Whiners are us room. Choked or not choked.

hrdcrwrestler

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hrdcrwrestler @ Jan 31 2007 - 11:59 AM) 826352961[/snapback]

Complain all you want in this room about being choked or not. Just remember complaining usually means you lost. learn from it and advance!!!!!

WHAT? ALL THE KIND WORDS ON THE OTHER THREAD...NOW THIS? LOW...OH WELL AT LEAST THE REF CAUGHT IT....I DIDN'T REALIZE MIDDLE SCHOOL WRESTLING WAS BECOMING THE UFC!

QUOTE(humphreyssm @ Jan 31 2007 - 10:03 AM) 826352966[/snapback]

WHAT? ALL THE KIND WORDS ON THE OTHER THREAD...NOW THIS? LOW...OH WELL AT LEAST THE REF CAUGHT IT....I DIDN'T REALIZE MIDDLE SCHOOL WRESTLING WAS BECOMING THE UFC!

I was not getting involved with this, but I must admit the ref also caught coaches in the corner smirking as submission holds and threatened potential injury was executed as a method to win. The smirks continued even after the ref stopped the action. Very interesting, but the best teams still won!!

I guess anything goes with some in MS, but it is brought under control usually in HS with more experienced refs and as skill and strength overpowers cheating anyway.

QUOTE(soms @ Jan 31 2007 - 12:31 PM) 826353009[/snapback]

I was not getting involved with this, but I must admit the ref also caught coaches in the corner smirking as submission holds and threatened potential injury was executed as a method to win. The smirks continued even after the ref stopped the action. Very interesting, but the best teams still won!!

I guess anything goes with some in MS, but it is brought under control usually in HS with more experienced refs and as skill and strength overpowers cheating anyway.

INTERESTING...I NOTICED THAT TOO! THANKS FOR THE COMMENT...BUT...I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME OF THESE TEAMS GO AGAINST EACH OTHER WITH REFS SUCH AS HIGH SCHOOL DOES...AND SEE IF THESE TRULY ARE "THE BEST" TEAMS....WHAT KIND OF REFS WILL YOU HAVE AT THE TOURNAMENT THIS WEEKEND?

QUOTE(humphreyssm @ Jan 31 2007 - 10:37 AM) 826353019[/snapback]

INTERESTING...I NOTICED THAT TOO! THANKS FOR THE COMMENT...BUT...I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME OF THESE TEAMS GO AGAINST EACH OTHER WITH REFS SUCH AS HIGH SCHOOL DOES...AND SEE IF THESE TRULY ARE "THE BEST" TEAMS....WHAT KIND OF REFS WILL YOU HAVE AT THE TOURNAMENT THIS WEEKEND?

Bill appreciates the more experienced HS refs and he usually takes good care of them as a result... and they come One of my duties is to take good care too... in getting them Toot's, O' Charlies, Ryan's, Jim and Nicks, Legends, Shoneys, KFC, Steak and Shake, ect. They have a good day with us, as do the coaches,,, while I try to stay away in the gut reduction program.

QUOTE(soms @ Jan 31 2007 - 01:22 PM) 826353096[/snapback]

Bill appreciates the more experienced HS refs and he usually takes good care of them as a result... and they come One of my duties is to take good care too... in getting them Toot's, O' Charlies, Ryan's, Jim and Nicks, Legends, Shoneys, KFC, Steak and Shake, ect. They have a good day with us, as do the coaches,,, while I try to stay away in the gut reduction program.

awesome! look forward to wrestling there this weekend...we'll be with seymour of course...

[/quote

Well now that you have involved yourself, how did that match turn out? Answer me this question. TSSAA refs at the Tornado Duals??? The answer might suprise you. Do the same refs also ref for high school??

What did the ref do to the coaches that were in the corner smirking? Are we still talking about Nick and Trent?

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with either of you, but will say that I have seen both ends of this "choke" throughout the year. Either way, few ref's are calling it when it is blatant. No, I'm not bashing ref's.

I've watched a kid literally have a hand on a kids throat holding his head/neck to the mat and the ref count back points and never stop the match. I watched a HS kid last night get a cross face under the chin, while on his back screaming that he couldn't breathe. The kid got pinned and everyone in the gym new saw that the cross face was under the chin and not on his throat, even his coach. I understand it happened last night against my son during a MS match. The other kid was holding my son's head/neck down on the mat with a forearm across the throat. Yes, if I had of been their I would have been screaming "foul" too.

What's the right call? Just like stalling, it's a judgement call. I think we all just hope that no one ever has to witness a kid pass out on the mat because of a laps in judgement.

QUOTE(hrdcrwrestler @ Jan 31 2007 - 02:45 PM) 826353220[/snapback]

Stephanie, I started this thread to be more toward Nick and Trent. Don't take the name of the thread to heart. Next time Nick and Trent wrestle lets hope that both kids (and they are kids) come out looking like they gave it the best they had. Go Nick!!Go Trent!!!

LET'S GET IT ON!!!

phillip...if you started this thread to be more geared toward nick and trent...then you can make dang sure i'm taking it to heart...lookat what you started the thread as...name and first comment..did we or trent ever flaunt it in your face that nick always lost to trent prior to this year? no we didn't but here you are doing it...i thought it was over, but apparently not

as for thee refs..i was replying to soms comment and no we weren't talking about that particular match..that was the look on all the coaches faces, the smirk, ....