Munford 4-real or 4-rent

WestTnVols

QUOTE(berighton @ Feb 6 2007 - 10:03 AM) 826360316[/snapback]

That's kind of what I was thinking. Isn't there someone named westtnoff (I don't remember it exactly) who is always on here explaining and defending Randle's actions? Where is he now?

Had missed the latest few days. (Had to work you know). In fact, I thought this whole HC-Munford thing had been laid to rest ( and I liked the way in which I thought it would end with the Yanker's quips) but evidently somebody, somewhere can't! Let me correct you on one thing. I have not been defending anyone!! If something is wrong and I know of it, I have no problem saying so whether it be Randall or anyone else. I have simply made an attempt to give an explanation to several questions that I happen to have first-hand knowledge of. Now as to the question of whether the Madisons are still in Munford..I know for a fact that the family moved back to Memphis. As to the reasons, I don't know. I can tell you however the latest rumors that seem to be flying around West Tennessee. The latest is that Munford is supposedly bringing in 10 players now out of Memphis. I talked to one of the assistant coaches at the grocery store last week, and when I told him about this latest rumor, he simply laughed and asked " Why only 10"? In fact he went on to say that someone from ----- county had called the school's athletic director and inquired as to the validity of this latest rumor. You know that all this yammering back and forth reminds me a lot of the old Clay-Liston fights. Could this be a ruse to perhaps have huge gates when these teams get together and the end result being Munford and HC laugh all the way to the bank? Not a bad play.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(wtnoff @ Feb 7 2007 - 08:45 AM) 826361763[/snapback]

Had missed the latest few days. (Had to work you know). In fact, I thought this whole HC-Munford thing had been laid to rest ( and I liked the way in which I thought it would end with the Yanker's quips) but evidently somebody, somewhere can't! Let me correct you on one thing. I have not been defending anyone!! If something is wrong and I know of it, I have no problem saying so whether it be Randall or anyone else. I have simply made an attempt to give an explanation to several questions that I happen to have first-hand knowledge of. Now as to the question of whether the Madisons are still in Munford..I know for a fact that the family moved back to Memphis. As to the reasons, I don't know. I can tell you however the latest rumors that seem to be flying around West Tennessee. The latest is that Munford is supposedly bringing in 10 players now out of Memphis. I talked to one of the assistant coaches at the grocery store last week, and when I told him about this latest rumor, he simply laughed and asked " Why only 10"? In fact he went on to say that someone from ----- county had called the school's athletic director and inquired as to the validity of this latest rumor. You know that all this yammering back and forth reminds me a lot of the old Clay-Liston fights. Could this be a ruse to perhaps have huge gates when these teams get together and the end result being Munford and HC laugh all the way to the bank? Not a bad play.

The YANKER wants to meet with you and let's come up with the compromise of all compromises to end this foolishness. I assume for some reason that you are in the Memphis area and I am in Jackson. Let's meet in Brownsville wherever you say. This is of such extreme urgency that the YANKER proposes that we each leave immediately and both of us should put on diapers so we don't waste time stopping. If Brownsville does not work for you, carry a load of diapers and we can meet in Lewiston, Maine. I AM THE YANKER!!!!! This MADNESS must end!!!!!!

I do not care about who has called whom. I do care about the integrity of the TSSAA and the integrity of the competition between schools in football and all sports. I will continue to say the same thing that I have been saying and that is that this stinks. If these kids had transferred from Melrose to Henry County and then went back to Melrose after the season, then that stinks. If they transferred from Henry County to play for Melrose and came back to Henry County after the season, then that stinks. If this has been done legally, then the rules stink. You should be willing to admit that. That doen't mean that any coach at Munford did anything wrong, although they could have. The integrity of the TSSAA and the sport of football in Tennessee is at stake. If anyone can just pick up and move to play for any given school and then move back to where they came from after the season, then our system is severely flawed. That 's what I believe and I can't imagine how anyone could disagree with that.

If the rumor turns out to be true (before you and Yanker get things under control), let me know. I will get my real estate license and move to Munford myself.

