Brentwood in 2007

mvs_bwood

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Feb 1 2007 - 09:07 AM) 826354345[/snapback]

As recruiting co-ordinator for the Bruins, I have sole power over how and where I send my message. I just state the facts, a little opinion, and let the prospects decide for themselves. If that doesn't work; well I have a bunch of Italian Friends who do contract work, if you catch my drift.

Matt is being looked at by a number of DIII schools. No football scholly of course, but there are academic grants and scholarships that make it easier to play football. Similar to how the Ivy's work.

For those of us who saw the Bruins go through games with 3 passes attempted, to the Jack Ball era (where in one game ZERO run attempts was the stat), to the most recent addition where the running game was dominant, it is an offense built around the abilities of the QB. Matt was a very good wide receiver asked to play QB. McCurdy was a running back/LB asked to play QB.

They really could use a true QB.

I know no intent was intended, only wishful thinking. What team wouldn't like to have a hot young gunslinger (please apply from within)? I was just looking for a reaction to see if you stay cool under investigated pressure. If you want to send your Italian buddies over to Amerigo, I’ll let them buy dinner for by Sicilian brothers.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can't have ours!!!!

Sonny Gray at Smyrna

You are correct brentwood needs a true qb

I was very impressed with their tb last yr he ran hard every play but they did not have much of a pass threat

Whittemore may have been the best I saw in high school till --------------------------

Sonny. They are very similar in their styles and always seemed to know when to run and how to find the open receiver.

Truth is you take sonny off Smyrna and put him on the other team in most games they would win.

Look forward to playing brentwood next yr they were young last yr and should be better.

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Jan 27 2007 - 11:50 AM) 826348109[/snapback]

Ravenwood will be taking the Wood's Trophy.

nope, sorry dude. brentwood is taking it via a shutout.

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Feb 1 2007 - 04:00 PM) 826354845[/snapback]

He's taking his redshirt year at a prep school in New England.

he transfered to murray state in kentucky where he will start at safety.

QUOTE(mvs_bwood @ Feb 6 2007 - 08:17 AM) 826360183[/snapback]

What does the QB position look like now? Barring any transfers, who can we expect to be taking the snaps in August?

and the new QB will probably be austin hall or drew fancher, whoever wins the battle in the spring. both are pretty good. smyrna week 1 will be a good game.

QUOTE(Texas is the Real UT @ Feb 7 2007 - 10:46 AM) 826361980[/snapback]

nope, sorry dude. brentwood is taking it via a shutout.

he transfered to murray state in kentucky where he will start at safety.

and the new QB will probably be austin hall or drew fancher, whoever wins the battle in the spring. both are pretty good. smyrna week 1 will be a good game.

Strong words for someone who is ignorant to the fact the real UT is in Knoxville.

Brentwood will be going to Ravenwood house this year with a rookie QB. Sounds like fun for the "Raptors Darkside Defense".

With a Rookie QB, it will be tough but not impossible to pull a win out against Smyrna.

QUOTE(5A football fan @ Feb 8 2007 - 12:16 PM) 826363554[/snapback]

raptors darkside defense.. did anyone besides me go to the state championship game?

One out of two in the past two years is not too shabby of a record. What is the Red Raiders since the creation of 5A? Smyrna has the bragging rights for this year and I can understand comments as such from the Bulldogs but the Coffee County Red Raiders?

QUOTE(trubluebruinfan @ Feb 8 2007 - 01:30 PM) 826363669[/snapback]

Hah!!! dream on!!! it stays where it lays..... with the bruins!!!!!

I was lurking around the Bruins Gym during a basketball game on the weekend. Where do they hide it? I was going to tell it not to worry, it will be back home soon in the comforts of Ravenwood.

It is a very impressive trophy. It's a football carved out of wood and polished, sitting on a pedestal base. I forgot history of the origin of the wood to carve the ball but one of the trees in the community gave its dear life for it. It is much, much more impressive than the $20 dollar piece of tin plate gold trophy the state hands out at the championship game.

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Feb 8 2007 - 01:17 PM) 826363648[/snapback]

One out of two in the past two years is not too shabby of a record. What is the Red Raiders since the creation of 5A? Smyrna has the bragging rights for this year and I can understand comments as such from the Bulldogs but the Coffee County Red Raiders?

Smyrna scored almost as many on you as they did on us and we held them to 10 points in the first half.. I'm not saying anything about how good we are just that I wouldn't be talking about a darkside defense when smyrna scored 35 points on you in the championship game.

I don't have a dog in the fight the only reason I like Brentwood is because of coach Crawford. I was actually pulling for Ravenwood in the title game...But, you lost to Brentwood in 2006 and they were very, very young and inexperienced this year they will be twice as good what makes you think the outcome will be any different?