How would user's rank the Regions in strenth?

MatKat

QUOTE(BayouBear @ Jan 29 2007 - 11:38 AM) 826350292[/snapback]

It's a good question and hard to answer before we see the State Duals Brackets but I will take a shot.

Number 1

Reg 3 Champ ---Bradley, (also maybe Reg 3 Runnerup - Cleveland)

Reg 4 Champ ---Soddy, Area 2 Champ - Notre Dame, (also maybe Reg 4 Runnerup - Ooltewah)

If there are no upsets, Bradley and Soddy should meet in the finals in AAA. I expect Ooltewah to get by Cleveland to advance and has a very good shot at a 4th place finish. In the AA-A Division, A well coached Notre Dame team could squeeze by Seymour for the AA-A championship.

Number 2

3-Reg 6 Champ ---Franklin, Reg 6 Runnerup ---Ravenwood

Franklin will bring a lineup that could produce a couple of State Champions plus several placewinners. These guys are not to be overlooked and have the fire power to pulll an upset over Soddy or Bradley depending on the brackets. Ravenwood makes it 2nd trip to the State Duals.

Number 3

4-Reg 1 Champ ---Greeneville, (also maybe Reg 1 Runnerup - Science Hill)

Greeneville brings a great lineup led by potential State Champion Caleb Myers. They have the horsepower to give any of the above teams all they want. Look for the Greeneville to wrestle Franklin for 3rd if the brackets are kind.

Number 4

Reg 2 Champ ---Maryville, Area 1 Champ - Seymour, (also maybe Reg 2 Runnerup - William Blount)

Reg 9 Champ ---Clarksville, Area 4 Champ - Sycamore

Reg 10 Champ ---Colliervillle, Reg 10 Runnerup ---Cordova

This group must hope for a favorable 1st round match and a good draw in the consolations. They will need Greeneville and and Franklin to be on the same side of the consolation bracket. If that happens, any one of the three teams could finish 4th. Reg 2 will also be represented by the AA-A favorite Seymour.

Number 5

7-Reg 8 Champ ---Hendersonville, Reg 8 Runnerup ---Springfield

9-Reg 5 Champ ---Tullahoma, (also maybe Reg 5 Runnerup - Warren Co)

Both Hendersonville and Tullahoma will bring teams with the potential to win a first round match and a couple of matches in the consolations. They will need favorable draws. The first trip to the State Duals is very difficult for young wrestlers.

Number 6

10-Reg 7 Champ ---Glencliff, (also maybe Reg 7 Runnerup - Antioch), Area 3 Champ - ELM

Glencliff will be making its' 1st trip to the State Duals. If ELM gets a favorable draw and lands opposite Notre Dame and Seymour, expect to see them in the AA-A final against Seymour.

Man, BB is on top of his stuff!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BayouBear @ Jan 29 2007 - 04:21 PM) 826350552[/snapback]

maj - The additional teams added to the AAA State Duals plus the AA-A division at the Duals has helped Tennessee. What we all would like to see is growth of wrestling across the state. In just our area, there is talk of programs starting at Meigs Co. HS and Polk Co. HS. It can be debated that the dominance of Bradley, Soddy and Cleveland has stunted the growth of wrestling in the outlying areas. The simple addition of the AA-A State Duals now gives those schools a real chance. But be realistic, it will be many moons before they will be able to taste the fare in Clarksville. However, if the traditional tournament were split like the Duals I sincerely believe there would new programs springing up all over.

By any measure, wrestling is more popular in NC (4 divisions) and GA (5 divisions). The statistics are available from the NFHS. Granted, it's a fan dream to find the 14 best wrestlers in the state, but it's not the best thing for wrestling.

There has been verifiable growth in wrestling since the DI/DII split. I do not believe this is a coincidence.

BB- thanks for posting. I really can't come up with a credible argument to dispute your opinions so I will take a bit of time to digest your points. I suspect we agree on 95% of this discussion and I know we both want to see wrestling grow in TN. Tactics may differ slightly but the goal remains the same.

Good luck to you and yours in Clarksville.

QUOTE(maj @ Jan 29 2007 - 08:13 PM) 826350827[/snapback]

BB- thanks for posting. I really can't come up with a credible argument to dispute your opinions so I will take a bit of time to digest your points. I suspect we agree on 95% of this discussion and I know we both want to see wrestling grow in TN. Tactics may differ slightly but the goal remains the same.

Good luck to you and yours in Clarksville.

Remember most sports have multiple champions. Track and field, tennis,and all other individual sports have multiple champions in multiple divisions. I think letting more kids say they are winners is rewarding to the kids. It creates more winners and with that comes more proud parents.

thanks

QUOTE(BayouBear @ Jan 29 2007 - 11:38 AM) 826350292[/snapback]

It's a good question and hard to answer before we see the State Duals Brackets but I will take a shot.