QUOTE(realredpride @ Feb 7 2007 - 11:03 AM) 826362009[/snapback]

If the rumor turns out to be true (before you and Yanker get things under control), let me know. I will get my real estate license and move to Munford myself.

So you are on the move my "Rumorfulling-Munfordable-Licensefully-Transferably Licensed" friend. The YANKER and JCM will be laughing all the way to the Region Title!! JCM wins the region! JCM wins the region! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!

QUOTE(Red Warrior @ Feb 7 2007 - 10:58 AM) 826362002[/snapback]

I do not care about who has called whom. I do care about the integrity of the TSSAA and the integrity of the competition between schools in football and all sports. I will continue to say the same thing that I have been saying and that is that this stinks. If these kids had transferred from Melrose to Henry County and then went back to Melrose after the season, then that stinks. If they transferred from Henry County to play for Melrose and came back to Henry County after the season, then that stinks. If this has been done legally, then the rules stink. You should be willing to admit that. That doen't mean that any coach at Munford did anything wrong, although they could have. The integrity of the TSSAA and the sport of football in Tennessee is at stake. If anyone can just pick up and move to play for any given school and then move back to where they came from after the season, then our system is severely flawed. That 's what I believe and I can't imagine how anyone could disagree with that.

The tssaa takes this possibility into consideration. The rule would make any student transferring from school A to school B ineligible unless there was a LEGITIMATE change of address. (The entire household must move-the prior resident must be disposed of, or put up for sale/power must be off, mail delivered to the new address, furniture moved out, etc.) If these requirements are met, the student-athlete becomes eligible as long as the other criteria,(grades, etc) are met. If for whatever reason the student leaves school B and returns to school A that student is ineligible for 12 months (the tssaa refers to this as the A-B-A rule). Now, the only way that the student returning to school B can be eligible is if the address that is used to re-enroll the student in school B is a different one than the one that he/she originally used to enroll. Remember that the school district is responsible for determining the validity of addressess, etc. If the school district determines the infromation provided by the parent/guardian is correct then the student will become eligible for all athletic competetions immediately.

QUOTE(Red Warrior @ Feb 7 2007 - 10:58 AM) 826362002[/snapback]

The tssaa takes this possibility into consideration. The rule would make any student transferring from school A to school B ineligible unless there was a LEGITIMATE change of address. (The entire household must move-the prior residence must be disposed of, or put up for sale/power must be off, mail delivered to the new address, furniture moved out, etc.) If these requirements are met, the student-athlete becomes eligible as long as the other criteria,(grades, etc) are met. If for whatever reason the student leaves school B and returns to school A that student is ineligible for 12 months (the tssaa refers to this as the A-B-A rule). Now, the only way that the student returning to school B can be eligible is if the address that is used to re-enroll the student in school B is a different one than the one that he/she originally used to enroll. Remember that the school district is responsible for determining the validity of addressess, etc. If the school district determines the infromation provided by the parent/guardian is correct then the student will become eligible for all athletic competetions immediately.

My question is how in the world does a student handle all this transfering in the classroom,surely it has to be a problem,and I would think that the parents could see this.If the coach did talk to the player and parents before the transfer,shame on him but more shame on the parents of this young man for allowing all this to go on.

QUOTE(hchsfootballplayer @ Feb 8 2007 - 09:51 AM) 826363316[/snapback]

Munford is for rent!! I can be just a good a coach as Munfords..just let me recruit my players from the Memphis area. I can't wait to see the new bunch they have coming this year. Maybe they can work out a deal for Terrel Owens.

