Baylor adds another Championship

ironman55

QUOTE(cbg @ Feb 16 2007 - 12:34 AM) 826374025[/snapback]

Congratulations to Baylor with 9 wrestlers in the finals and it probably is some type of record.

How many do you feel that they would have placed in the finals if we only had one division. Most of these kids are lucky if they have one tough match before the finals.

I don't know the answer but would it not be great to have the opportunity to find out?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mtnrasslin @ Feb 16 2007 - 07:29 AM) 826374140[/snapback]

I don't know the answer but would it not be great to have the opportunity to find out?

or treat the wrestling community to at least a dual and an individual tournament during regular season like most d-1 and d-2 schools do. What a treat it was as certain pro-teams in various sports would choose to get league officials to allow for regular season, post season, or at least pre-season competitions over the years ...primarily for the fan and even for themselves as a measuring stick of their strength and the extra revenue. Maybe TV would pick up some of these historic matches, should a little pow-wow occur and something was set up for next season.

QUOTE(cbg @ Feb 16 2007 - 12:34 AM) 826374025[/snapback]

Congratulations to Baylor with 9 wrestlers in the finals and it probably is some type of record.

How many do you feel that they would have placed in the finals if we only had one division. Most of these kids are lucky if they have one tough match before the finals.

IMHO at least 5 and possibly all 9. This season is no different then other recent years as the cream of both divisions are very close but it drops off much more rapidly after that in D2 than D1.

Manley defeated both D1 finalist this season.

Whitaker would be there IMHO

Johnson absolutely

Pop has only lost 2 times this year up at 145 and is wrestling well right now.

Bell defeated Winesburg 2 times this year so he certainly would have a good shot

Dostor beat Toney both times this year

While 160 is maybe the toughest weight class this year, I'd like Waddell's chances against both Wright and Creagan.

'71 is pretty wide open after Young, so Dostor stands a chance.

Still is a small heavy, but he's been a gamer for 2 years now.

QUOTE(walkenvol @ Feb 16 2007 - 09:18 AM) 826374315[/snapback]

IMHO at least 5 and possibly all 9. This season is no different then other recent years as the cream of both divisions are very close but it drops off much more rapidly after that in D2 than D1.

Manley defeated both D1 finalist this season.

Whitaker would be there IMHO

Johnson absolutely

Pop has only lost 2 times this year up at 145 and is wrestling well right now.

Bell defeated Winesburg 2 times this year so he certainly would have a good shot

Dostor beat Toney both times this year

While 160 is maybe the toughest weight class this year, I'd like Waddell's chances against both Wright and Creagan.

'71 is pretty wide open after Young, so Dostor stands a chance.

Still is a small heavy, but he's been a gamer for 2 years now.

Walkenvol:

Give me some insight on Doster-Bateman tonight and how you think either of them would do against DI competition. Also, I have wondered for some time if Waddell, Ceagan and Wright could match up with Bateman. He is a great athelete but only seems to be a seasonal wrestler.

QUOTE(soms @ Feb 17 2007 - 12:14 AM) 826375598[/snapback]

Congrats to a fine Big Red squad ...once again.

Note: I thought Joe did an exceptional job against a powerful BJ. And what's up with TJD's head gear thing?

Just another in a long line of examples of poor poor sportsmanship by a low class group