Number 1

Reg 3 Champ ---Bradley, (also maybe Reg 3 Runnerup - Cleveland)

Reg 4 Champ ---Soddy, Area 2 Champ - Notre Dame, (also maybe Reg 4 Runnerup - Ooltewah)

If there are no upsets, Bradley and Soddy should meet in the finals in AAA. I expect Ooltewah to get by Cleveland to advance and has a very good shot at a 4th place finish. In the AA-A Division, A well coached Notre Dame team could squeeze by Seymour for the AA-A championship.

Number 2

3-Reg 6 Champ ---Franklin, Reg 6 Runnerup ---Ravenwood

Franklin will bring a lineup that could produce a couple of State Champions plus several placewinners. These guys are not to be overlooked and have the fire power to pulll an upset over Soddy or Bradley depending on the brackets. Ravenwood makes it 2nd trip to the State Duals.

Number 3

4-Reg 1 Champ ---Greeneville, (also maybe Reg 1 Runnerup - Science Hill)

Greeneville brings a great lineup led by potential State Champion Caleb Myers. They have the horsepower to give any of the above teams all they want. Look for the Greeneville to wrestle Franklin for 3rd if the brackets are kind.

Number 4

Reg 2 Champ ---Maryville, Area 1 Champ - Seymour, (also maybe Reg 2 Runnerup - William Blount)

Reg 9 Champ ---Clarksville, Area 4 Champ - Sycamore

Reg 10 Champ ---Colliervillle, Reg 10 Runnerup ---Cordova

This group must hope for a favorable 1st round match and a good draw in the consolations. They will need Greeneville and and Franklin to be on the same side of the consolation bracket. If that happens, any one of the three teams could finish 4th. Reg 2 will also be represented by the AA-A favorite Seymour.

Number 5

7-Reg 8 Champ ---Hendersonville, Reg 8 Runnerup ---Springfield

9-Reg 5 Champ ---Tullahoma, (also maybe Reg 5 Runnerup - Warren Co)

Both Hendersonville and Tullahoma will bring teams with the potential to win a first round match and a couple of matches in the consolations. They will need favorable draws. The first trip to the State Duals is very difficult for young wrestlers.

Number 6

10-Reg 7 Champ ---Glencliff, (also maybe Reg 7 Runnerup - Antioch), Area 3 Champ - ELM

Glencliff will be making its' 1st trip to the State Duals. If ELM gets a favorable draw and lands opposite Notre Dame and Seymour, expect to see them in the AA-A final against Seymour.

No disrespect to Greenville or Maryville but I know for a fact that we (Tullahoma) can wrestle with either of those 2 teams because we have done it. We lost a close match to Greenville early in the season and also lost a close match, I think in the range of 5 to 9 points against Maryville losing a couple of close matches that could have gone either way and if they would have we would have won. Our team is working harder than ever now that we have earned our first trip to the state duals and first region championship ever, and I believe if the teams come in overlooking Tullahoma they might be suprised in the outcome of the match. Well, Good Luck to everyone at the duals, at regions, and at state. Also, look out the Wildcats are hungry!!!

QUOTE(THS215SMITH @ Feb 1 2007 - 12:02 AM) 826354148[/snapback]

No disrespect to Greenville or Maryville but I know for a fact that we (Tullahoma) can wrestle with either of those 2 teams because we have done it. We lost a close match to Greenville early in the season and also lost a close match, I think in the range of 5 to 9 points against Maryville losing a couple of close matches that could have gone either way and if they would have we would have won. Our team is working harder than ever now that we have earned our first trip to the state duals and first region championship ever, and I believe if the teams come in overlooking Tullahoma they might be suprised in the outcome of the match. Well, Good Luck to everyone at the duals, at regions, and at state. Also, look out the Wildcats are hungry!!!

Good luck Cory. This is also an excellent oppurtunity to feel out some other wrestlers that you may not have an oppurtunity to wrestle during the season. Just gives you an idea of who the better competition is going to be.

QUOTE(CoachBray @ Feb 1 2007 - 08:34 AM) 826354305[/snapback]

Good luck Cory. This is also an excellent oppurtunity to feel out some other wrestlers that you may not have an oppurtunity to wrestle during the season. Just gives you an idea of who the better competition is going to be.

Thanks alot Coach Bray, and I was just wondering what school do you coach at?

QUOTE(THS215SMITH @ Feb 1 2007 - 01:02 AM) 826354148[/snapback]

you just proved the point he was trying to make. your team may be able to wrestle with them, but didn't beat them. This is like college football, even if you almost beat a team it's still losing and in the minds of the people making the rankings based on what they think you still lost. I'm not discrediting that you can't wrestle with them or even beat them. the person that ranked the regions doesnt think your region is as strong as some of the others. The only thing you can do now is prove them wrong.