Last rule reply. It is illegal for a coach to contact the parent(s) of any athlete or an athlete for the specific purpose of inducing that athlete to transfer for athletic reasons, whatever they may be. IF a parent considers transferring a student-athlete to another school then first contact with the school should come from the parent. Athletic departments that make every effort to protect themselves from charges of recruitment (if contacted by a parent or an athlete) will first recommend that the parents meet with the academic personnel of the school prior to talking to any member of the athletic department. This eliminates the accusations of transferring for athletic reasons. Also, I will remind all these self-righteous, rules -conscience people that have nothing else to do except complain, that another scenario that completely satisfies the "transfer rule for athletic purposes" is that there is no question whatsoever if the student is transferring from a state "targeted" school to a "non-targeted" school that the purpose of the transfer shall be deemed for "academic reasons" first and foremost. Schools like Munford as well as others can expect transfers from large metropolitan areas with the above mentioned scenario. Now, you be honest with me and everyone reading this (and one of the people I'm referring to is the 35 year career coach that has determined the ethical code of conduct of coaches). "Would you deny any athlete the opportunity to play for and compete for your school if a parent contacted school personnel and satisfied all transfer rule requirements that govern athletic eligibility?" Answer that question honestly! If your answer is yes, then take off the robe and lay down the gavel and let's don't be so judgmental.

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE(wtnoff @ Feb 8 2007 - 06:40 PM) 826364159[/snapback]Last rule reply. It is illegal for a coach to contact the parent(s) of any athlete or an athlete for the specific purpose of inducing that athlete to transfer for athletic reasons, whatever they may be. IF a parent considers transferring a student-athlete to another school then first contact with the school should come from the parent. Athletic departments that make every effort to protect themselves from charges of recruitment (if contacted by a parent or an athlete) will first recommend that the parents meet with the academic personnel of the school prior to talking to any member of the athletic department. This eliminates the accusations of transferring for athletic reasons. Also, I will remind all these self-righteous, rules -conscience people that have nothing else to do except complain, that another scenario that completely satisfies the "transfer rule for athletic purposes" is that there is no question whatsoever if the student is transferring from a state "targeted" school to a "non-targeted" school that the purpose of the transfer shall be deemed for "academic reasons" first and foremost. Schools like Munford as well as others can expect transfers from large metropolitan areas with the above mentioned scenario. Now, you be honest with me and everyone reading this (and one of the people I'm referring to is the 35 year career coach that has determined the ethical code of conduct of coaches). "Would you deny any athlete the opportunity to play for and compete for your school if a parent contacted school personnel and satisfied all transfer rule requirements that govern athletic eligibility?" Answer that question honestly! If your answer is yes, then take off the robe and lay down the gavel and let's don't be so judgmental.

I am the self-righteous, rules-conscious, 35 year career coach, who has determined the ethical code of conduct for coaches, to which you refer. I do not need the rules explained to me since I have coached for an entire career and most of my lifetime. As far as your argument about transferring for academic reasons, my question would be "did academics suddenly go bad in Munford when the season ended, forcing those students back to Melrose to enhance their educational opportunities"? I would not deny any athlete to play for my school when I coached, if the parents contacted the school and the TSSAA rules had been followed. I am simply saying that the rules stink that allow players to transfer to play any sport for the season and then move back where they came from when the season ends. The fact that you will not agree with that makes me think that you coach at Munford, which is fine, but I think most coaches would have to agree with my position unless they had been the recipient of such talented players coming over just for the season. It is good to be back talking football again, even if it is about this rotten and ridiculous mess.

QUOTE(Red Warrior @ Mar 8 2007 - 08:52 AM) 826404515[/snapback]I am the self-righteous, rules-conscious, 35 year career coach, who has determined the ethical code of conduct for coaches, to which you refer. I do not need the rules explained to me since I have coached for an entire career and most of my lifetime. As far as your argument about transferring for academic reasons, my question would be "did academics suddenly go bad in Munford when the season ended, forcing those students back to Melrose to enhance their educational opportunities"? I would not deny any athlete to play for my school when I coached, if the parents contacted the school and the TSSAA rules had been followed. I am simply saying that the rules stink that allow players to transfer to play any sport for the season and then move back where they came from when the season ends. The fact that you will not agree with that makes me think that you coach at Munford, which is fine, but I think most coaches would have to agree with my position unless they had been the recipient of such talented players coming over just for the season. It is good to be back talking football again, even if it is about this rotten and ridiculous mess.

The YANKER proposes that a Special Prosecuter be appointed and he should be armed with the power of the Grand Jury. Those involved in any way, shape, or form, must testify and we will get to the bottom of all of this.