more balanced offense.

2. Find some guys who want to play defense with an attitude, particularly at LB.

3. Cull out the "participants" on the team who think the most important thing that happens on Friday nights is they get to go party after the game.

4. Develop leadership that understands what it means to lead; who learn that only through commitment and sacrifice can you find success; and that understand the standard that has been set and that they are being held to was earned- and will not be given to them because of the name on the front of their jerseys, or what other teams and players accomplished.

It is THEIR legacy that is on the line.

QUOTE(lmsaint79 @ Jan 27 2007 - 09:12 AM) 826347961[/snapback]

I think Brentwood High is goin all the way to state next year......They got huge returnees in Sam Mcgaw, Chris Rash, and Alex Brown......Bryan Doster is THE X factor.....just wait and see for the BWOOD bruins goin 15-0.....and the team is very entusiastic about this year

I am interested by the fact that you point out Mcgaw, Brown, and Doster (I don't see Rash listed on the roster at all in 06). All three players are sophs, but didn't see much, if any, playing time last season. Meanwhile, there were three sophs that saw significant playing time that you failed to mention. These players show tremendous promise as leaders for the team in 07. If they work on strength and speed in the off season, a return to the playoffs is imminent, and from there...